Home The Bridge
Options

I made FOUR milestones in STT last week - WOO-HOO!

This past week of playing STT was quite a memorable one for me. The Family Tree event was one to forget as I already had Mirror T'Pol, Lt. Valeris & Disguised Tuvok each already FF/FE, and I wasn't at all excited about another Sarek - still working on leveling the two previous versions of ST: Discovery themed Sareks'. At some point during the week, I did make Max Level on the collection Chain of Command - I can't recall exactly what occurred to make that happen....but that wasn't such a big deal.

However, I did make Captain level 70 while doing multiple missions to gather necessary equipment to complete the items for the event. Earlier in the week, I had also Immortalized my 300th character (Mirror Jadzia Dax); then, following that, I completed my first 8 hour Voyage WITHOUT needing to extend it by spending dilithium. Very Nice!

99d9aufkbrx9.jpg

But the real accomplishment that I was most happy about was finally - FINALLY! - finishing in the Top 5 of a Gauntlet. I'd consistently fallen out of the Top 5 within the last handful of seconds - getting passed as time was expiring and finishing in 6th, 7th, 8th, etc. But last week I was able to complete a few matches in the waning seconds and actually hang in there to hit that benchmark and collect my reward. That was something of a minor miracle.

What awaits next - who knows???

Comments

• Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Gratz!
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    Congrats and well done!
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Options
    This past week of playing STT was quite a memorable one for me. The Family Tree event was one to forget as I already had Mirror T'Pol, Lt. Valeris & Disguised Tuvok each already FF/FE, and I wasn't at all excited about another Sarek - still working on leveling the two previous versions of ST: Discovery themed Sareks'. At some point during the week, I did make Max Level on the collection Chain of Command - I can't recall exactly what occurred to make that happen....but that wasn't such a big deal.

However, I did make Captain level 70 while doing multiple missions to gather necessary equipment to complete the items for the event. Earlier in the week, I had also Immortalized my 300th character (Mirror Jadzia Dax); then, following that, I completed my first 8 hour Voyage WITHOUT needing to extend it by spending dilithium. Very Nice!

99d9aufkbrx9.jpg

But the real accomplishment that I was most happy about was finally - FINALLY! - finishing in the Top 5 of a Gauntlet. I'd consistently fallen out of the Top 5 within the last handful of seconds - getting passed as time was expiring and finishing in 6th, 7th, 8th, etc. But last week I was able to complete a few matches in the waning seconds and actually hang in there to hit that benchmark and collect my reward. That was something of a minor miracle.

What awaits next - who knows???

Very nice, congrats!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Awesome! Congratulations on your success. :)
  • Options
    Busy week - well done!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    During the Skirmish event, I made it to level 60, and then placed top 1500 for the first time ever, also placing highest in my fleet as wel. This event I brought Disguised Tuvok to 4/4, Mirror T'Pol to 3/5, and gained 600 honor from Valeris and the other two Tuvok's. Not as awesome as you, but still feel accomplished.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    q68ev53diazi.jpg
    Congrats!!!
    an8appzdtxn2.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Grats on the milestones, Captain Nelson. Job well done. :)
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to see posts like this -- it's the right way to think about this game. Incremental improvement, individual progress, goals and milestones.

Congratulations.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    During the Skirmish event, I made it to level 60, and then placed top 1500 for the first time ever, also placing highest in my fleet as wel. This event I brought Disguised Tuvok to 4/4, Mirror T'Pol to 3/5, and gained 600 honor from Valeris and the other two Tuvok's. Not as awesome as you, but still feel accomplished.

Nicely done, MM! I hope your good fortunes continue and you get well-rewarded during the this month's Mega Event!
  • Options
    Captain NelsonCaptain Nelson ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Great to see posts like this -- it's the right way to think about this game. Incremental improvement, individual progress, goals and milestones.

Congratulations.

Exactly Matt - playing the game for the fun & enjoyment that it brings, and not focusing on the frustrations that Gauntlet presents from time to time or during Arena ship battles - and I do get upset during them. However, that level of frustration is happening to everyone in the game (maybe with the exception of a few) and we all have to work through that. As a player I (all of us in fact) have control over quite a bit of the playing experience in this game; myself, I maximize that as much as I able to, using the materials gained through Missions, Voyages, etc. and the gifts that DB bestows upon us all from time to time.
  • Options
    Congrats Nelson!
    I agree completely. I am at Lvl 69 and have 307 Immortalized. I recently got burned out trying to compete and keep up with the release of new characters. I barely played the last 2 events and feel much better about the game. I am ready to resume playing a bit more, and will probably try to threshold-and-out for most of the mega.

Best of luck on your next goal! I'll see you at level 70 in a couple of weeks (hopefully.)
  • Options
    Grats :)
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!