Home Ready Room
Options

The Duras Sisters - advice please

Not sure if I've messed up of not...

I got Lursa a while back and levelled her up to 100 FE not realising that I really needed to leave her with an item missing so I could FF and get the Duras sisters. I realised after making Tuvix.

I got B'Etor last week. If I FF her but leave her unequipped can I still make the Duras sisters with Lursa FE but 1*?

Comments

• Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If I remember correctly you need a FF/99 sister and a 1* sister.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Duras_Sisters

t08wglr1c8wl.png
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    If I remember correctly you need a FF/99 sister and a 1* sister.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Duras_Sisters

t08wglr1c8wl.png

So I would have to FF/99 B'Etor and then fuse with Lursa? Bother, that's quite a waste of resources.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doesn’t matter what level they are, so long as they are not at 100. When I fused mine everyone was at level 1
  • Options
    It seems it worked. I cited B'Etor and got the option to make the Duras sisters even though Lursa was level 100 FE.
  • Options
    Yes, the only thing you can't do is have one of the two immortalized. So you can either have one FF/FE at Lvl 99, or FF Lvl 100 with at least one item unequipped. Having one FF Lvl 1 and the other 1/3 Lvl 100 FE should work fine also, as you've now proven.
  • Options
    To create a Duras Sisters, you need 3/3 of one, and at least 1/3 of the other. The level doesn't really matter (so long as they aren't at 100).

You can fuse three level 1 Lursas with one level 1 B'Etor, and you'll get a level 1 one-star Duras Sisters.

I obtained my initial Duras Sisters after having immortalized both Lursa and B'Etor.

• Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I doesn’t matter what level they are, so long as they are not at 100. When I fused mine everyone was at level 1

Interesting, when I did mine all of the posts about making the Duras Sisters were emphatic that the first one had to be made with a 3* level 99.

I know that after the first was fused I was able to use all level 1 sisters.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, when I did mine all of the posts about making the Duras Sisters were emphatic that the first one had to be made with a 3* level 99.

It’s not required to have the first one at 99 FE, but it is the general wisdom to do so as it’s considered easier to FE one of the 3*s than to FE the sisters as 4*s.
  • Options
    Thanks all. Looks like there's a few ways to do it but as long as one is FF and one is 1* it worked, even though I was level 100 FE. I got 1/4* FE duras sisters.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Actually ... I've always advocated on the Forums (since way back when) to level to 100 but to not equip either the lvl 96 or 99 item, depending on which 3* sister you level, as the 4* version has relatively easy items for each of those slots.

--> Reason being:
    lvl 96: Lursa - 4* Encoded Communique; B'Etor - 4* Covert Contacts; The Duras Sisters - 4* House Duras Crest.
    lvl 99: Lursa - 4* Lursa's Communicator; B'Etor - 5* House Duras Crest; The Duras Sisters - 4* Klingon Warnog.
    EDIT: Highlighted the irritating items (from my perspective from when I was making the 4* version).

The lvl 90 and 93 items are easier for each individual 3* than for the combined 4*.

For Tuvix you do want to FE the character you choose to level, so either 3* Tuvok (easiest) or Neelix ... so you'd stop at lvl 99.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Rara, I've advocated leveling to 100 but leaving one item unequipped — but for a different reason. I think it's far too easy to accidentally apply too many trainers and speed right by level 99. Leaving one item unequipped, on the other hand, is far easier and safer, imo.

In any case, you don't want either of the two crew you're fusing together to be immortalized — that's the key. And honestly, you don't have to level them at all if you don't want to — you can merge a level 1 3/3 Tuvok with a level 1 1/3 Neelix and it'll work fine. It's just generally easier to level up rares than super-rares.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"