Home The Bridge
Options

So $25 is the new $10 - Barclay 'deal'

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry but as with the other offers, this just makes no sense to me t9bgyo3f1yqa.png
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    But obviously enough people buy these offers. Good for my wallet. *sigh*
  • Options
    ZaphricZaphric ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Good for my wallet as well, old characters I'd get for $10, but not for this new price model. Starting to pull back A LOT of purchasing.

Probably do $25 for a good crewman that's not in the portal.
  • Options
    Ugh. I was hoping for a decent offer today to spend some money on.
    Surely people don't buy these offers, give me the same offer for £8.99 and I will bite. But at present it's way too much.
  • Options
    I have him at 4/5 and am very tempted to buy.
    But I won't at $25. No thanks.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Well, according to the text he is inspiring. He's inspiring me not to spend my money, so I thank him for that.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Well, according to the text he is inspiring. He's inspiring me not to spend my money, so I thank him for that.

All of these offers say "Inspiring".

I will never buy one of these.
  • Options
    I, for one, will never buy in at this price.
  • Options
    Just echoing everyone here. $25 is pricey for this offer. They should include a 5* citation with the offer or a chunk of dilithium or several 10x premium packs, at least 10.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    MINOR GRIPE: I wish the offers came with a link to the actual card. I've clicked all over that ad box trying to see what Interfaced Barclay's stats are, and I cannot get it to pop up. Not saying I'd actually drop $24.99 on it, but there is no chance if I cannot inspect the merchandise first.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    MINOR GRIPE: I wish the offers came with a link to the actual card. I've clicked all over that ad box trying to see what Interfaced Barclay's stats are, and I cannot get it to pop up. Not saying I'd actually drop $24.99 on it, but there is no chance if I cannot inspect the merchandise first.

Too much work to go to the wiki? :p

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Interfaced_Barclay

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    But you can't get stats in-game for any new crew (or any older crew in packs, for that matter) before acquiring them. Why should this one be any different?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Too bad, that obviously still too many ppl bought the recent overpriced(imho) 1 Leg + some add stuff, offers. So DB had no need to go back to the price of
    10 bucks.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Save my money for the next 10 for 10.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Really, there hasn't been an offer that I have been tempted to buy all month which is to bad because I got a google card for my B-day and the $$ is burning as hole in my pocket but I am not going to spend it on something that is over priced and that I don't really want. They'd have to sweeten the pot quite a bit to make these 24.99 offers attractive to me. But like people have said, someone must be buying that offer but that someone sure isn't me.

.... and if DB can't get Zombie Squirrel to buy it, I don't see who else would :P
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tilting Point runs the show now, probably their directive.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB making it easier and easier to not spend.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I bought Dr. Richard Daystrom for $10 because I had yet to see him in game, but that was a splurge. I have also spent $25 to double my crew especially when it applies to a MegaEvent 5* that I want to fully fuse. But that is also a splurge. I have spent $0 in the last 2 months on STTimelines and I am still as competitive as when I spend a few dollars. When I had less items a year ago, it was also very helpful to get the equipment needed to Level 50 a crew. Now this bonus is losing its value.

>>> AMAZING VALUE! Yes it is, amazingly overpriced. These offers, as they are, are not tempting at all to me.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    As someone mentioned before, you get 1250 Chron with this deal. Making it a $10 deal makes no sense at all when they offer 1250 Chron for $10. If it makes you feel any better, consider these 5* as $15 deals, tied to a $10 chrono deal
    7p40ukntfa2z.png
  • Options
    I think most don t care about the additional chrons or credits.
    If DB would offer 1 Legendary for 10 bucks again, even without anything additonal on top, most would be happy.

Fact is, DB had this offer like 3 times ? in a row, before they increased the price from 10 to 25 bucks, which is quite a jump.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with squirrel and even if you think of the 1250 chrons for ten bucks as an addition, 15 is way too much for an old crappy crew card. 15 total for the card and 1250 chrons maybe but 25 is ridiculous even if it’s the last star before the freezer.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    But, before with Daystrom, Cochrane, and Janeway they were just random crew that had no use. Now the crew matches the upcoming event. So, will get at least one weekend if you buy and level, rather than buy a weak 5* and leave it sitting at level 1 for months taking up space.

I totally get where $25 is too much. But, $10 is too little. I did buy Killy, because I felt she was worth the $25. I have not bought any of the other $25 offers. I bought all of the other $10 deals because it was a free crew for a chron purchase. I'm sure someone on their side has a cost comparison.
  • Options
    I think most don t care about the additional chrons or credits.
    If DB would offer 1 Legendary for 10 bucks again, even without anything additonal on top, most would be happy.

Fact is, DB had this offer like 3 times ? in a row, before they increased the price from 10 to 25 bucks, which is quite a jump.

Speaking of quite a jump.... $34.99 Canadian
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    But, before with Daystrom, Cochrane, and Janeway they were just random crew that had no use. Now the crew matches the upcoming event. So, will get at least one weekend if you buy and level, rather than buy a weak 5* and leave it sitting at level 1 for months taking up space.

While it's true that Interfaced Barclay fits with the event he's been completely useless for me at 1/5 (have him from his event) so no better than any of the $10 crew really.

I totally get where $25 is too much. But, $10 is too little. I did buy Killy, because I felt she was worth the $25. I have not bought any of the other $25 offers. I bought all of the other $10 deals because it was a free crew for a chron purchase. I'm sure someone on their side has a cost comparison.

That thinking really only works if you value the chrons at $10. Personally they don't have that value for me and the credits are also a no/little value item. When they offered the old single 5* offers from past events at half off ($25) those I felt had value (an older 5, plus the chance to pull more copies) for a $25 offer, just like I found the crew/chron/credit offers for $10 good. Hard to compare parts of one offer with another offer though.

Enough people must be willing to buy the offer at $25 that DB is making more than getting some more sales at $10 so I don't expect anything will change and that's fine. Just not something I'll be buying. We all of course perceive what's a good offer a bit differently.