Home Make It So!
Options

Warp Speed

Have options for 1 and 10. Would having option to pick what warp you want work? Sometimes I don't want 10 but 1 isn't enough so having ability to pick which warp you want be ideal?

Comments

• Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    If you don't want ten and you wanted to do it 7 times you'd probably have to hit an up arrow 6 times to get you to seven and then hit warp. That's seven taps. Or you could just tap Warp 1 seven times. I'm not sure how having another option to pick would save any time.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could do it where you hit a warp button and it opens up a menu with the warp options. Then it would only be 2 clicks. The warp button that opens the menu could be located between the warp 1 and warp 10 buttons so you wouldn't need 2 clicks to warp 1 or warp 10.
  • Options
    I think that 10 different warp buttons or a menu may be too confusing or time-wasting, but adding a warp 5 button could be a good idea.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this idea came up many months ago, I suggested using a slider. Click/tap a button to bring up the slider and choose your warp speed — with the idea being that it would remember the next time what you chose and default to that.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"