Home The Bridge
Options

Idea for a future mega: Maquis/Cardassian

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in The Bridge
The idea of this mega focuses largely on the Maquis strife with the Cardassians. The Maquis who seek freedom from the Cardassians albeit through violence and terrorism. And the Cardassians who wish to uphold order in their empire often by means of cruelty and oppression. As with Timelines premises, this event would naturally intersect various other characters, events, times, and realities.

Some ideas for crew for this event...

EVENT - Chaos and Order

jjestck72g0m.jpg
Legendary Event Crew: Anthropologist Chakotay (5*) - SCI, DIP, CMD
After years of being allied with the Voyager crew and becoming part of them, Chakotay aims to put his sociological and anthropological prowess to use to analyze the Maquis/Cardassian conflicts echoing through the timelines.

WEEK 1 - Coup d'Etat

872plfxx9lkv.jpg
New crew: Kai Winn Adami (5*) - CMD, DIP, MED
The Maquis/Cardassian conflicts have been affecting the Bajoran occupation of the past and Winn wants to take advantage of the Maquis presence to establish Bajoran independence earlier than when its history occurred.

ifflksk2c9di.jpg
New crew: Gul Evek (4*) - CMD, SEC, DIP
With the Maquis/Cardassian struggles influencing past and present Bajor, Gul Evek has to rise to oppose both Winn and Ro Laren's ambitious plans to cripple Cardassia's stronghold.

rbkvgph0r4fd.png
Pre-existing crew: Maquis Ro Laren (4*) - SEC, CMD, DIP

WEEK 2 - Arbitration and Armistice

bijv1wgyeb7z.png
Pre-existing crew: Crell Moset (5*) - MED, DIP, SCI

vuj5fyvvs2pt.jpg
New crew: Tallera (4*) - SCI, SEC
Within the ongoing chaos between the Maquis, Bajorans, and Cardassians, the timeline reaches Tallera in her quest for Vulcan Isolationism. Previously having sought a violent means to her ends, Tallera now believes that compromise and ceasefires are key to bringing the issues to a close and potentially also securing Vulcan's isolationism.

w7hon8g91v9s.png
Pre-existing crew: Smuggler Kasidy Yates (4*) - CMD, ENG, SEC

WEEK 3 - The Glass Menagerie of Peace

kqqphlak77rg.jpg
New crew: Kay Eaton (5*) - DIP, SCI
The events of this political turmoil between the Maquis, Cardassians, and its interferences with the Bajoran occupation have now reached the alternate reality of Kay and her fellow writers at the Incredible Tales office. Eager to solidify her place as a woman writer of acclaim, Kay takes to chronicling the ongoing strife.

0q79k616bpau.jpg
New crew: Tekeny Ghemor (4*) - DIP, CMD, ENG
As peace is slowly becoming a possibility, Tekeny has to work with Kay and Vedek Bareil to help make it a reality.

8xyvu3m68au3.png
Pre-existing crew: Vedek Bareil Antos (4*) - DIP, CMD, MED

WEEK 4 - Hanging by a silken thread

og2cqtebnj1x.jpg
New crew: Mastermind Seska (5*) - ENG, SEC, CMD
Just when peace seems attainable, the overlap of the timelines brings forth Seska from her conniving creation of the Insurrection Alpha holoprogram back in Voyager's timeline. Now able to bring her oppressive will to fruition, Seska sets forth to ruin Chakotay's endeavours once and for all.

hnt8hng257qi.png
New crew: Prisoner Sito Jaxa (4*) - DIP, SEC, CMD
In the full-swing of Seska's blindsiding tactics which threaten the fragile budding peace between the Maquis, Cardassians, and Bajorans, the intersection of the timelines has caused Jaxa to escape the doom of her premature death. Realizing what's at stake, she devotes herself to overthrowing Seska's treacherous plans alongside Suder.

oli6gt6ark00.png
Pre-existing crew: Lon Suder (4*) - SEC, ENG, SCI

I'd love to hear your thoughts
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant! I do think Kai Winn should be CMD/DIP/MED but that's a cracking idea and some crew I'd love to get!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Brilliant! I do think Kai Winn should be CMD/DIP/MED but that's a cracking idea and some crew I'd love to get!

I'm not opposed, but I'm curious why MED?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Existing legendary never happened in the new event.
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »

Not sure I understand your meaning. If you mean by the event happening, it will cause a causality break where Chakotay never joined Voyager, yes but also no. Remember the premise of Timelines is not that there’s one single timeline but rather multiple realities and timelines all intersecting.
  • Options

I'm not opposed, but I'm curious why MED?

Because her security ability is non-existent and she technically speaking at least, is supposed to be a spiritual healer, even if most of her work is via politics.
  • Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    LOVE It. Just a couple of changes. First Tekeny Ghemor shoud be a 5* and second we really need Crewman Ayala. He is in more than 100 VOY episodes and never ever said a word. Love to see him in the game.
    PS: Mastermind Seska :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley: !!!
    @Shan just do it!
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Agreed. This is a really cool idea. I don't know what to add! I like all of the crew ideas!
  • Options
    Great ideas, would love to see these crew appear.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »

Not sure I understand your meaning. If you mean by the event happening, it will cause a causality break where Chakotay never joined Voyager, yes but also no. Remember the premise of Timelines is not that there’s one single timeline but rather multiple realities and timelines all intersecting.

I believe they are referring to Crell Moset in week 2 being a pre-existing 5* crew. In week 2 you are proposing 1 new 4* crew, 1 pre-existing 4* crew, and 1 pre-existing 5* crew which is not typical in events.

Btw, I like your overall idea.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I wish I could awesome this more than once.

Especially Insurrection Alpha Seska. Wanted to see her for awhile. ENG/SEC/COM was more what I was thinking. She does order around the holographic Maquis around, and SCI/ENG/SEC overlaps with Sudor. Crossing fingers that she'll show up in October.
  • Options
    Vreenak9 wrote: »
    LOVE It. Just a couple of changes. First Tekeny Ghemor shoud be a 5* and second we really need Crewman Ayala. He is in more than 100 VOY episodes and never ever said a word. Love to see him in the game.
    @Shan just do it!

I’m not opposed to Tekeny being a 5*, but I like Kay more and felt that her being from an alternate reality may have a real impact on the events in motion :)

As for Ayala, I agree he needs to be in game, but likely a 2-3*. Sadly I don’t remember him having any dialogue really.

• Options
    I wish I could awesome this more than once.

Especially Insurrection Alpha Seska. Wanted to see her for awhile. ENG/SEC/COM was more what I was thinking. She does order around the holographic Maquis around, and SCI/ENG/SEC overlaps with Sudor. Crossing fingers that she'll show up in October.

Oh true about Seska’s skills, the SCI was a filler really.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff! We should try to fit Calvin Hudson in there too. He'd make an appropriate Mega Legendary as well!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan just do it!

He had speaking lines in 4 episodes FYI
    But yes, he needs a card
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Great stuff! We should try to fit Calvin Hudson in there too. He'd make an appropriate Mega Legendary as well!

Well the roster is pretty full up. But maybe he could be pack only :p
  • Options
    Make him the 2*.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    I want Prisoner Sito Jaxa, Mastermind Seska, and Anthropologist Chakotay really badly. Right now. There's some fantastic crew. I would also go nuts on Kai Winn and Gul Evek, Techeny Ghemor, Tallera and Kay Eaton, I do have Vedek Bareil and Smuggler Kasidy Yates (who is a recent pack only so probably won't be seen for a while sadly). Maquis Ro Laren is awesome, and Lon Suder is probably the least interesting to me.
  • Options
    Like the idea...

But can I suggest switching out Moset in week 2 for Gul Darhe'el?

tumblr_inline_mv982qD0HQ1r582r6.jpg
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, but you need more TNG and TOS crew. Probably need an open slot for some season 2 Discovery crew too. Also not sure it any of those are ENT crew, but add them if necessary.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Like the idea...

But can I suggest switching out Moset in week 2 for Gul Darhe'el?

tumblr_inline_mv982qD0HQ1r582r6.jpg

I went with Moset because a) there’s always a pre-existing 5* in one of the events of a mega, b) if not Moset we honestly have no real MED representation in the event. Besides Moset is an interesting Cardassian
  • Options
    I like the idea, but you need more TNG and TOS crew. Probably need an open slot for some season 2 Discovery crew too. Also not sure it any of those are ENT crew, but add them if necessary.

I would suggest 'Conflicted Archer' from the episode Dear Doctor where has to choose between one species and another, and his ethics and Starfleet regulations come into strong conflict. His quote could be 'We have a moral obligation to help those who are suffering'.

zlypdnxl58ye.jpg
  • Options
    i would love this! bring it on!
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    @Shan just do it!

He had speaking lines in 4 episodes FYI
    But yes, he needs a card

4 Episodes? really? couldn't remember a word. You know which ones?
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition