Home The Bridge

Busy morning opening Event packs!

Ok - I couldn't resist going for the 2x Tucker deal - his Engineering skills aren't too shabby, making him my #2 place Engineer now... What I wasn't expecting were the extras!

Well, here we go...

1st pack opened.
t2wkyd6ao8ff.jpg
Already had Klaa immortalised, so - honour...

Pack 2
skagptlw7tev.jpg
Nice! Here's Tucker!

Pack 3
93r881k2ykn9.jpg
1st Behold - took Crusher.
2ey4s6kzwhm3.jpg
And there's my 1st Q...

Pack 4
rhhy57waeh84.jpg
Sweet! Another Tucker!

Pack 5
trh4gxiu5bw8.jpg
Klaa again. And Klaa-ng went the airlock door...

Pack 6
dsqs48hp9oaa.jpg
Ahh, Mr Tucker. Right this way. Come join the others...

Pack 7
4x2v70tkec0q.jpg
Tucker again! Sometimes the placecard does this when I've had a few of the same..

Pack 8
wixyzsglwmri.jpg
1st Behold gave me the last Odo I needed - nice.
wg8r8gyaaaok.jpg
2nd Behold put a 3rd star on Janeway for me...
f4aaubolr9xc.jpg
And another Q.

Pack 9 - this one surprised me somewhat!
r4t9owmnzdpm.jpg
1st Behold was an extra star for Lily,
z46gbtdrw3t4.jpg
2nd Behold introduced Doc Crusher to the crew. (Might as well, I thought, as she's the monthly reward as well and Max Headroom, sorry... Rasmussen was heading for the door anyway.) Plus Doc Crusher is in the Cryo rewards as well...
yzfz96pd6rzo.jpg
And then the last two opened. TWO Legendary Event cards in one pack? Thank you RNGesus!

And finally, Pack 10...
e2vp2q262yiz.jpg
3rd Q plus honour...

So, just from the packs alone I had the first 2x Tuckers from the deal, then 6 dropped from packs. Laziness then kicked in and I DYC'd the deal to get my items up to Lvl 50...

So right this minute I have a Lvl 90 5/5 Black-eyed Tucker and a Lvl 40 Black-eyed Tucker at 4/5... Should make the event run a bit easier!

Comments

• Pretty good luck. I have had several 100 deals give me 0.
    Hope you keep up The good work. Can 5.5 the second one with some effort this weekend
  • I'm happy for you. but 125$ for just one and a half gold? I admit, i'm a little bit envy, but is it worth the money?
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • edited September 2018
    Wish I had $125 to blow like that! Mine has got to go to pay my electric. And I wouldn't for a non-canon.
    Better hurry so you can be the first to Immort.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Was it really worth $25 just to level Tucker to 50? I generally can level a 5* to 70-80 before even worrying about farming an item. Unless you plan on keeping those extra Tuckers, the $25 just for 0-50 items seems awfully expensive.
  • Two 5/5 gives him his #2 and #3 ENG, both over a thousand so not bad, just a little expensive. He will be able to fill a shuttle with just the main event crew if he wants, making him a force to be reckoned with.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    And where is the game play....
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, 100$ for a non cannon character and Tucker at that, whom I have no love for. Each to his own. I would rather spend the 100$ on something like a couple of X-box games.
    DB: Do Better
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pulls, grats. I prefer to read what people buy and what they got for it over the endless "too expensive this/mommy didn´t give me my pocket money yet that" postings which are the norm.

Also your money, your choice how to spend it. Some people blow 100s of bucks on a drinking weekend and the only thing they get for it is a kingsize hangover ;). For you it was worth it, RNG was on your side as well, so grats again.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I would rather spend the 100$ on something like a couple of X-box games.

Psssst, this is the STT and not the Xbox rebate games forum Jimbo. Maybe you mixed that up. Don´t thank me, my pleasure to help ;)

• Nice pulls, grats. I prefer to read what people buy and what they got for it over the endless "too expensive this/mommy didn´t give me my pocket money yet that" postings which are the norm.

Also your money, your choice how to spend it. Some people blow 100s of bucks on a drinking weekend and the only thing they get for it is a kingsize hangover ;). For you it was worth it, RNG was on your side as well, so grats again.

WOW do I disagree with this statement. Spending $100 on a night (or two) out, you have a chance to add a great memory to your life, and enjoy some social development. 20 years from now or even on your deathbed, are the odds better you'll remember a great night/weekend with friends, or that time you got a bunch of Boxer Tuckers in a mobile game using tech that may not exist anymore?

Now imagine he buys $100 packs 5 more times instead of socializing, and no longer has those friends. Of course it's his money, but let's not pretend the two activities you compared have the same likelihood of long term fulfillment.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pulls, grats. I prefer to read what people buy and what they got for it over the endless "too expensive this/mommy didn´t give me my pocket money yet that" postings which are the norm.

WOW do I disagree with this statement. Spending $100 on a night (or two) out, you have a chance to add a great memory to your life, and enjoy some social development. 20 years from now or even on your deathbed, are the odds better you'll remember a great night/weekend with friends, or that time you got a bunch of Boxer Tuckers in a mobile game using tech that may not exist anymore?

Now imagine he buys $100 packs 5 more times instead of socializing, and no longer has those friends. Of course it's his money, but let's not pretend the two activities you compared have the same likelihood of long term fulfillment.

A drinking weekend would not necessarily have memories unless someone took photos... lol.
    Blotto!
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

A drinking weekend would not necessarily have memories unless someone took photos... lol.
    Blotto!

I play STT completely blind drunk as it’s the only way to sanely grind through skirmish events. It also illustrates how little thought and skill this game takes. This is not an “either or” situation, open your packs and a bottle of wine and the same time.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the sweet pulls. I like these shares that show what people get in their pulls. Amazing you got two tuckers in one pull.
    Let’s fly!
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    This was a fun read. :)
    As I will never be able to purchase like that it's cool to live vicariously through someone who can.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB yells Cha-Ching, baby!
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Synthetic Commander, you make a great point of the memories we create are what matter in real life. Hundreds of dollars is pocket money, ha, ha, ha that’s a good one, who would have thought Kanye played Timelines. Can’t really get much more shallow or over entitled than that statement.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • I thought I would chase ev suit 7 of 9 but after three feezal phloxs in a row?? I didnt buy anymore dilithium. I bought a single with spare dilithium and got MDMSE Neuf! Even better! I got out while the getting was good!

So the next day I was sure I was about to hit a slump and only bought $24.99 event package....and my oh my! Two tuckers, DEFENSIVE PHLOX FINALLY!!, put a star on gangster kirk, and fully fused new Q. Best money I've ever spent in the game!! Glad to hear the legendaries are flowing freely this week!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good on ya, Bear. You sound like an awesome person (as well as being a fan of my favorite band), so LLAP.
  • @=GBP= Bear Thank you for sharing your story and sorry that you felt it was necessary to do so. I hope your last line won't actually be the result of this thread as I believe everyone should be free to do as they wish as long as it is not harming anyone and, although I am not a big spender and don't plan on being one anytime soon, I am one of those people that get a "high" from others winning, sharing their successes, etc. I know it sounds weird but it's true (you should see me when someone wins while I am watching a game show...hide the breakables :D ). Please do not let others here dictate what you do or want to share with the community as you never know what those that do not comment may get from your sharing. Do you! And forget about the haters. ;)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. Post whatever you want.
  • Wait... the friend you donated a kidney for bailed on you two weeks after the donation?
  • Nice pulls, grats. I prefer to read what people buy and what they got for it over the endless "too expensive this/mommy didn´t give me my pocket money yet that" postings which are the norm.

I remember spending $500 one night. I won't forget it but I will always regret it.

Sincerely,

Belle
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Never met Bear in real life but I am proud to be his friend.
  • =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Wait... the friend you donated a kidney for bailed on you two weeks after the donation?

Not in the way most people thought... his wife stopped taking her prescribed anti-depressants 2 weeks before the surgery and lost the plot. I'd been living with them for about 2 yrs as I was also one of his carers. While we were in recovery, she'd pretty much decided she wanted me gone.

He has some, erm, "interesting" medically induced mental control issues as a result of his anti-rejection drugs and she pushed all his "trigger" buttons one morning, told him some carefully prepared lies and let him loose. My best friend of 10 yrs kicked the door to my room in and the rest is, well, history.

I slept in the woods that night and was taken to hospital by the police the following morning. Not an experience I'd care to repeat.

But for the time being, right now I'm trying to get over some of the emotional damage with some good old fashioned retail therapy. It's true when they say you can't tell the future - this time last year seems so far away now... I still have the nightmares and flashbacks and no doubt will continue to do so for some time to come, but the brief little bursts of pleasure I get from playing this game, particularly in the interactions with my awesome fleet buddies, help to keep me sane.

If some of the people on this forum can't process this attempt to rationalise, not justify my little moments of fiscal fun, then all I can suggest is that you just let it flow past you, zen-like... I don't play the game to win all the toys - I play because it's a tonic for my soul.

I don't know what to say. That's pretty heavy. I understand why you play that way, I guess one of the reasons I play a lot is also because it has helped me overcome trauma. I get it, totally. And I wish you well. Life can be a real trial sometimes even for the best of us, and I know personally that you can do the right thing every time and still get hit by a steamroller that totally screws you up. I want to cry for you right now, but I've got to make a decision and I need to eat. That makes sense, right?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear, you rock. Keep doing you, buddy, and keep sharing those pull results. B) It's funny how a virtual community can sometimes come to have as much value as it does in our lives. I used to think that was a bit weird, but not as much as time goes on. Cheers, all.