Home The Bridge
Options

U.I. issue?

Has anyone come across this issue before?

After you equip a crew member, the yellow number on the crew area still remains. Only a hard restart gets rid of the number sign.

mbvn2jx126ln.png

Comments

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone come across this issue before?

After you equip a crew member, the yellow number on the crew area still remains. Only a hard restart gets rid of the number sign.

mbvn2jx126ln.png

That stupid yellow ball stays there and is inaccurate all the time... especially after you fuse a crew.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    That stupid yellow ball stays there and is inaccurate all the time... especially after you fuse a crew.

You have to restart the game to get rid of it. That's how I do it. I think the software team needs to look into this.

Restarting the game doesn't work for you?

• Options
    Haha, when i get the 10 for 10 or 30 for 50, that yellow dot has a big number in it for about 2 days as it also seems to say i have items available to equip for crew i dismissed.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when I was new to the game I'd make sure to leave somebody with unequipped items, just in case the next day I didn't finish building anything (this was back when I had like two chrons per day or whatever) and needed to get the 'equip an item' daily task.

That got out of control and now the little yellow number hovers around 130 most days.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I think that your issue is this, when you have two crew that are fusible and one has an equipable or buildable item then the counter counts 2. When fused the counter is only decremented by one.

It is very unlikely that this will be fixed.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been like this for a lonnng time.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone...phantom equippable crew are a regular occurrence for me. It’s one of the little quirks that you get accustomed to seeing over time.
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes that is caused by a airlocked crew that had an item that could be added.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the items they need to fix, this one is so down the list that I don't even think of this as a bug.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I get this error regularly in the daily missions tab when I claim my dilithium monthly card. I have that 1 in both places. It is a disconnect that can happen anywhere in the software when it doesn't sync properly with the server. The only fix is a restart.
  • Options

You have to restart the game to get rid of it. That's how I do it. I think the software team needs to look into this.

Restarting the game doesn't work for you?

Oh it works. It’s just stupid I have to do it every time I get crew.
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    That thing drives me crazy
  • Options
    I see those all the time, when I've airlocked someone who had an equippable item in the first slot. Only restarting game clears it.
  • Options
    Sometimes that is caused by a airlocked crew that had an item that could be added.

No, I get it when the crew is still there.

Who reckons that this should be fixed?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're complaining about those yellow reminders, why do I always see the yellow "23" circle down where the missions are, even after I've cleared every star?
  • Options

No, I get it when the crew is still there.

Who reckons that this should be fixed?

Wasn't going to comment but, hey, you asked. I think that this should be the last thing (or pretty darn close to last) that DB should concern themselves with. While I feel for those that have OCD, I believe there are many other things that are much more important to the entire player base that DB should be working on first.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s been my experience. Every time it’s happened to me it’s been because crew that I airlock still get counted for the equipment until you restart. At first I wasn’t sure that was happening so I tested it out a couple of times by airlocking all of the crew that could be equipped and the number remained.

• Options
    I've had an issue where, in certain screens, it will display an incorrect number of chronitons. It will sometimes say that I have 90-something out of however many, but I go to do a quest and it will ask me to buy more, because I ran out of chronitons in reality.

Closing and restarting the app fixes this, but darn if it isn't at least mildly annoying.
  • Options
    I've had an issue where, in certain screens, it will display an incorrect number of chronitons. It will sometimes say that I have 90-something out of however many, but I go to do a quest and it will ask me to buy more, because I ran out of chronitons in reality.

Closing and restarting the app fixes this, but darn if it isn't at least mildly annoying.

I find errors like these annoying which I think DB should fix, unlike some person who says isn't a major issue.

Games should be error free, shouldn't they? Confuses the players sometimes.
  • Options

I find errors like these annoying which I think DB should fix, unlike some person who says isn't a major issue.

Games should be error free, shouldn't they? Confuses the players sometimes.

I don’t think anyone is saying they shouldn’t be fixed; just that with all the other bigger bugs and issues around (like Voyages getting stuck), these minor display bugs that are irritating but don’t really effect game play are and should be low on the priority list

In an ideal world or infinite resources, of course fix everything. In the real world of resource limitations, fix the big problems first.