Home The Bridge
Options

Multiple accounts?

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why do some people have several accounts? I sometime find even this one hard to play and I don't know what is the joy of playing with multiple accounts.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. People work three accounts during events. This is one case where I put all my eggs in one basket
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it was just interesting to test out the strategies I'd learned after months of playing, and see how much faster I could grow an account from scratch, not having to make the same mistakes I made the first time out. So I had two alt accounts: one F2P, the other with minimal spending. I did get a bit bored when I got to about Captain level 50 with them, though. And then there was all the extra time I was spending playing the game (even though I didn't give them nearly as much time as my main acct).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I could see one attraction being having a paid account and also having the challenge of VIP0.
    Some players just like to know where the leader board ends.
    Some like to help out in a sister/second fleet, and some fleets prefer having an officer that's already an established player, that they know.

My OH is considering starting another account, that's free. I actually laughed (because he also works minimum 12hr days and I've seen him doing dailies at midnight) so I think my reponse put him off.... his idea was that he would see what it was like being more laid back (I think, I mean I was laughing pretty loud)

Anyway, I have just one account, sometimes I think a second would be an interesting experiment and then I imagine trying to grind skirmish for both of them......
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I started a second account to run TFA's sister fleet. It's more like work though which is why I sometimes don't log into it for a couple of days, not counting events of course.
  • Options
    I have a F2P account just for kicks, and more to keep me humble. Locked in at 85 crew slots, and still gaining purple and gold crew is excruciating! I only check in with it maybe once a month, sometimes more during a mega.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, some of us are just plain nuts.
    I have:
    A) eXo me - VIP 14035kla, all the crew, etc. I play this account maybe 20 mins a day.
    2) VIP 0 me - because why not? It's fun and a challenge. And this is what I consider my main account, despite it not yet being level 70 (working on that)
    III) VIP 0 me #2 - started an extra account to help with Starbase Donations for the second fleet, never any intention to actually play it. Now somehow level 50, but I don't finish dailies on it every day. Maybe 15 mins tops a day.
    D) VIP 14 me #2 - so, this is the day 1 account that started the game three years ago, went VIP 14 and then got locked out (long story, CS mishap). So, I started a new account, in April of 16, the one we all see today, and this one sat idle. Until 7 months ago when I regained access to it. So, now, it sits parked in Brofleet donating 700 a day and collecting chrons. Not even 10 mins a day.
    5) Stat checker account - yes, account #5. It's a level 20 account that exists in its own fleet, in its own squad, and each event gets the very minimum VP to calculate total players event over event. It gets opened once a week.

So, 5 total accounts, 4 of them daily. 3 of those 4 combine for maybe 45 mins a day (and that is often ran at the same time) while the main playing is scattered throughout the day, maybe 3 hours or so total. Also sit on Discord in fleet & community chat all day. And yes, I work about 65+ hours a week at a Fortune 15 company and actually get work done, while raising a family and seeing the outside of my house. Nothing gets neglected from that level of play.

And that's just me. You can basically mirror that above statement for my better half who has practically the same setup.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related question: is it against the rules/terms of service/etc to have multiple accounts in the same fleet. I read every word of every answer above and unless I missed it (I am exceptionally tired ATM) it seems like all the extra accounts are in separate fleets.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll answer that backwards.

I have 5 accounts in 3 fleets, so there is overlap. There is no rules against having multiple accounts - other than you can't share, give away, or sell your account. If you start an account, you have to play it yourself. So, if I were absolutely insane, I could open 50 accounts and fill a fleet with just me.

But, I think I'm about maxed out as it is.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 5 accounts in 3 fleets, so there is overlap. There is no rules against having multiple accounts - other than you can't share, give away, or sell your account. If you start an account, you have to play it yourself. So, if I were absolutely insane, I could open 50 accounts and fill a fleet with just me.

You have given me much to ponder, thank you for your response :)
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »

You're going start your own fleet with 50 accounts?
  • Options
    Back in the olden times, when we still had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles both ways each day, there was not much else to do in this game besides logging in to rotate shuttles and burning [a max of] 150 chronitons. Oh and checking in for daily chroniton boosts. That's it. No cadet challenges, no voyages, no arena, no gauntlet. Nothing. Just burn the few chronitons you had to level crew, and rotate shuttles. Dabo wasn't even working for a while.

So you liked STT, but there wasn't much to do in the game. So what do you do? Start more accounts!

But now, with so much to do, my other accounts have been idle since last year. It takes enough time to keep up with this one that I don't have time for the other two anymore.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, some of us are just plain nuts.
    I have:
    A) eXo me - VIP 14035kla, all the crew, etc. I play this account maybe 20 mins a day.
    2) VIP 0 me - because why not? It's fun and a challenge. And this is what I consider my main account, despite it not yet being level 70 (working on that)
    III) VIP 0 me #2 - started an extra account to help with Starbase Donations for the second fleet, never any intention to actually play it. Now somehow level 50, but I don't finish dailies on it every day. Maybe 15 mins tops a day.
    D) VIP 14 me #2 - so, this is the day 1 account that started the game three years ago, went VIP 14 and then got locked out (long story, CS mishap). So, I started a new account, in April of 16, the one we all see today, and this one sat idle. Until 7 months ago when I regained access to it. So, now, it sits parked in Brofleet donating 700 a day and collecting chrons. Not even 10 mins a day.
    5) Stat checker account - yes, account #5. It's a level 20 account that exists in its own fleet, in its own squad, and each event gets the very minimum VP to calculate total players event over event. It gets opened once a week.

So, 5 total accounts, 4 of them daily. 3 of those 4 combine for maybe 45 mins a day (and that is often ran at the same time) while the main playing is scattered throughout the day, maybe 3 hours or so total. Also sit on Discord in fleet & community chat all day. And yes, I work about 65+ hours a week at a Fortune 15 company and actually get work done, while raising a family and seeing the outside of my house. Nothing gets neglected from that level of play.

And that's just me. You can basically mirror that above statement for my better half who has practically the same setup.

How accurate do you think the stat checker account is? I ask because I’ll craft one recipe and be at 10 VP. When I see where I am there are people below me, so many that I can’t see where it ends. I have no idea how much lower than me the leaderboard goes
  • Options
    Yep, like Frank said, the current loadout is --

1) eXo account, started in January 2016. I play this one sporadically throughout the day and usually don't clear dailies. There's really nothing much for me to do on this once since everything is cleared and I have a lot of resources.
    2) VIP0 account, level 74, which has really been my "main" for gameplay for the last year. Now starting to reach the same point as #1.
    3) Former VIP0 account which is now another VIP14 account, but one where I basically keep it to monthly card / $10 or less spend.
    4) Oopsie account residing in Brofleet, which I created accidentally while trying to purchase the steam starter deal when it first debuted and it made me a new DBID instead. Protip: log into steam first.

As I said, I'm now reaching a point on my VIP0 where there isn't much to do and it's practically in autopilot (350 immortals, 8 hour voyages, lots of 4* done, tons of resources), so I'm spending more time on 3. With mature accounts, you will inevitably reach a point where you run out of things to do.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, like Frank said, the current loadout is --

1) eXo account, started in January 2016. I play this one sporadically throughout the day and usually don't clear dailies. There's really nothing much for me to do on this once since everything is cleared and I have a lot of resources.
    2) VIP0 account, level 74, which has really been my "main" for gameplay for the last year. Now starting to reach the same point as #1.
    3) Former VIP0 account which is now another VIP14 account, but one where I basically keep it to monthly card / $10 or less spend.
    4) Oopsie account residing in Brofleet, which I created accidentally while trying to purchase the steam starter deal when it first debuted and it made me a new DBID instead. Protip: log into steam first.

As I said, I'm now reaching a point on my VIP0 where there isn't much to do and it's practically in autopilot (350 immortals, 8 hour voyages, lots of 4* done, tons of resources), so I'm spending more time on 3. With mature accounts, you will inevitably reach a point where you run out of things to do.

I’m one of those calculating psychos who can sit back in the weeds for months and collect resources for an event win run. You’re right, there isn’t much to do but I have laser focus when I want something and I want a win. I can stay in collection mode as long as I have to
  • Options
    I also kind of ran out of things to do on my VIP14, so I made a VIP0 which has been the focus of most of my efforts the past 2 or 3 months. It's fun seeing the difference, both in terms of VIP0 vs VIP14 but also account over 2 years old vs a relatively new account.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I agree. People work three accounts during events. This is one case where I put all my eggs in one basket

Exactly this event is the easiest one where anyone can play with several accounts easily because shuttles come and go every 3 hours, so it's not a problem, but the rest of the events are really hard to be played with several accounts, that's why I abandoned one of my three accounts, I can play easily with 2 and even get to top 1k on Skirmishes and Galaxy events if I want, Faction events are different...
  • Options
    "Back in the olden times, when we still had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles both ways each day, there was not much else to do in this game besides logging in to rotate shuttles and burning [a max of] 150 chronitons"

And you would spend those 150 chrons trying to get one little item to drop! It would take me weeks to level up a crew member. Doctor La Forge's grin grew to into a mocking smirk more and more every day.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

You're going start your own fleet with 50 accounts?

Not quite, lol. But a few in-game friends and I did just start a new fleet, and we are looking for new people to help us build our starbase, etc. It is tempting to consider creating a second account to join our fleet to help it get a bit of a push.