Home The Bridge
Options

All I want for Christmas is...

It's not free chronitons..

It's not free 10 pull..

It's not free crew slots..

It's not 1000 honor..

It's not free super-duper legendary, not even if we get 5 copies of it..

It's not 100 dilithium gift either..

It's...

The ability to warp cadet challenges!

Dear DB, isn't it a time, at the third anniversary of the game, that we finally get this small but very useful feature?

Pretty please..

With sugar on top.....

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    You can hit "warp 1" and still double it.

Exactly. We don't even need warp10 there, warp 1 will be just enough ;)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, now that you can double the value of the cadet missions by doing them every hour, warping them would be less valuable.

The reason to ask about warp has nothing to do with time. People want to freeze their 2*/3* crew. As long as we can warp 1, then we can freeze the crew and warp once every hour.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or allow us to do the cadets without waiting. Sometimes I want to do em quick and be done. Especially since the ad doubling often freezes for me so I dont get double rewards.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    However, now that you can double the value of the cadet missions by doing them every hour, warping them would be less valuable.

The reason to ask about warp has nothing to do with time. People want to freeze their 2*/3* crew. As long as we can warp 1, then we can freeze the crew and warp once every hour.

A good point I didn't realize. It should have been obvious.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that rolls their eyes at the cadet challenges.
  • Options
    +1 here, here! I hate playing the same missions every week, I would still spring DYC to get the extra missions to get more chrons, shuttle boosts, etc..
    But yes, this would free up an average of 15 slots in crew quarters so we could buy more packs DB! Think about it!
    Freed up slots = increased pack sales to fill some of those slots.
    You could even make a rule that you have to be Capt. Lvl 50 and above to do warp after clearing all missions of course. But if you haven't cleared them buy the time your at 50, then something's wrong.
    Excellent idea Dave. Why nobody mention this before? I would've but thought it was just part of the game since you do get "freebies".

I was level 72 before i finally decided (and proceeded to actually do it) to clear all the missions in the game....so are you saying im a bad captain? (In all honesty im indulging my inner troll :trollface::tongue:, its rare, but if i dont let it out on occasions...the results would be catastrophic)
  • Options
    For Q's sake. PLEASE GIVE US THIS FEATURE!!!
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    +1 here, here! I hate playing the same missions every week, I would still spring DYC to get the extra missions to get more chrons, shuttle boosts, etc..
    But yes, this would free up an average of 15 slots in crew quarters so we could buy more packs DB! Think about it!
    Freed up slots = increased pack sales to fill some of those slots.
    You could even make a rule that you have to be Capt. Lvl 50 and above to do warp after clearing all missions of course. But if you haven't cleared them buy the time your at 50, then something's wrong.
    Excellent idea Dave. Why nobody mention this before? I would've but thought it was just part of the game since you do get "freebies".

I was level 72 before i finally decided (and proceeded to actually do it) to clear all the missions in the game....so are you saying im a bad captain? (In all honesty im indulging my inner troll :trollface::tongue:, its rare, but if i dont let it out on occasions...the results would be catastrophic)

I was pretty much the same way. I had all the farming missions done I needed to just warp them. At some point after a voyage ended, I just decided to go for it and finish the rest off.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    i want an expedition for christmas again.

Your head is messed up.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the worst. All those days with clicking plus db gave us extra tickets so all our hands fell off from clicking.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I want an expedition in general. I've never played one. They were before my time.
  • Options

Thanks for the laugh. You've made a pretty poor start to the evening perk up a bit. Cheers o:)o:)o:)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

I want an expedition in general. I've never played one. They were before my time.

The first event I really felt I was strong enough to make a dent in was apparently the last ever Expedition. I had only been playing about a month at that point and really had no idea what I was doing, but I gave it shot. I had garbage crew at that point meaning I didn't have too much going, and even then it took me several hours of plugging away before I ran out of tickets. I can only imagine the hell the veteran players went through.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i'd take that free 10x pull over this feature any day of the week, it's not like clicking stuff for 30s is a big deal for me.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/-K7fCQlUhj0

Sorry, man, it had to be done.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be great, the cadet challenges are tedious xD
  • Options
    While I don't disagree, I would happily continue non-warping my dailies if one of the three chroniton days were something else. For instance, the Friday could be an early start to the weekend by changing it to 3* and giving us honor instead if chronitons.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    While I don't disagree, I would happily continue non-warping my dailies if one of the three chroniton days were something else. For instance, the Friday could be an early start to the weekend by changing it to 3* and giving us honor instead if chronitons.

Yes. We don’t need trainers or rations any more. Make one of those honor day and the other merit day. Edited the end part out. That’s two brain farts today.

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yes. We don’t need trainers or rations any more. Make one of those honor day and the other merit day. Edited the end part out. That’s two brain farts today.

Agreed on trainers... however the problem (for me) with the rations isn't that they're rations, it's that the effort it takes to get them isn't worth the amount they give. I could always use a few extra rations, but doing six missions to get six 4* is not worth the time.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ByloBand wrote: »
    The first event I really felt I was strong enough to make a dent in was apparently the last ever Expedition. I had only been playing about a month at that point and really had no idea what I was doing, but I gave it shot. I had garbage crew at that point meaning I didn't have too much going, and even then it took me several hours of plugging away before I ran out of tickets. I can only imagine the hell the veteran players went through.

It's not as bad on the veterans, they can unlock all the missions on the first go in 25 or 30 minutes. The second run takes like 20 to figure out where to use your crew. Then it's 10-15 minutes to finish a ticket once you've learned who goes where. The worst part is sorting through all the crew to do the nodes, since the tired crew that can still pass nodes easily start slipping to the bottom. Let me favorite crew for expeditions, and I can finish a ticket in 5 minutes.
  • Options

I second this! Perhaps a Skirmish/Expedition Hybrid!!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not want an expedition for Christmas, but if it should happen... I still have the extra 6 tickets they sent out from the Mirror Bev event. I have no idea if they are still usable, but if they are, and if I have lots of hours to kill, then I'm ready!

But seriously, I don't really want an expedition again. The first one I did was fun (Merry Man Worf) though I was too new to rank too well (just over 3000th, my best finish at that point) so it was really just a puzzle to figure out how to play. By the time my second one came around, I was a far more competitive player - and ironically that seemed to be what made expeditions less fun for me, since now I felt the pressure to hit every node and use optimal crew for every mission and maximize every point. It just became a chore.