Home Ready Room
Options

More Honor Advice

I have 50K, pretty much just deciding based on Voyages. I can get to 8 hours most of the time with Command, Dip, Medical, Security being the gold/silver stats. Haven't gotten close to 10 hours yet.

If I take a 10 for $10 deal every once in a while, I'm usually right at 50K for mega-events. Not citing Minuet.

I don't really feel like saving for Bev Picard.

In the abstract, is it better to cite the best overall, help your worst stats, or something in between? Alternatively, should I go for more consistently getting to 8 hours regardless of skills, or going for 10 hours?

Best available to cite:
Prisoner Cornwell (from 4 to 5). I already have a 4/5 Riots Bashir, 1/5 Hugh Culber who gets used somehow, 2/5 Mirror Crusher, Mirror Phlox, 2/5 Mirror Troi, 2/5 Mobile Doctor, and 1/5 Crell Moset.

Helping my worst stats:
Caretaker/Tempted Data/Phoenix Cochrane (both currently 2/5)

Alternate Future Jadzia Dax/Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax (both 3/5)
If we want to go sentimental: I feel proud to have gotten top 15 to get a couple Alternate Daxs and I've cited her already.

Only because she's 4/5: Arachnia Janeway. I have a lot of dip personnel I could start working on (all 1/5 Dancing Chekov, Romulan Picard, Zhian'tara Odo, Tux Nog. And 5/5 Borg Queen/Int Kira/Obsidian Order Garak

High potential but 1/5 and 3 stats I have a lot of: Kahless

One more high potential: Locutus of Borg (currently 1/5, know I'm eventually getting a 2nd copy thanks to achievements)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just quickly mention — speaking as someone who never goes less than 8 hours — that Katrina Cornwell makes it on most of my Voyages.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Personally, for my game style its all about voyages. I can make 8hrs now 99% of the time and, luck willing this has netted me a few purples I dont have, the rest goes in the honor pile.

That bearing in mind, I tend to citate good voyage crew. I am also holding back getting them to 5/5* if i know that they are in the loot table as odds are, I will start getting FF beholds at some point.

Riots Bashir is a better Med than mobile doc now, I have them both at 5/5 and Cornwell is also pretty decent and finds her way on most of my voyages. I would probably Rank Bashir above her though as he is a main cast crew and hence is likely to feature again at some point.

Culber is also a good shout as the best MED in-game though
    he probably wont make many events as they killed him

Caretaker I would resist against as you may add extra stars to him, until the point he gets swopped out of the gauntlet.

Dax is also a good shout as shes a main cast crew, I think Alternate future Dax has the better skills.

I would avoid Arichniana, her event is bound to get a repeat and you might get her from a pull in the mean time.

Zhintara Odo could also be a good candidate, second best DIP in game behind Prof Sato and counts as a Dax.

A few options there, I hope I helped.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Culber is also a good shout as the best MED in-game though
    he probably wont make many events as they killed him

FYI — (Star Trek: Discovery spoiler ahead)...
    He's scheduled to return to the show in season 2. They haven't said how, but the producers and the actor have both confirmed it.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Here are the voyage rankings of the characters you mentioned:

622cgp5jdfk2.png

From your post, it sounds like Engineering and Science are your weakest points. Of your top options (i.e., with top 50 ranks), Caretaker and Locutus are the only ones that even have those skills.

I would NOT cite caretaker. He is the current gauntlet reward for the foreseeable future, so it's always possible you will get additional copies.

That leaves Locutus. The biggest knock against him is SCI is his weakest skills. However, he still had a very solid Voyage score and makes it onto mine frequently.

EDIT: Long-term, Kahless is a pretty good option. I've actually had a bit lack of SEC in my voyages. Of the Top 50 voyage scores, only 4 actually have SEC as their primary stat (Gunslinger Uhura, Mirror Intendent Kira, Aviator Yar, Mirror Shukar). If CMD/SEC aren't holding you back now, then certainly wait on citing him. But, unless they start releasing more SEC-focused voyage crew, you'll probably want him eventually.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is perhaps one reason for citing the Caretaker (or Locutus) and that would be if you wish to have a duplicate for voyage score increase, I haven't looked into the stats boost this could give you but I should think having duplicates of the top 20 voyage scorers would be advantageous.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    @Peachtree Rex - where do you get that ranking list? I have some purples I want to freeze, but not sure which ones to have go.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acer wrote: »
    @Peachtree Rex - where do you get that ranking list? I have some purples I want to freeze, but not sure which ones to have go.

Take a look at the voyages tab on his spreadsheet

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/43/stt-level-100-spreadsheet/p1
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My citation philosophy has always been to shore up my weakest overall skill for voyages/shuttles. Early on, I boosted SCI by citing Yarnek from 1/5* and Surak from 4/5*. Then I worked on ENG, taking RAF Bashir from 1/5*, Mirror Cochrane from 1/5*, Protomorphosis Barclay from 3/5*, and Ru’afo from 4/5* (this also helped further improve my SCI skill). I lobbed a few citations at Arachnia Janeway to get her up from 3/5* to help my DIP skill (and managed to get a single star on Prof. Sato) and now am working on Klingon Janeway to improve SEC. Once Klingon Janeway is FF I am not sure where I will go next. Possibly Warship Tuvok to continue helping bolster my SEC skill or Professor Sato because her DIP skill is nuts.

The end result of all of these improvements is that I went from only reliably getting 8 hour voyages on MED/DIP or COM/DIP (thanks to having Crell Moset, Bell Riots Bashir, Prisoner Cornwell, AoS Crusher, the Borg Queen, Mirror Picard, Mirror Kirk, T’Kuvma, and Grand Nagus Rom immortalized) I am now actually getting longer voyages with ENG or SCI (and especially both).
  • Options
    Captain NelsonCaptain Nelson ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Then I worked on ENG, taking RAF Bashir from 1/5*.....

I'm sure you meant RAF O'Brien - he's got the ENG trait. RAF Bashir has only MED & SEC traits and is a 4* character.

And nice work on your characters btw. A well-thought out plan that you were able to successfully implement and maximize potential. Well done!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I worked on ENG, taking RAF Bashir from 1/5*.....

I'm sure you meant RAF O'Brien - he's got the ENG trait. RAF Bashir has only MED & SEC traits and is a 4* character.

And nice work on your characters btw. A well-thought out plan that you were able to successfully implement and maximize potential. Well done!

You are correct...brain fart on my part. RAF Bashir lives in the freezer except for events where he is a bonus crew.

And thanks! It’s been a grind most of the time, especially now that I have decided to stop rewarding DB for their endless string of failures with continued purchases. A game that is as complex as this one really requires planning and coordination for long-term success.