Home The Bridge
Options

Okay, show of hands?

Who thinks tuker on the ropes, a non canon character as i can remember, should have been replaced by a sparring reed (from when he and major hayes were pummeling each other) who is a canon character?

Okay, show of hands? 89 votes

Yes I do
65%
Warrior WilloizausomeChief Eud{DD}rickAviTrekCaptain_Who[KM]Videm[NDQ] Joker41NAM William T. RikerNad HalmiddleheadKaiteeJim RaynoreXo | SilverRose (retired)[SJ] Admiral AkiHungry Dog DDMLocutus_of_Borg_(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggeDrone_oneBeratis Kesla Redjac 58 votes
No I dont
17%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëSabine of AthensNeos472[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerSunshineRiker=GBP= BearDavey1983captain_yar[10F] Belle'Anna [DCC]FeuxlinrobownageZetterbeard Dirk GundersonSynthetic CommanderBylo Bandmuwoo 16 votes
Other
16%
Rocpilescruffy151Lady GaghgaghJim SteeleCaptain QPallidyne[Deleted User]TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Brian_47ZenthaneXCaptain RomarLegate Damar JoeSage2ProontCam Taliis 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm really only interested in Q for his mustache.
  • Options
    Yes I do
    We could have had his opponent, Boxing Sisko

Also a very good addition!!
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I do
    I don't really dislike Triprope, or non-canon ideas in general, but yeah, in this case I'd have preferred Reed. I like non-canons that are a bit more lore-based - not that there has to be a strong background to them (like, there was that wild west episode of TOS, therefore Gunslinger Uhura, that's good enough for me) but this just seems like they wanted someone boxing, and threw a dart at the character roster. It's not bad in any way, the art's fine, but there's no substance behind him.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated Reed. His fight with the Major just illustrated what a poor leader he was.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    No I dont
    Tucker on the Ropes is cool. I like the fact his engineering skill hasn't been surpassed by security. Reed would just be a sec/cmd/dip crew who wouldn't get the stats to be worth chasing.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Other
    Idk cause I don’t watch ent :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I dont
    Tucker on the Ropes is cool. I like the fact his engineering skill hasn't been surpassed by security. Reed would just be a sec/cmd/dip crew who wouldn't get the stats to be worth chasing.

EXACTLY! Exactly! Exactly. OK, I'll calm down now.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It’s a decent idea but you know DB won’t change it
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even worse, Reed would have no reason to have DIP

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Other
    I hate Tucker and Reed, so I really couldn't care less either way.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Yes I do
    I voted for Reed but surely the best option would have been to finally add Major Hayes?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes I do
    I hated Reed. His fight with the Major just illustrated what a poor leader he was.

That was a whole point of it, they weren't ready for the Xindi threat and they were a severe underdog.
  • Options
    Yes I do
    I voted for Reed but surely the best option would have been to finally add Major Hayes?

True true, i do want major hayes!
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I do
    Personally I wonder how a character who is so obviously losing a fight should be 5 star. I'd prefer Q to be 5 star, even if it meant I wouldn't get him.
  • Options
    Yes I do
    This "DB original" is horrible! Again, with sooooo many canon characters just waiting in the wings to be added, we get this crap.
    Ya DB, where is Major Hayes? Or even the "fighting Reed"?
  • Options
    Yes I do
    There are so many character variations available, I do not see why we have so many non-cannon characters. To be fair some are decent cards or interesting ideas, but I would always place cannon first.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I dont
    I ha e no quams about this non-canon Tucker. Art looks good.
  • Options
    No I dont
    as others have pointed out, the tucker choice means a much more useful skillset, which I'm in need of to improve eng/sec voyages. Canon does not matter to me much, especially for the worst ST show (imo).

• Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    No I dont
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And that would really $uck balls
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Yes I do
    in deed a chance to add Major Hayes
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »

That was a whole point of it, they weren't ready for the Xindi threat and they were a severe underdog.

A fair point. The first couple weeks after the attack the whole crew had to figure out if their enemy's name was spelled with a "Z" or an "X."
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I dont

After giving it some thought, SCI or ENG could be a valid third skill for Reed. He did help pioneer applied research on force fields, led the team that installed the phase cannons, and was in charge of repair efforts when tactical systems were damaged.

Bareknuckle Boxing Reed - 5*
    hbf3i12i78tk.jpeg

SEC/COM/ENG

Traits: Human, Starfleet, Duelist, Tactician
  • Options
    Yes I do

After giving it some thought, SCI or ENG could be a valid third skill for Reed. He did help pioneer applied research on force fields, led the team that installed the phase cannons, and was in charge of repair efforts when tactical systems were damaged.

Bareknuckle Boxing Reed - 5*
    hbf3i12i78tk.jpeg

SEC/COM/ENG

Traits: Human, Starfleet, Duelist, Tactician

Ya, this would have been my choice for the 5* card that ENT & Reed deserves.
    Excellent work Dirk!😎👍