Home Ready Room
Options

Extinction?

I am very intrigued by the text that went along with todays event announcement:
A younger Q, restless with how the Alpha Quadrant seems to be settling down, decides to host a boxing tournament with some of the highest stakes imaginable: extinction for the losers! He has selected three factions for potential extinction who must send up champions to prove they are worthy of avoiding said fate - the Maquis, Augments, and Klingons!

Do you think this might be a prelude for changes in the game? Which faction would you like to see gone? I personally am not a fan of the augments and would love to see them replaced. I would root for Terran Rebellion or even the Borg as a stronger replacement. They have enough characters already in game. Another wild theory I have imagined was a photonic splinter group led by the Doctor.

Posting this for speculative entertainment purposes only :)o:):D

Comments

• Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    potential extinction
    Bring on the Obsidian Order!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    The Hirogen, ugh, no doubt. I constantly forget they are even there. :D:D This would be, in fact, a terrible way to alter the game. Would like for the story to progress a little bit and certainly add more if they dont take anything away.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever notice you don’t get Hirogen transmissions from scans? Dominion either. Stupid observation but I’ve always wondered why you’ll get every other faction
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't the Ferengi Tradionalists supposed to have been defeated back after the first run of Rule 126? I wouldn't put too much stock into the fluff...hopefully Rocky Tucker will convince young not to unleash rapid distrucion after all.

But if we have to eliminate a faction, don't make me choose between Augments, Maquis and Klingons. Make it between Hirogen and the two Ferengi factions.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weren't the Ferengi Tradionalists supposed to have been defeated back after the first run of Rule 126? I wouldn't put too much stock into the fluff...hopefully Rocky Tucker will convince young not to unleash rapid distrucion after all.

But if we have to eliminate a faction, don't make me choose between Augments, Maquis and Klingons. Make it between Hirogen and the two Ferengi factions.

The Maquis can go. They’re lame. Make room for Andorians. Or the Xindi

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would killing a faction potentially break anything to do with that faction's associated episode missions?
  • Options
    To eliminate a faction, DB would need to reassign faction items that only drop via shuttle or faction store to someplace else, OR rework a lot of crew equipment
  • Options
    It’s obvious - they are getting rid of one of these three to make room for a third Ferengi faction, of course.