Home Ready Room
Options

What requires leveling and fusing and what doesn't?

I saw somewhere that in gauntlet if your crew is fully equipped then he's maxed out for gauntlet even if he's not fully fused. I'm wondering about voyages and shuttles. To get the max stats for voyages do you need to be both fully fused and fully equipped? On shuttles does it matter one way or the other if you are FF or FE?

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuttles are based on a crew's base stats so FF/FE is the best.

Voyages are based on a crew's base plus the average of their rolls so again FF/FE is the best.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Shuttles are based on a crew's base stats so FF/FE is the best.

Voyages are based on a crew's base plus the average of their rolls so again FF/FE is the best.

Thanks. It's confusing where those numbers come from so I appreciate the explanation.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    To throw in a little confusion ... :)

I know of players who level their crew to 100 but do not FE them ...
    - of the last four items, it may be the case that not all contribute to proficiency or base stats.

Example
    Captain Klaa
    - his level 93 (4* Mek'leth) and 96 (4* Klingon Warnog) items do not contribute to either base or proficiency stats ... they only boost ship abilities.
    If you wanted to get the best use out of him on either a Voyage or Shuttle, you do not necessarily need to equip those two items.

So, for example, if you were levelling him up for his recent Faction event you could skip those two items and focus on other crew to level. Then when the event is over you can return to them when you have more time (they need you to run KCA shuttles for components) and complete them to FE/immortalise him (and freeze him, if need be).
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    To throw in a little confusion ... :)

I know of players who level their crew to 100 but do not FE them ...
    - of the last four items, it may be the case that not all contribute to proficiency or base stats.

Example
    Captain Klaa
    - his level 93 (4* Mek'leth) and 96 (4* Klingon Warnog) items do not contribute to either base or proficiency stats ... they only boost ship abilities.
    If you wanted to get the best use out of him on either a Voyage or Shuttle, you do not necessarily need to equip those two items.

So, for example, if you were levelling him up for his recent Faction event you could skip those two items and focus on other crew to level. Then when the event is over you can return to them when you have more time (they need you to run KCA shuttles for components) and complete them to FE/immortalise him (and freeze him, if need be).

I appreciate the insight.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    @Peachtree Rex Thank you! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
  • Options
    What aspects are affected by
    A character's base ability scores are influenced by its level, equipment, and fusions.

A character's ability proficiency scores are only influenced by its equipment.

A character's ship abilities are influenced by its equipment and fusions.

What different things care about
    Shuttles care about base abilities.

Gauntlet cares about proficiencies.

Voyages care about base abilities AND proficiencies.

Galaxy events care about base abilities.

Arenas/Skirmishes care about ship abilities

Away missions care about base abilities AND proficiencies

Conclusion
    The more "complete" you can make your character, the stronger it will be. If you have a character exclusively for the gauntlet, there's no reason to put resources into fusing them. For any other aspect of the game, fusing the character will make them stronger.

Leveling/Equipping will always make them stronger regardless of which aspect of the game you're looking at.

Yes, indeed. Excellent answer P Rex! It succinctly explains it very well.