Home Make It So!
Options

Fix arenas for losing rank when you win

It really annoys me when I win and I fall in rank because my opponent has already lost. A simple if then statement would fix it and make it so you at least get back your original rank.

Comments

• Options
    I never noticed that happening before. :o
  • Options
    You realize, just because you are fighting someone in the arena, it does not preclude someone from drawing you in a fight, and the domputer does not play your ship like you do.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Arena needs a whole new redesign but yes this bug is very annoying.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me very rarely, but it has happened and is very frustrating.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I guess I don't understand. There are thousands of people all playing arena matches and while you are playing yours they could go up in the rankings moving you down before your match is over so that when you win you could conceivably be lower than when you started. If no one else moved during your game play then I see the problem but with so many other people moving up and down I'm not sure you can really be sure you are where you think you should be.
  • Options
    It isn't so much the rank reduction, it's the message that comes with it that makes it sound like a great achievement.
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Or when I lose and still manage to rank up 20 levels.
  • Options
    Chang wrote: »
    Or when I lose and still manage to rank up 20 levels.

I have not had that happen.
  • Options
    muwoo wrote: »
    I guess I don't understand. There are thousands of people all playing arena matches and while you are playing yours they could go up in the rankings moving you down before your match is over so that when you win you could conceivably be lower than when you started. If no one else moved during your game play then I see the problem but with so many other people moving up and down I'm not sure you can really be sure you are where you think you should be.

Most other games "lock contestants" until their match is over so one person can only fight (or be fought" at a time. This eliminates this problem/annoyance.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was ranked 16. Just fought the number 9 rank and won yet my new rank is 216. Um. Huh?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is just a refresh problem, exactly like the Gauntlet when you go in after no t being there for a few hours, you see your rank as like, 23, then you win a round and your rank is 31.

Same with Arena, but no way to refresh BEFORE your battle, so your actual rank is likely less than what it shows on screen when you start the battle.

But yes, in both cases annoying.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...