Home Ready Room
Options

Any non weekend cadet crew worth keeping?

I have a lot of blue rare crew and just about have weekend cadet missions covered now. I've run out of crew space (105 slots) and got more event crew coming so assume I don't need as many blues as I have. Some are probably worth finishing as they're FF and high level but others are level 1 that I kept because the wiki said they were useful for certain missions.

Anyway, some help to pare it down a bit would be welcome!

I only have 3 purple super rare crew at Level 100 FE so I still need some blue crew for voyages.

Using for sat/sun cadet missions: Lwaxana Troi, Private S Money, Sniper Ezri Dax, Commando Crusher, Subcommander T'Pol, L. Saavik, Maquis Torres, Constable Odo as main cadet crew, all FE, level 100, most FF.

Also got level 60 or above Khan, Hugh, Vash, Rescuer Tucker, Holodeck 3 Brahms, Temp Shift Kes, Rifle Janeway, Ensign Mendon, Gilora Rejal, Mirror O'Brian, Command Wrap Kirk, Dr Selar, Prisoner McCoy, Commander Checkov, Boxer Chakotay, Acting Nagus Brunt, Donik, Mara. Plan to at least FF/FE these and then airlock those I don't need.

These below are all level 1
Duelist Barclay 2*
Tailor Garak 1*
Third Remata'Klan 3*
Hockey Kim 1*
Hockey Paris 2*
Koloth 3*
Chief engineer La Forge 1*
Raquetball Bashir 2* (see him in Gauntlet)
Florist Q 1*
Commander Kang 3*

Some that I've started levelling
Deanna Troi 3* (I have Lwaxana Troi FE Level 100 2* for cadet so guessing I don't need Deanna??)
Senator Cretek 2*
Captain Kasidy yates 3*
Mora Pol 3*
Expedition Shran 3* (Seemed to be useful)
Jazz Musician Riker 2* (Seemed to be useful)
Ensign Crusher 3*
Talos V Spock 3* (Seemed he was useful)
The Viceroy 2* (Seemed to be useful)

I don't know whether to carry on with some of these that are 3* but low priority or dump and they can come round again.

Any advice welcome!

Comments

• Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The short answer is every single one of these can go with no real issue to your crew. You will discover later on that they will come back again and again in portal pulls and voyages when you get to the point that you want to start collecting them.

If Commander division of Arena is important to you, Commander Kang is a mainstay there and can be very helpful on a cloaked ship. Senator Cretak is a very good weekend cadet, so I would hold onto her, and Deanna Troi would probably be my last airlock beyond that, as she can be quite helpful on the weekends too. But I would start with your Level 1 single stars and only airlock as many as you need at a time. As space gets tighter, you can axe more as needed. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe wait until after the current event for Barclay. He may be of some use even at Level 1. And you may get that last star, he is fairly easy to level.

pj34zb9hiwqk.png

Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    Something else to consider at least for your Saturday crew is once you finish all the Saturday missions, do you need all of those ladies?

For example, I use the Saturday missions exclusively to fund my replicator habit, so I only run the last mission on max difficulty. With my bonuses, I can run this with only Lwaxana and Maquis Torres (plus Gilora Rijal to round it out). Using this approach, I have my weekend 3*s down to five: the three mentioned above, Odo, and Temporal Shift Kes.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I hit all the weekend cadet crits, I kept only 5 blue crew. In your case I would recommend pruning your blues only as fast as need requires. First, stop all but the basic portal pulls until you get your crew under control. Next, focus on a few crew st a time. Remember that you will get all the blue crew again. Any of your listed level 1 crew can go. Any that you can bring up to freezing level you should bring up.

Here are my bare minimum weekend crew (keeping in mind I have already three-stared all the missions):
    Lwaxana Troi (Vedic Winn works as well)
    Doctor Selar (I don't actually remember the last time I used her, perhaps some of that is sentimental, but I think she is still useful for one of the missions)
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Lieutenant Saavic
    Sniper Ezri Dax (I used to use Money and whatever alien fit)

Also get a good fleet. If you don't have one, I will talk to my admiral and get you a place. There is a place open in my squad, too. Message me.
  • Options
    Thanks all. I think I still have a couple of rare rewards to get on Sunday but after that I can pare them down.

Useful about Commander Kang. Thanks. Been playing them all so far.
  • Options
    Once I hit all the weekend cadet crits, I kept only 5 blue crew. In your case I would recommend pruning your blues only as fast as need requires. First, stop all but the basic portal pulls until you get your crew under control. Next, focus on a few crew st a time. Remember that you will get all the blue crew again. Any of your listed level 1 crew can go. Any that you can bring up to freezing level you should bring up.

Here are my bare minimum weekend crew (keeping in mind I have already three-stared all the missions):
    Lwaxana Troi (Vedic Winn works as well)
    Doctor Selar (I don't actually remember the last time I used her, perhaps some of that is sentimental, but I think she is still useful for one of the missions)
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Lieutenant Saavic
    Sniper Ezri Dax (I used to use Money and whatever alien fit)

Also get a good fleet. If you don't have one, I will talk to my admiral and get you a place. There is a place open in my squad, too. Message me.

Thanks very much. I am in a fleet but will PM
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to have a slightly different weekend cadet crew, and none of the various options are really any better or worse than others. Here is my active rare crew list:

Saavik
    Lwaxana Troi
    Sniper Ezri
    Maquis Torres
    Kang
    Smiley

Kang and Smiley are only there for the arena; if you don’t care about the arena, you could just use whatever blue and green crew that you wish. The other four are all I need to pass any Saturday cadet mission. Sunday missions are a little harder without using Kang but it really depends on what you are trying to farm; Kang or another DIP crew is a good fifth cadet to keep if you run the last mission on the highest difficulty for replicator rations, while you could probably get away with just these four ladies if you’re farming other missions for items.

Anyone else is eminently freezable if you find they are not participating on voyages. I would freeze any 3/3*s that are fully equipped/leveled first, then any that are fully fused but not yet equipped. I would also recommend you level only one at a time - it might seem hard to obtain some components but will help relieve stress on your crew slots in the long term. And as was already said above, don’t worry about airlocking any 1/3* level 1s to make room because they will come back before too long through voyages, premium portal pulls, and ranked rewards in events.
  • Options

Everyone seems to have a slightly different weekend cadet crew, and none of the various options are really any better or worse than others. Here is my active rare crew list:

Saavik
    Lwaxana Troi
    Sniper Ezri
    Maquis Torres
    Kang
    Smiley

Kang and Smiley are only there for the arena; if you don’t care about the arena, you could just use whatever blue and green crew that you wish. The other four are all I need to pass any Saturday cadet mission. Sunday missions are a little harder without using Kang but it really depends on what you are trying to farm; Kang or another DIP crew is a good fifth cadet to keep if you run the last mission on the highest difficulty for replicator rations, while you could probably get away with just these four ladies if you’re farming other missions for items.

Anyone else is eminently freezable if you find they are not participating on voyages. I would freeze any 3/3*s that are fully equipped/leveled first, then any that are fully fused but not yet equipped. I would also recommend you level only one at a time - it might seem hard to obtain some components but will help relieve stress on your crew slots in the long term. And as was already said above, don’t worry about airlocking any 1/3* level 1s to make room because they will come back before too long through voyages, premium portal pulls, and ranked rewards in events.

Thanks. I have been playing in the arena and have got into the top 100 once but depends on traits etc. Must admit, not used Kang or Smiley for the arena as they've never been in the top 5 but they're also not levelled up. Smiley is about 70, Kang not at all.

I do try to focus on 2 or 3 at a time but a few I've got stuck on right near the end and others I can go straight through in a day or 2. Just depends what items they need.
  • Options
    I will just ask here since I cannot create a new discussion since I have a similar problem. I have honorably discharged all of my 1* and I am all out of space. What are good blues to keep around besides the ones mentioned above? I checked the top 50 in arena, it looks that everyone plays Kvort Bird of Pray with Kang and Smiley? Is this the only thing that works? Are other ships/crews viable?
  • Options
    I will just ask here since I cannot create a new discussion since I have a similar problem. I have honorably discharged all of my 1* and I am all out of space. What are good blues to keep around besides the ones mentioned above? I checked the top 50 in arena, it looks that everyone plays Kvort Bird of Pray with Kang and Smiley? Is this the only thing that works? Are other ships/crews viable?

As you're working your way up I just use the ship that's got the best stats. That's dependant on what you've got schematics for. The top 50 will have maxed out the Kvort whereas, if you're new playing, you won't so depends where you are in the leaderboards. I just use the best ship I have against the people around me. Then when I get stuck I wait for schematics to level up a ship.
  • Options
    Captain JM wrote: »

As you're working your way up I just use the ship that's got the best stats. That's dependant on what you've got schematics for. The top 50 will have maxed out the Kvort whereas, if you're new playing, you won't so depends where you are in the leaderboards. I just use the best ship I have against the people around me. Then when I get stuck I wait for schematics to level up a ship.

I had nothing better to do so I farmed the ship schematics so I have maxed out Constellation, Kvort, Maquis Raider, Val Jean and Nova...
  • Options
    I got very far with the combination of 3* Odo and 3* Wesley Crusher in the Val Jean. They time perfectly and give great shield support. However I have long since stopped caring about that division and don't keep them around. I say keep whatever crew you think you need until you get better. Start leveling any fully fused 3* and ignore any others until they are fully fused or you need to ditch them for space. You'll get them again later.
  • Options
    I would like to ditch some for space. My only 3/3 are Starfleet Khan, Keevan, Pulaski and potentially Rescuer Tucker since he is the daily reward.
  • Options
    Any at low level (not suitable for cadet) can be dumped.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also use

Lwaxana
    Saavik
    Sniper Ezri
    Maquis Torres

Find I can do mostly any mission with these four. I've immortilised 40 rare crew. I don't keep any others on my roster however I do check to see what the rare ranked reward is for each event and if I don't have them finished already I try to rank for them.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Cool, thanks.
  • Options
    But don't get rid of any you are using until you need to. Start with all the low level. Others might get to immortalized status.
  • Options
    But don't get rid of any you are using until you need to. Start with all the low level. Others might get to immortalized status.

All of my blues are in the 1-10 range :)