Home Make It So!
Options

SUGGESTION: 8H+ VOYAGE DILEMMA REWARDS NEEDS CHANGE.

I understand everything is RNG. I don't care about that. I don't care about 4* drops.

This is my frustration:

It requires dilithium at this point to reach the 8H mark. If we are spending a resource that requires actual money to obtain, it is unacceptable that we are getting 2* Crew at the 8 Hour dilemma and up.

I'm fine with RNG causing me to get a 2* Crew through 6 hours, but as soon as players spend dilithium to get past a wall that the majority of players (If not all) can not get past without dilithium, then the dilemma prizes should scale past that point and we should be guaranteed a nominal increase in chrons, honor, or 3* crew at a minimum.

4* drops can stay where they are for all I care, but we should NOT be getting a 2 HOUR REWARD at dilemmas after crossing a threshold that costs money for the vast majority of players.

It does not need to be excessive or unreasonable. Make it 40 chrons, 40 honor, and a 3* crew, or at least a guaranteed 3* item drop, anything other than a 2 Hour dilemma reward.

For me, nothing is as frustrating as finishing a 10 hour voyage and leaving with only 2* Crew from dilemmas and if i had to pay dilithium twice to get to that point, RNG is not an excuse or a justification for that result.

(I made a similar rant on reddit, but I want to make sure DB sees)

Comments

• Options
    I understand the issue you raise, but you're looking at it in a crew-centric view. I look at it as being able to repeatedly pay 80 dilithium each Voyage (2x a day) for an extra 200-300 chrons per Voyage, versus 150 dilithium for 150 chrons on M/W/F cadet missions. If I revive a second time for about 105-110 dilithium, it adds another 300 chrons. Essentially, it's a large trickle of cost-effective chrons spread over an 8-10 hour voyage. I hardly have less than my max chrons for the norml 6min/chron refill timer. I'm usually saving chrons for event crew or events. Everything else that drops is just icing on the cake (trainers, rations, honor, credits, 2* components, and crew). 2*/3* crew are extra honor airlock fodder. 4* crew are nice, but not expected at all. For me, 30 of the 55 4* crew (over 49 voyages) have been helpful, but can be airlock fodder for most long-term players as it's older 4* crew or from the "common pull" list. There is nothing new about the 4* crew I've received.

As far as paying for dil, I buy the monthly card for $3.99 for 3,000 dil over the month which gets me through with 1 revive per voyage. I have also reached 2 achievement goals of 175 and 200 immortalized crew which has netted me an additional 1500 dilithium over the last month. I'd rather have the [almost] guaranteed 30/30/2* crew Dilemma, rather than a higher level Dilemma that has a higher chance of getting a 3*/4* component instead of 60/50/3* or 100/75/4*.