Home Engineering Room
Options

Dabo wheel rewards for characters I don't have? What's the point?

So this is something that has been bugging me for a while, but never took the time to inquire. I thought that the way the Dabo Wheel was supposed to work was that it generated items that you needed. If this is so, then why do I have a bunch of random items for characters that i dont have sitting in my inventory from Dabo wins?
The two rare equipment rewards that are currently in the prize pool are
Inglatu's Uniform and Dr. Seller's Med kit.
I've never even heard of Inglatu and Dr. Sellar is already immortalized and frozen. So what's the deal?

Comments

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I have always understood it, the Dabo Wheel can offer items you need in some (fairly random quantity) of slots. As far as I remember they never promised anything more than this.

For the slots that may do this, they are generated when the wheel is refreshed or possibly when it’s first visited after the refresh time (It may also look at recently airlocked crew?). So it’s quite possible to have levelled your crew in between refresh and your spins, making some of the items redundant very quickly.
  • Options
    rxvdmljhkrxl.png
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I have always understood it, the Dabo Wheel can offer items you need in some (fairly random quantity) of slots. As far as I remember they never promised anything more than this.

For the slots that may do this, they are generated when the wheel is refreshed or possibly when it’s first visited after the refresh time (It may also look at recently airlocked crew?). So it’s quite possible to have levelled your crew in between refresh and your spins, making some of the items redundant very quickly.
    I got AOS Datas uniform. Great, except I don't have him, and not in my airlock pool.
    I need to replicate some useless items as Im fast approaching my 1000 limit item cap, and the games bound to loose something I actually need otherwise.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I’ve received my fair share of junk from it too. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s a great system of rewards and the chance of a 5* drop.. eek! And I’ve seen a fair few members finally get the gold but it’s someone they already have immortalised!

But from the point of view of where the OP was coming from, I don’t think Dabo Wheel is bugged.
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Every item on my bottom row today is for a crew I have immortalized and frozen or for a crew I don't own.
    Personalize for me my butt.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    It is personalized in that it is more likely to populate with items that you need to equip. It is not a guarantee and we don't know how much more likely
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    I do know that it loves to use crew that you have recently dismissed when devising items "just for you". Never collect a voyage or ranked event rewards or 10x pull within four hours of Dabo refresh time.
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Got equipment for Assimilate La Forge today. Again I don't own him.

I always do my Dabo before I do anything that could add new crew to my overflow. Don't need gear for a 1* that I am going to airlock.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017