Home The Bridge
Options

Thinking of doing a 36 dilemma Voyage to get all characters? Don't! Here is why.

edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Ok. just deleted. Basically I got to 2 days 20 hours and needed to revive my voyage. It got stuck due to a bug. It cost a shed load of money! A Higher Duty Part 3 would have been one of the next dilemmas and I had completed the path to get McCoy. DB will not give me McCoy or account for the dilithium I've spent. This has happened to me twice over a six month period. Don't try and get all 36 dilemmas because if you hit a bug which I have both times I've tried DB will not be sympathetic and sort you out.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    a
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to want to remove the verbatim copy/paste of your Customer Service emails — it's a community guidelines violation to post those here on the forum.

As for the gist of it, I doubt you'll get any further with CS on that — the wiki is a player-created resource, and thus is not "official" in any way. DB has never stated there is a guarantee of any dilemmas or specific paths or specific rewards. If a Voyage gets stuck (as it has with quite a few people, including myself), they'll give you some Dilithium back, but as they say, they don't guarantee any crew drops, so they won't provide you with crew that you would have/might have gotten, had you continued the Voyage. Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but that's the way that particular cookie crumbles, alas.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Hi Data1001,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's basically the gist of what they said. You and I know however, that in all likelihood if you did 36 dilemmas with the correct paths then you would expect all characters to drop (guarantees or not). It's worked every time for me on all dilemmas with the exception of A Higher Duty Part 3, which due to a bug I've been incapable of reaching both times. There are a lot of people playing the game who would expect that and I personally think that if I could have got to the end then I would have got McCoy. If we pay the dilithium to go all the way on the dilemmas then people have a right to know in advance that if they hit a bug then it's game over essentially and they also have the right to know that they're very likely to hit a bug. I never had that communique and it happened to me both times I tried. The fallout financially is huge, as you know. I really feel the word needs to be spread because I just don't want to see anyone else go through this

Cheers

Data1001 wrote: »
    You're going to want to remove the verbatim copy/paste of your Customer Service emails — it's a community guidelines violation to post those here on the forum.

As for the gist of it, I doubt you'll get any further with CS on that — the wiki is a player-created resource, and thus is not "official" in any way. DB has never stated there is a guarantee of any dilemmas or specific paths or specific rewards. If a Voyage gets stuck (as it has with quite a few people, including myself), they'll give you some Dilithium back, but as they say, they don't guarantee any crew drops, so they won't provide you with crew that you would have/might have gotten, had you continued the Voyage. Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but that's the way that particular cookie crumbles, alas.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's Data playing a violin for you. n4wispqwk98a.gif

In all serious though, this game needs a 'buyer beware' caveat. I have kind of given up trying to get McCoy or Picard.

So much depends on RNG, and since the voyage nerf I have not been extending my voyages.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »

In all serious though, this game needs a 'buyer beware' caveat. I have kind of given up trying to get McCoy or Picard.

So much depends on RNG, and since the voyage nerf I have not been extending my voyages.

Haha. Brilliant, love the violin.

Yes, @Shan, I think this is a real issue and such an expensive and painful fallout that this needs to be addressed. I've committed a huge amount of money into this game, but right now I feel like walking. I'm sure I'm not alone and I would like to see some sort of address to everyone on this issue either as a warning or proper compensation, rather than a 'tough luck, but thanks for all your money and we're going to keep it' attitude. It does not reflect well on DB.
  • Options
    'tough luck, but thanks for all your money and we're going to keep it'

Pretty much sums up DB and explains why many of us don't bother giving them our hard earned anymore. Afterall the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results.
  • Options
    'tough luck, but thanks for all your money and we're going to keep it'

Pretty much sums up DB and explains why many of us don't bother giving them our hard earned anymore. Afterall the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results.

My first mistake, was to assume that after six months they had fixed this bug. Wrong! My second mistake was to put my faith in DB to do the right thing. No offer of McCoy, no offer of a refund of either my money or dilithium. Frankly, it's short-sighted of DB, since they could have made more money out of me in the long run if they'd just done the right thing. My trust in them is now gone.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I mean...i want ensign Picard...but to get worf and guinan took 48 hour voyages a piece and that isnt in my bank account atm...but i still choose the right options to get him because hey...there is that 1 in a trillion that i will get all 3 parts in one 8 hour voyage
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Guinan drop in an 8 hour voyage, so I can confirm that however unlikely, it is possible to get all 3 for one of the trickier crew early on.

To the OP, I feel badly for you to have to go through that, certainly drains the fun out of a gaming experience.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got worf when they put him in a pack accidently. And I got McCoy from a 22hr run. but yeah, quite a pain that they have no sympathy.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    I had the exact same thing happen while trying to chase Guinan after hitting her achievement. Voyage died on the last possible dilemma (froze) and they told me to recall to unstick it. No amount of explaining what I was after would make them budge on giving me the Guinan or refund me more than 200 dil. And leave it up to DB to add *additional* crew to those same nodes that are bugged. Absolute disconnect between what they do and what happens in game.

That is really disappointing to hear. The crazy thing is that they are totally incentivising playing for free. It's like rewarding loyalty with punishment. I would be so much happier now if I was playing for free with less characters. And from now on I will be.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I had the exact same thing happen while trying to chase Guinan after hitting her achievement. Voyage died on the last possible dilemma (froze) and they told me to recall to unstick it. No amount of explaining what I was after would make them budge on giving me the Guinan or refund me more than 200 dil. And leave it up to DB to add *additional* crew to those same nodes that are bugged. Absolute disconnect between what they do and what happens in game.

And this is what happens when you outsource support. I run into this all the time with the after hours team that covers my help desk.

I'm actually on the phone right now with one of our end users waiting to see if something works that could have been tried last night.

Helps when support understands the product they are supporting.

I helped one of my customers yesterday and she was so happy she said she was going to name her next child after me! I hope she sends me a picture of little Chaos...
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I helped one of my customers yesterday and she was so happy she said she was going to name her next child after me! I hope she sends me a picture of little Chaos...

Make your customers happy, and they'll come back. Insult and upset them, and they'll leave and keep everybody they can from becoming your customers.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Haha. Brilliant, love the violin.

Yes, @Shan, I think this is a real issue and such an expensive and painful fallout that this needs to be addressed. I've committed a huge amount of money into this game, but right now I feel like walking. I'm sure I'm not alone and I would like to see some sort of address to everyone on this issue either as a warning or proper compensation, rather than a 'tough luck, but thanks for all your money and we're going to keep it' attitude. It does not reflect well on DB.

The complication with this attitude is that DB applies it to those getting stuck while on the 10hr or 20hr voyage for achievements. And to be told there is no guarantee achievements designed into the game are attainable due to a glitch is totally unacceptable.

Any voyage that gets stuck before reaching the intended achievement needs to have all dilithium refunded & whatever loot was received kept for the players time & effort that now needs to be repeated.

At the very least.

Cuz i am now set back however many hours without getting the achievement. I could have failed to reach the 10 or 20hr by running only free voyages.

If i refill using dilithium in order to accomplish an intended goal set by the game design then anything glitches preventing me reaching my goal should not be costing out of my pocket.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I've stopped running uber long voyages because of stuck dilemmas. I've been fortunate enough to unstick them myself, but quite frankly voyages are very glitchy and I would be extremely cautious of spending more than 1000 dil (or 20hours) because of this, and having seen some of the responses DB has sent to my fleet mates when they have problems. They used to be far more forgiving and generous, but more recently they have advised people not to undertake longer voyages because of the unfortunate problem of dilemmas getting stuck! I find this extraordinary advice as voyages are one area of the game I regularly spend dilithium in and I'm certain I'm not the only one, nor am I the one likely to spend the most copious amounts.

It's a real shame, Voyages are my between-event event (not that they don't run during events lol) but I find them more entertaining than most parts of the game and would love to see a voyage event one day. That ain't gonna happen until they fix those bugged dilemmas though, and that's for certain.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    izausome wrote: »
    Dont waste your money. None of the crew are good.

Of course, I'm sure we're not after these crew for stats as nearly any FF legendary could beat them hands down. It's for the completionists out there who want to complete their super rare collection, of which there are many I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    [/quote]

The complication with this attitude is that DB applies it to those getting stuck while on the 10hr or 20hr voyage for achievements. And to be told there is no guarantee achievements designed into the game are attainable due to a glitch is totally unacceptable.

Any voyage that gets stuck before reaching the intended achievement needs to have all dilithium refunded & whatever loot was received kept for the players time & effort that now needs to be repeated.

At the very least.

Cuz i am now set back however many hours without getting the achievement. I could have failed to reach the 10 or 20hr by running only free voyages.

If i refill using dilithium in order to accomplish an intended goal set by the game design then anything glitches preventing me reaching my goal should not be costing out of my pocket.[/quote]

I'm in full agreement with this and I hope DB take heed to the growing comments on this thread. The fact that this bug hasn't been ironed out yet is bad enough, but that is nothing compared to their solution for solving these cases. It's a case of adding insult to injury.
  • Options

Of course, I'm sure we're not after these crew for stats as nearly any FF legendary could beat them hands down. It's for the completionists out there who want to complete their super rare collection, of which there are many I'm sure.

The collection will never be completed. There will be more and more.
    Waste money if ya want, but there isnt a real 'endgame'.

If you see it as have all the crew as the end, well your DBs profit margin.
  • Options

The collection will never be completed. There will be more and more.
    Waste money if ya want, but there isnt a real 'endgame'.

If you see it as have all the crew as the end, well your DBs profit margin.

I don't see it as all crew, as to do that with legendaries would be extremely expensive and you'd probably never get there. But to do that with super rares is very doable. I have all super rares except McCoy at max, with the exception of Lady Beverly who will be immortalised in phase 2. Even with new super rares coming in it's very easy to keep on top of super rares. Except for McCoy! But, as I say, I am now no longer part of their profit margin, unless they decide to rectify this situation.
  • Options
    I have noticed a drop in how often I get super rare crew. The drops that come between dilemmas has been nerfed a bunch and the dilemmas that drop them are rarer now. I use to get 2-3 super rare crew for 8 hour voyages easy (this was a few months ago, I'd say). Now I'm at a 14 hour voyage and I have 1 super rare crew to show for it so far.

WARNING: Don't waste your dilithium till they figure it out.

If there is some gameplay mechanic that is supposed to adjust the drop rates or something, keeping that secret is a bad choice on DB's part as there is no indication as to how to impact the rewards I may get on the voyage.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enoch[EVE] wrote: »
    I have noticed a drop in how often I get super rare crew. The drops that come between dilemmas has been nerfed a bunch and the dilemmas that drop them are rarer now. I use to get 2-3 super rare crew for 8 hour voyages easy (this was a few months ago, I'd say). Now I'm at a 14 hour voyage and I have 1 super rare crew to show for it so far.

If there is some gameplay mechanic that is supposed to adjust the drop rates or something, keeping that secret is a bad choice on DB's part as there is no indication as to how to impact the rewards I may get on the voyage.

I’ve been wondering if super rare drop rates have been nerfed also. I realize drops can be streaky so I’m not sure if they’ve been nerfed or if I’m just having a prolonged bad streak. I’m curious what other people have noticed lately.
  • Options

I’ve been wondering if super rare drop rates have been nerfed also. I realize drops can be streaky so I’m not sure if they’ve been nerfed or if I’m just having a prolonged bad streak. I’m curious what other people have noticed lately.

Yes, they were nerfed a few months back so typically an 8 hour voyage will give you 0-2 super rares now. Gone are the glory days of 10+ super rare voyages.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't say for certain, but I too am on an extended dry streak. Worse than even after the last admitted nerfing.
  • Options
    Enoch[SoS]Enoch[SoS] ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    They made adjustments to the voyage system... somewhere around 9/5/2018 (when they did the picard and mccoy change, IIRC). I noticed the dip in voyage crew around that time and notified them (and was subsequently told that it was working as intended... which oddly enough does not mean they didn't nerf TF out of it again...).

EDIT: I need to clarify some things as I was wrong on my date above. First I do realize there was a nerf before this timeframe and I don't think it was intended entirely by DB. But maybe it was. There was another nerf on 8/24/2018 I think. I had noticed the dip in voyage crew rewards between then and 9/5 when I submitted the ticket. That 8/24 date was when they had to bring the servers down and recall all voyages. That's when a stealth nerf was likely introduced.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t wonder, it is very obvious what has been done and quite a while ago. I have also noticed I rarely get the dilemmas needed for the better crew drops unless I extend (spend) which isn’t going to happen. With each new voyage I see the same 4 or 5 dilemmas over and over I get disgusted and recall. Wash, rinse, repeat. Throw in the bug that has been refused a fix and there is no reason to extend a voyage. If that is ever repaired I will go back to extending. It is a shame too as voyages was one of my favorite parts of the game.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking today that it seems like the 4* drops have been nerfed. I still see the 4* dilemma, but the random drops have been much less frequent recently. It wouldn't shock me if DB did a stealth nerf rather than face the complaints generated by admitting their nerf.

Any chance these drop rates fall under Apple's App Store TOS? After all, people are paying to extend Voyages.
  • Options
    Stopped trying. Got stuck on two of five tries. All five tmes got two of three dilemmas to get specific character. DB said, here is some stuff back, but no special characters. So won’t try until they fix voyages.