Home The Bridge
Options

Event ranking rewards 76th - 1000th

Hi @Shan & DB,

I would always look to place in the top 100 and push for a top 75 or even top 50. My best is 27th. The time and resources needed to achieve this are high. Over time the rewards for finishing 76th to 1000th have converged to such an extent that now the difference is 2x rare pulls, 100 merits and some 5* trainers. Yet the effort needed to finish just in the top 1000 is much less.

I no longer see the justification for my time and resources trying to get in the top 75 and just missing out. I might as well play within myself and just get into the top 1000 to get the 5* character and the 3x rare pulls there is no incentive anymore to place 900 places higher and only get 2 extra rare rewards.

Numerous times you have been asked to change the distribution of the event rewards yet the focus is always towards the top 25 rather than the top 1000 or the top 3000.

There is similar disparity with the Squad rewards where Replication rations and credits can be easily earned from voyages.

Regards V'ger

Comments

• Options
    It's long been a gripe that there's not much point to ranking from 26 - 1000. Yadda yadda yadda the other rewards, but the more important point is you still only get 1 of the gold. It's also long been said that the gold needs to be more evenly graded from 1000 all the way up to 26. If you're hitting 1k, chances are the extra stuff from hitting 26 really doesn't matter to you. So you basically make sure you stay above 1k and just coast through to the end.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    sorinev wrote: »
    It's long been a gripe that there's not much point to ranking from 26 - 1000. Yadda yadda yadda the other rewards, but the more important point is you still only get 1 of the gold. It's also long been said that the gold needs to be more evenly graded from 1000 all the way up to 26. If you're hitting 1k, chances are the extra stuff from hitting 26 really doesn't matter to you. So you basically make sure you stay above 1k and just coast through to the end.

Yes that's exactly my approach going forward, DB will lose out on my purchases of Premium boosts and Standard boosts.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind so much if they would just make higher threshold rewards to include a copy of that week's gold crew, or some valuable items.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    You could replace trainers, which are effectively meaningless for someone able to realistically vie for the top 100 (I am not such a person and I have over 9k gold trainers in inventory), with honor or even merrits of a reasonable amount. 1000 more honor per reward tier would likely mollify people and probably get some more revenue from sellling boosts and chrons.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind so much if they would just make higher threshold rewards to include a copy of that week's gold crew, or some valuable items.

I agree the thresholds also need work as the top reward of 1k merits at 250k points maybe DB need to consider adding rewards at 500k, 750k, 1m, 1.5m & 2m etc

Players who get into the top 25 are very likely to have a 5/5* Legend already when they purchased the packs released on the Wednesday so getting extra 5* event characters is irrelevant for them too.
  • Options
    Wundigore wrote: »
    You could replace trainers, which are effectively meaningless for someone able to realistically vie for the top 100 (I am not such a person and I have over 9k gold trainers in inventory), with honor or even merrits of a reasonable amount. 1000 more honor per reward tier would likely mollify people and probably get some more revenue from sellling boosts and chrons.

Changing merits & trainers for honor is a good idea.

26-50 = 15k honor
    51-75 = 10k honor
    76-200 = 7.5k honor
    201-350 = 5k honor
    351-650 = 2.5k honor
    651-1000 = 1k honor

Thoughts everyone? Or a different range of honor from 1 all the way to the end So many players need honor so maybe 50k honor for 26-50 etc...
  • Options

I would say someting similar but not for the event crew, because then ending second would suffice to get a complete Legendary crewman, and the one who wins the Event will have an extra instance, but it would be a nice idea to have one legendary as a reward on the threshold rewards that would have nothing to do with that event! They did this with Dancing Uhura I believe.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say someting similar but not for the event crew, because then ending second would suffice to get a complete Legendary crewman, and the one who wins the Event will have an extra instance, but it would be a nice idea to have one legendary as a reward on the threshold rewards that would have nothing to do with that event! They did this with Dancing Uhura I believe.

And they just did it with Mirror T’Pol so hopefully this is a trend... but so far it’s only for repeat events where the “old” 5* from the first time is out in threshold.

After my slog to 14 to get the achievement, I have always basically shot for top 1000 so I’m not sure why the OP thinks there has been reward “convergence over time” from 76-1000. As far as I can remember in the two years I’ve been playing, the difference from 26-1000 is insignificant.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think or want the reward structure to change, just that I don’t think there has been any convergence or change as it’s always been like that.

But less people buying boosts and Chron would be welcome as well as it would make my top 1000 targets easier. 🖖
  • Options
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »

26-50 = 15k honor
    51-75 = 10k honor
    76-200 = 7.5k honor
    201-350 = 5k honor
    351-650 = 2.5k honor
    651-1000 = 1k honor

Thoughts everyone? Or a different range of honor from 1 all the way to the end So many players need honor so maybe 50k honor for 26-50 etc...

Double it..
  • Options

26-50 = 15k honor
    51-75 = 10k honor
    76-200 = 7.5k honor
    201-350 = 5k honor
    351-650 = 2.5k honor
    651-1000 = 1k honor

Double it..

I prefer merits
  • Options
    Long time complaint, but I am sure it is being worked on...like the macros. Too soon for that joke?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure it will be fixed when they can monetize it exponentially.
  • Options
    Okay, keep the Merits, and just change the TRAINERS to Honor!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the op. Also it's getting increasingly difficult to rank in the top 1000 and it's a real kick in the nuts to finish in 1001th position, there needs to be a more gradual distribution across the board
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I've avoided commenting because there have been some excellent suggestions in the past that have gone nowhere. DB have so far refused to change the basic rewards structure. The latest move is rather drastic but hasn't really taken on board any of those ideas. I'm a bit over discussing it because it's just another frustration I can't be bothered with. However. Since there has been a change, I'll dip back in.

I have long since thought the gap between threshold and above 1000 rank is absurd, and again from 1000 to 25 (or 15) even more absurd. I really think stepped rewards are better, threshold should keep going to 500,000 and there should be something more over 1000. What that might be is open to a very long and often well-thought-out debate, but is ultimately up to DB to initiate.

Honor would be my preference. A decent chunk of it to repay my efforts. I do worry it would make the leaderboard more challenging but as always I would pick and choose my battles carefully. I can't really see much else being enticing enough. Either the fourth super-rare in a Faction Event, another gold, or honor.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Saying that, there's this.

o596l2it2w2h.png
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    How about — I'm already getting ready to duck behind a wall :sweat_smile: — introducing some form of crew "pattern fragments"... you collect, say, 50 or a 100 of them, and you are able to reconstitute a single copy of that crew from the transporter buffer?

This would allow them to spread out the rewards much better, when they don't have to choose between one more full copy or none at all.

Of course, this will only work well if these "pattern fragments" also become available, in smaller quantities, through other gameplay avenues (Gauntlet, Voyages, some slots on the Daily Reward schedule, other consolation prizes?), so that people don't sit with half-formed crew forever. Maybe also throw some "universal fragments" out there that would allow people to finish off the crew they like most, even if they don't have a full set.

Several games I've played has used such a system to great success, especially to smooth out ranking rewards without giving the whole farm away.

I'm thinking this would only apply to Legendary crew... doing the same for Super Rares and lower would be a bit much, perhaps. Maybe even choose one or two (decent) Legendaries to feature for the full duration of a calendar month, so that we don't end up with too much clutter.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well, honor can't get you that first copy of a Legendary crew that you need to start adding more stars (with two exceptions, of course), so no, not quite the same. I was thinking that part of the incentive could be to give a partial, but not full, Legendary to ranks 2k and better...

I guess some players would prefer just to get more honor, but, while useful, it doesn't exactly get one revved up, does it? (It just puts you a bit further ahead on your grind...)

Still, I wouldn't complain if that was the resolution...
  • Options
    The legendaries are already scattered into 5 fragments. You can use fragments of honor to build up a whole fragment which can be used any way you wish.

I generally think honor is best, as it allows more flexibility for the player. I'm not sure it's going to be easier for players to pick up further pieces of a whole legendary than it is just to rank higher on an event or pull a pack and grab as much extra honor as is available tbh.
  • Options
    Hi @Shan & DB,

I would always look to place in the top 100 and push for a top 75 or even top 50. My best is 27th. The time and resources needed to achieve this are high. Over time the rewards for finishing 76th to 1000th have converged to such an extent that now the difference is 2x rare pulls, 100 merits and some 5* trainers. Yet the effort needed to finish just in the top 1000 is much less.

I no longer see the justification for my time and resources trying to get in the top 75 and just missing out. I might as well play within myself and just get into the top 1000 to get the 5* character and the 3x rare pulls there is no incentive anymore to place 900 places higher and only get 2 extra rare rewards.

Numerous times you have been asked to change the distribution of the event rewards yet the focus is always towards the top 25 rather than the top 1000 or the top 3000.

There is similar disparity with the Squad rewards where Replication rations and credits can be easily earned from voyages.

Regards V'ger

@shan So I finished just outside the top 200, and saved up 95x 3* timers and didn't need to set an alarm to prompt me to send shuttles religiously every 3hrs for 4 days. Even with your new change of offering next weeks 5* crewmember I would easily get them even if the change drops me over 700 places. Yet for me all I would lose is a few trainers and merits that I do not need.

What the change has made me aware of is that how silly I was to put in so much time effort and resources in placing 100 or slightly more higher for little or no extra reward.

A more comprehensive restructure needs to be thought through to make me invest my previous levels of commitment

Honor
    Crew slots
    Higher Threshold rewards
    Greater rewards in narrower bands

This also needs to apply to squad ranking and why not Fleet rankings too?

Regards V'ger
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the only change that would be of any interest to me is expanding the legendary well past top 1000.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."