Home The Bridge

£8.99 Ready to Rumble offer missed opportunity

Hi DB,

Why offer Klaa?

If it was Pugilist Q I would've purchased the offer so that he was fully equipped ready for Thursday's Faction event. Klaa is a repeated character that I already have. Tomorrow I will get to 3000 points within the 1st hour and then level him up to 100, & to get the 4th star now I will use 18k honor instead of purchasing a £8.99 pack. Also as I no longer will be pushing for a top 75 finish I will not be purchasing the bonus packs tomorrow.

So DB have lost £19 from me this week.

Regards V'ger

Comments

• The $10 and $25 offers will be flipped on Friday when the current ones expire 48 hours from the time they were originally offered.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Hi DB,

Why offer Klaa?

If it was Pugilist Q I would've purchased the offer so that he was fully equipped ready for Thursday's Faction event. Klaa is a repeated character that I already have. Tomorrow I will get to 3000 points within the 1st hour and then level him up to 100, & to get the 4th star now I will use 18k honor instead of purchasing a £8.99 pack. Also as I no longer will be pushing for a top 75 finish I will not be purchasing the bonus packs tomorrow.

Regards V'ger

Pretty sure q will be in the 9.99 pack Friday at noon eastern. For most spenders who go beyond a monthly card I’d suggest I’d waiting until then and get him for that price rather than spending 18k honor.
  • [KM]Videm wrote: »
    The $10 and $25 offers will be flipped on Friday when the current ones expire 48 hours from the time they were originally offered.

Yes but by Friday I will already have Pugulist Q at 4/4* 3 from threshold rewards and 1 from 18k honor.

• WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    $24.99 USD deal has more event packs, gets you the new character in time to immortalize by event start. I often buy the threshhold character in a faction event on Friday when the offers flip and that 4th copy is $9.99 USD. Sometimes I get lucky with the pack and get the legendary in the deal, but usually just one of the super rares to convert to honor.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Hi DB,

Why offer Klaa?

Regards V'ger

Pretty sure q will be in the 9.99 pack Friday at noon eastern. For most spenders who go beyond a monthly card I’d suggest I’d waiting until then and get him for that price rather than spending 18k honor.

I get 18k in honor every month minimum sometimes every 2 weeks. So saving £8.99 is a better option.
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    I get 18k in honor every month minimum sometimes every 2 weeks. So saving £8.99 is a better option.

18k honor is more than 1/3 of a legendary citation, which is far more valuable for long-term crew development. Especially since with 2-3 legendaries released per week, STT is on its way to more legendaries than Super Rare crew. Why would you slow down your crew development spending it on super rares instead of legendaries? If the super rare is not a power creep monster (it sounds like this week's is not from other comments), I'd argue that airlock is a better choice than spending honor and freeze.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Hi DB,

Why offer Klaa?

Regards V'ger

Several spenders (or really anyone who ever buys a dyc) would gladly buy 54k honor for $30. With that 54k honor you get a legendary citation which should be with more than the star from a dyc offer.

• Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    18k honor + 100 D = $5

ta0dcdx5nav5.png
    18k honor + 100 D = $5

ta0dcdx5nav5.png

Would definitely like that offer again but haven’t seen it In a while and have used all the cites from it.