Home The Holodeck
Options

Have You Ever Bit on an Ad?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I tried Hustle Castle briefly but it played COMPLETELY different from the way all the ads showed it working so I stopped. I also tried, Idle Heroes. It was SERIOUSLY fun for the first few days, so much stuff to do, so many heroes to upgrade, it was the most fun I've ever had playing a game...then you just run full speed into the largest wall in history...you'll cruise through the first three chapters without much struggle and then you hit level 4.5 and it ALL ends, abruptly! At that point I had to spend over one day having my heroes grind out (they fight 24/7) exp just to squeak by, and from then on it was just a brutal, brutal slog. So I stopped playing.

===EDIT===

I also downloaded Puzzles & Empires to test a theory. When I first started playing I was getting that Puzzles & empires ad that forced you to play the puzzle and it was CRAZY loud and annoying every time I ran the warp, so I downloaded the game to test if the ad software checked your phone before playing ads to see if you already had the game, and once I had Puzzles & Empires I never saw that ad again.
    I have been playing Sims Freeplay for 6 years (with a 2 years break). I am sure I got there from some ad but cannot remember from where. I spent like 200 dollars over the years.

In Sims I saw an ad for Puzzles & Empires, I have been playing it for more than a year and also spent around 100 dollar on it. Now I have basically everything so there is no need to spend any more. (I still get the ads for it even though it is installed on my devices btw.) In P&E I saw ads for Hustle Castle and Idle Heroes...

I played Hustle Castle for quite a while but my alliance got too ambitious for my taste so I quit the entire game. Around 20 dollars spent.

Idle Heros: 100% signed what you wrote. I even spent up to VIP3 there in the beginning as it was so much fun but after 3 month I totally had enough of the chores.

An ad in Puzzles & Empires also reminded me of STT so I returned.

So yes, ads really work on me. :/

In my place all ads are for games.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play Fallout Shelter. It is great and seems like the ads for Hustle Castle, but no need to spend and no player vs. player. Completely fun and stress free. Just patience and play when you want.
  • Options
    There was a "puzzle" app ad I downloaded to see how it would be for my mom. She loves putting puzzles together. She still likes the box puzzles better. Unfortunately many of the ads (if I click them) cause my device to reboot. (it's an old device)
    "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard