Home Make It So!
Options

Lock a Starbase Room

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Asking to be able to put a Crewman Daniels type lock on starbase rooms to prevent people from detracting from the fleets room goals

Comments

• Options
    I second this. Someone in my fleet is threw holoemitters into the Dynamic Reclamation Unit while we desperately need those for almost every other room. Thankfully it seems like they just threw a few in and then stopped, but being able to prevent this would be really helpful.
  • Options
    We have simpletons in our fleet too that do this.

The debate over whether levelling the Transporter Room is a good idea or not is still ongoing and someone keeps donating to it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this. Someone in my fleet is threw holoemitters into the Dynamic Reclamation Unit while we desperately need those for almost every other room. Thankfully it seems like they just threw a few in and then stopped, but being able to prevent this would be really helpful.

The exact reason I made this thread. Whoever it is won’t stop, even though we made it our message of the day
  • Options
    Such a lock would be very helpful.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a lock would be very helpful.

Whatever Zombie Squirrel says, I agree. ;)

Seriously, though, it would make a lot of sense for fleet leadership to be able to do this.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I 100% agree with this. While I like the addition of the reclamation rooms for max starbases etc (which we are not) it has created the problem above.

We have spent so much time trying to get the message to our fleet members to please not donate to the reclamation room, but we still have a couple people who continue to do it. 2/50 isn't terrible, but when holos are donated to the reclamation room it gets super frustrating.

And without the tools to know who is doing it or to be able to lock the room it's going to keep happening as there is nothing to do to stop it.

Please, please, please allow us to lock rooms so they cannot be donated to.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree as well. Fortunately, we only have seven holoemitters in the DRU but that’s a drop in the bucket compared to the 15,000 holoemitters scattered across all rooms that could have us only 5,000 away from completing the next level of Mess Hall.
  • Options
    I would love to have this option.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

The exact reason I made this thread. Whoever it is won’t stop, even though we made it our message of the day

I was thinking there should be a "log" or summary of daily donations, how much, by who, to where .. available ONLY to the fleet admiral ... kind of an audit log for review ... use how you will :)

but yeah, a lock would be best ... ;)
  • Options
    I sent a ticket requesting this feature as well. I really hope DB is able to add this as, with each passing day, more valuable resources are being donated to the reclamation rooms. Sure, it's still only 1 or 2 people for us, but over time that will add up.
  • Options
    This does seem like a simple, logical option that would be a significant quality-of-life improvement to help focus fleet goals. Recommendations are great and very helpful, but being able to prevent accidental donations outright would be wonderful.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please and please again....this is a simple fix that is needed.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmyS66 wrote: »
    I sent a ticket requesting this feature as well. I really hope DB is able to add this as, with each passing day, more valuable resources are being donated to the reclamation rooms. Sure, it's still only 1 or 2 people for us, but over time that will add up.

Same with us and yes, it does build up. We could have finished another room with the components this unknown person tossed down the chute

• Options
    Bump, this is really needed, please put it on the list! FADM should be able to define not recommend which rooms parts may go to. :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    100% agree Nomad. My fleet continues to have a couple people donate to the reclamation rooms and it is such a waste. And as mentioned above, it is especially frustrating to see Holoemitters get donated to that room again and again.

I did get a reply from CS and they advised the feature request was updated on the list to review which is done a couple times a month. I'm not sure how many people have submitted this as a feature request, but it might not hurt for others to submit the request as well. Maybe the more people who ask for the feature the more likely it will be added???
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

We've had the exact same issue. This would be a great enhancement. At the very least, it would be nice if the Dynamic Reclamation Units didn't become active unless every other Starbase room was already upgraded fully
  • Options

We've had the exact same issue. This would be a great enhancement. At the very least, it would be nice if the Dynamic Reclamation Units didn't become active unless every other Starbase room was already upgraded fully

I don’t know about that last part. My fleet can’t be the only one that wouldn’t be able to get any daily donation rewards if we didn’t have a place to dump nanopolymers and tritanium while saving up on holoemitters.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know about that last part. My fleet can’t be the only one that wouldn’t be able to get any daily donation rewards if we didn’t have a place to dump nanopolymers and tritanium while saving up on holoemitters.

Same here.
  • Options
    I agree or let the admiral be able to move stuff from one room to another so able to put right what once went wrong
  • Options
    That would work as well Waylander. We had another 400 Holoemitters donated to the reclamator in the last 7 hours...so frustrating
  • Options
    I agree or let the admiral be able to move stuff from one room to another so able to put right what once went wrong

That is a fantastic idea!
  • Options
    Another concern now is, with it being a skirmish event this weekend, I expect a whole lot more Holoemitters being donated over the upcoming week or so, depening on how active the player(s) are and how many holos they can stockpile
  • Options
    yes pleeeeeease!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Asking to be able to put a Crewman Daniels type lock on starbase rooms to prevent people from detracting from the fleets room goals

I don’t get what you’re trying say here. Can you elaborate please?
  • Options
    He is suggesting that an admiral can restrict//stop people from being able to donate to certain rooms so that people can only donate to rooms that the fleet wants to improve.
  • Options
    Keeping this on the radar! Please please please :heart:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    He is suggesting that an admiral can restrict//stop people from being able to donate to certain rooms so that people can only donate to rooms that the fleet wants to improve.

So, if a certain person wants donate to a Transporter room only, they can do this, while others can't?
  • Options

So, if a certain person wants to a Transporter room only, they can do this, while others can't?

It would be fleet-wide, to block all donations to a room that does not need them because there are people out there who are not very good at communication or reading directions.

I would actually go so far as to block donations of a specific material on a room-by-room basis. Example:

x7plf3wxrb52.png

The armory was the last room we completed. After leveling was finished, we left it as a recommended room so fleet members could easily dump tritanium and nanopolymers while we donate holoemitters to the promenade. However, one or more people have been donating holoemitters to the armory instead...I would like to keep fleet members from donating holoemitters to any room except the promenade so that we can finish it and move on. I am sure many would agree that this is necessary for the dynamic reclamation unit as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

So, if a certain person wants to a Transporter room only, they can do this, while others can't?

It would be fleet-wide, to block all donations to a room that does not need them because there are people out there who are not very good at communication or reading directions.

I would actually go so far as to block donations of a specific material on a room-by-room basis. Example:

The armory was the last room we completed. After leveling was finished, we left it as a recommended room so fleet members could easily dump tritanium and nanopolymers while we donate holoemitters to the promenade. However, one or more people have been donating holoemitters to the armory instead...I would like to keep fleet members from donating holoemitters to any room except the promenade so that we can finish it and move on. I am sure many would agree that this is necessary for the dynamic reclamation unit as well.

Thank you Dirk. Now I understand.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m saying put locks on rooms. Yes, lock people out of dumping things into the transporter room.