Home Ready Room
Options

Feeling a bit burnt and need a focus t put me back on track.

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
After the last event, I had burnt my Chronitons to secure two stars on Sheriff Worf fully fusing him but now I am finding myself a little overwhelmed of crew to work on. I know I am probably trying to do too much too soon. so I guess I just need to find my focus and take one step at a time the problem is where to start? Looking for advice here:

Crew that I have picked and prioritised/favourited are as follows:

Holograms for the mega:
Minuet (Level 80) - probably a priority but due to woeful stats and the unsurity of how hard I can compete in this mega I am a bit dubious, I certainly wont be able to compete much for the next galaxy event.
Anastasia Karamanov 2/4 (level 80)
Hippocrates Noah 2/4 (level 60)
Warship Chakotay 3/4 (level 50)
Danara Pel 3/4 (level 30
Holonovel Doctor 1/4 (level 70)
Hologram Barclay (level 70)
Admiral Picard 3/4 (level 60)

Purple 4/4s - Space is becoming an issue again and with new crew coming in the treadmill still needs to keep turning.
Sherrif Worf Level 100 (4 items away - but seems like an eternity away)
Maquis Ro Laren (Level 80)
Formal Dress Crusher (level 40)
Fesek (Level 8)
Captain Klaa (level 80)
Marla McGivers (level 70)

I think part of the problem is Section 31 faction is honored and my success rate has been 50/50 or worse recently which is not helping matters. So I am becoming more and more reticent wasting time and resources on crew who may or may not be useful.

For Ref: Holograms I have completed are:
1/5s Da Vinci, The Professor Moriarty, Frank Hollander
4/4s Vic Fontaine, Duchamps, Lady Bev,
1/4s Command Hologram.

If you need any more info just ask, thanks in advance.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm not sure about your current crew and how long you're average voyage is etc, so based really entirely on your post I'd only work on Minuet, and possibly one of your 4/4 to make space (although i do grudge all that time a resources to chuck someone straight in the freezer, unless they are truly terrible. I know Minuet isn't amazing but she is triple bonus for the remaining events.

Possibly keep some of the 3/4 holograms and do a little extra with them, but without spending chrons. Just adwarps, cadet challenges and replicator rations to build your chrons back up. You get quite a few chrons back in the threshold rewards so you may find the event worthwhile.
    I personally haven't done much with my holograms at just 1 or 2 stars because I don't really think they will be used much compared with my other crew, even with a double bonus. However it is worth checking their stats and then cross referencing it with your current crew to see if you will even use then or not. There's no point in working on a 1/4 if its not even going to help.

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Thanks Seven Voyage time is usually 7-8hrs + depending on usual circs like crew required for events trait/skills match up et al.

The thing with Minuet is yes she has 3* bonus but if I am consigned to threshold for this next event then the need to level her diminishes further she will likely be only of real importance in event 3 or 4.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do Minuet as she is going to help in the event.

I would probably then work on your 4/4s to freeze and free up crew slot.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was on your shoes ... here's what I'd do:

- Work on Minuet first - even though the next event is Galaxy, she still did really well for me in the Galaxy section of the past event due to trait bonuses ... she was often 3rd on the list but came up top % due to trait bonuses. I did cite her and so she was FE 2/5.

- Finish and freeze Worf if space really is an issue ... 2 of the 4 items are easy. Your other 4*s that are FF are a nightmare for a person in your position ... all but Klaa need Holoprograms and that Wesley needs a ton so DO NOT work on him ... so your only other option is Klaa, but you need to be well stocked in Klingon/KCA stuff for his last items.

- If not Worf ... maybe Noah or Chakotay ... Noah is good SCI (but you are well covered there) and Chakotay is decent, and he's relatively easy to equip. Furthermore, Noah would be good in the Skirmish event (I've actually used him each skirmish so far on the Borg Cube).
    - Danara Pel just does not offer enough when you compare that to the crew you've already completed.

To be honest, I'd look past this coming event as you're probably set with the crew you have (and the addition of a FE Minuet). You best to look at the faction event and then which areas you might need a boost in.
    Don't forget, we already know that all Datas will provide a bonus for the 3rd event, so Prospero Data is great for DIP there (I'm assuming you have him).

And ... when you know the last is Skirmish, I think you can actually get away with just levelling one or two Holograms, as I'm not sure 1/4 or 2/4 crew will add anything to crew you already have FE (e.g. where does Holonovel Doc's MED (doubled) stack up to all your other MED crew when he's 1/4 FE).
    This means ... just get back to the FF 4*s to get some roster space back.
  • Options
    My first post was a bit rambling ... here a basic overview of how you could rank crew to level, they are ranked per skill and if second skill has decent/good base also included there (e.g. Frank in CMD and SEC).

leveled crew ... to level ... possible Datas (I've included those that I have as an example).

CMD
    Frank, Minuet ... Chakotay

DIP
    Minuet, Professor, Vic, Duchamps, Lady Bev ... Admiral Picard, Anastasia ... Prospero Data

SEC
    Frank ... Chakotay ... Frair Tuck, Mirror Data

SCI
    Da Vinci ... Noah, Barclay, Danara Pel

ENG
    Da Vinci ... Barclay ... Mirror Data

MED
    Command Hologram, Lady Bev ... Holonovel Doc, Noah, Danara Pel

• Options
    Yes that does make sense, skirmish not too worried about, and the intel farming will most likely coincide with the high levelling of the 4/4s.
    I'll most likely run with Reed, Killy, Darth Bashir, Surak (swapping one of them out for high bonus crew)

Prospero Data is a firm tick.

I think preparing for shuttle event makes the most sense, I think out of them Minuet, Komananov and Warship Chakotay would add/contribute to my roster may mean I can sneak better crew out on voyages during the event as well. Hmm I think that might have solved it.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasia is a tough one to level, just know that.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah I think I’ll do chakotay first security seems to be the one lacking out of the bonus crew maybe could do with one more science crew but Danara is low level I’ve got 5 decent options for dip (6 when I finish minuet) not to mention non bonus crew options, maybe Noah as another sci option but I suspect will be just as hard as komananov
  • Options

Yeah I think I’ll do chakotay first security seems to be the one lacking out of the bonus crew maybe could do with one more science crew but Danara is low level I’ve got 5 decent options for dip (6 when I finish minuet) not to mention non bonus crew options, maybe Noah as another sci option but I suspect will be just as hard as komananov

The Crew Cost Info link that you can find through the wiki is an absolute lifesaver/must when in a crunch on deciding who to level ...

You can use the Behold Helper to compare any number of crew (e.g. Noah and Danara) and then list their Base Item List to see where they differ and which items you might have trouble getting.

I don't use it as much anymore, but in the past, when I had around 40 4*s to still level, I used it constantly ... checking which Worf was best/easiest to level for a Worf event etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »

The Crew Cost Info link that you can find through the wiki is an absolute lifesaver/must when in a crunch on deciding who to level ...

You can use the Behold Helper to compare any number of crew (e.g. Noah and Danara) and then list their Base Item List to see where they differ and which items you might have trouble getting.

I don't use it as much anymore, but in the past, when I had around 40 4*s to still level, I used it constantly ... checking which Worf was best/easiest to level for a Worf event etc.

Snap just been looking over that, turns out holonovel doctor even at 1/4 would be a better option to level and classed as easy. Danara would be the next best option being average.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just a bit of Galaxy event crew feedback ... I just obtained all Threshold rewards so the feedback is on who I used (bold) to craft items ... here is a list of crew I have that get bonuses, all FE and have not listed crew below 4*:

Guinan
    Bartender Guinan (3/5) (out on a Voyage); Fierce Guinan (1/4).

Doctor
    Author Doc (2/4); Mobile Doc (1/5); Holonovel Doc (4/4); The President of the Earth (2/4); Command Hologram (2/4).

Barclay
    Commander Barclay (3/4), levelled and FE (except for 1 item) straight away, used from 2/4 (FE -1 item) onwards. Naturally, now 4/4 FE and if I continue will use him more I assume.

Hologram
    Minuet (3/5); Crell Moset (1/5); Lady Beverly (4/4); Vic Fontaine (4/4); Dr Hippocrates Noah (4/4) (I initially did use him in the first rounds for some SCI stuff until Barclay became 2/4); Warship Chakotay (3/4); Danara Pel (3/4); Admiral Picard (2/4); Duchamps (2/4), Warship Janeway (1/4); Anastasia (1/4).

I hope this gives beginning players a good idea of how to spread focus if they need to level crew for a Galaxy event.
    Good approach is: Mega-event 5* ... specific event crew ... small bonus crew to fill skill gaps. To keep the number of crew you level down, because, as shown above, you only really need a select few.

EDIT: Forgot Duchamps ... also, upon reaching 130k VP I had racked up 230 super rare items (to be handed in Phase 2).
    Finally, I more or less started the event when the community had picked up the copy for Author Doc (first community reward, came in fairly fast, you have to construct one complete item to get community rewards) so I could start with him as a 2/4.
    I also have not bothered levelling the new 2* yet. Will come during the upcoming week to meet daily targets.