Home Engineering Room
Options

Negative political ads appropriate?

[SJ] Yorkster[SJ] Yorkster ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Engineering Room
Without going into the specifics of the ad, I saw one from a UK political party and it just attacked a person from another party.

I appreciate that this is a conventional approach in the political world these day, but the negative approach doesn't feel right in this game. A positive political ad, from any party, I think is fine.

(Hopefully I'm not prising the kid off a can of worms in this post... Ha!)

Edit: clarified title

Comments

• Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I would personally prefer to keep political adverts out of the game entirely. For me a game is there to get away from that sort of stuff.

Just out of interest who was the advert for and who was it attacking. I have a guess but it would be interesting to see if I am right.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one from a UK political party and it just attacked a person from another party.

This describes most of UK politics!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one from a UK political party and it just attacked a person from another party.

This describes most of UK politics!

That describes most of politics. :smile: Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve gotten the same printed attack ad in the mail for the Wisconsin state governor’s race...attack ads have definitely moved well beyond television, that’s for sure.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can contact me by PM with more info on the ad so I can try to sort this out :)
    Also clicking on the little arrowlike blue icon would show the network for the ad, which would be very helpful too. Thank you!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I made a new centralized thread for ads, please post there in the future, thanks!