Home The Bridge
Options

Schematics from Voyages

I just wanted to start a thread about Dilemmas that drop ship schematics. These are about as rare as the dilemmas which drop Voyage Only crew (at least the two-part dilemma drops). I have been chasing them deliberately for a few months now, and true to form I have actually only had two drops since I started deliberately looking. This is not enough for me to make valid estimates from, however, so far I have only received schematics for ships I believe were already in the portal at the time of Voyage Inception.

So this thread is a bit of crowd-sourcing to discover just what drops people have achieved from chasing schematics, and whether it's actually worth chasing them, and what people have had drop. If they drop at 600 a go, and are of ships I can't get through the portal, they are definitely worth going after. But, so far I haven't seen anything too exciting and was wondering if anyone else had.

Dilemmas known to drop 600 ship schematics:

Burden of Proof - choice C - second part of Class Act
First Author - Choice C - second part of Cracks In The Wall
Friends in Need - Choice B - second part of Blow by Blow
The Tools at Hand - Choice C - second part of Retrofit

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've only had Borg cube and Prakesh.

As you say, nothing exciting
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Ive gotten the Prakesh and the legendary Ferengi ship, both of which I've already maxed out.....
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember getting NX-01 and Hirogen schems when voyages first launched back before they were added to the regular portal, but mostly it’s the same junk I get from Dabo (the ships that have been around since launch).
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I got 600 NX01 twice in two days when they first started. I was quite happy about it then. Now, just cannon fodder.
    Edit: I have received them maybe four times since, trying to avoid them.
  • Options
    I've also had schematics drop from

A Life Alone, part 2, choice A
    Interference, part 2, choice A
    Off the Books, part 2, choice B
    The Voice of the Prophets, 2nd part to The Beginning of the End of the World, choice C

I didn't note down what exactly they were, though.
  • Options
    I don't remember which ships they were from, but every time I got schematics the ship was already maxed, so I'm pretty sure they were all from ships that are available in the Dabo.
  • Options
    Only 'newer' schematics I've seen were the NX-01 ones. Otherwise it's the same old ships that we all maxed from Dabo and rewards months/years ago
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Schematics = replicator rations

Sorrynotsorry
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Only 'newer' schematics I've seen were the NX-01 ones. Otherwise it's the same old ships that we all maxed from Dabo and rewards months/years ago

Yeah I got the NX-01 once.
  • Options
    Schematics = replicator rations

Sorrynotsorry

I’ve got more than enough actual replicator rations for that, so never end up using schems. I do occasionally use a bunch of trainers when I get them maxed, but haven’t gotten to that point with ships last time I checked.
  • Options
    I have gotten schematics 3x over the course of Voyages, but they were so long ago, I didn't keep track of what they were.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The 1st time i got a schem drop on a Voyage i was happy for about .5 second because i already had that ship maxed. Each time since then i've been happy for only about .25 second, again because i've had those ships maxed also. The next time i get them, i'm expecting about .0025 second of happy before, you guessed it, realizing the ship is already maxed.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem that I have with the ship schematics and other drops like replicator rations is that they don't give any honor and chrons. So they are useless. I don't think that 5 5* rations is worth the same thing as 100 honor+ 75 chrons and a 4* crew (even if useless 200 honor). Same thing with the ship schematics. They really should drop chrons and honor as well.

Exactly this. Although our choices have no real-life meaning, it still bothers me that I keep picking "leave the colonists to to find a cure on their own" (Cost of Living) to avoid the chance of getting 5* rations.
  • Options
    In 348 Voyages that I've sent out, I've got 600 schematics one time. I don't go chasing them and I don't study the responses for varying loot drops. So my answers must be pretty consistent and I might have changed my answer on that one just to keep it interesting. It was for a ship I had maxed, don't remember specifically- maybe Prakesh or D'Kora Krayton.. I was not particularly fond of the drop.

I agree completely ###Kahless### and Ishmael Marx, every dilemma should drop honor and chronitons. I wouldn't care if I got Constellation class schematics or Botanist Keikos with it every time as long as I got the other two.

Sometimes I save the Gorn, sometimes I save the Andorian.. it just depends on my mood @the time. But I tell you this! Section 31 will never ever Ever EVER NEVER get to use my ship for 5 hours for some "official" secret business! They can kiss my asteroid! ;)
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I save the Gorn, sometimes I save the Andorian.. it just depends on my mood @the time. But I tell you this! Section 31 will never ever Ever EVER NEVER get to use my ship for 5 hours for some "official" secret business! They can kiss my asteroid! ;)

So you’re saying you don’t have and never want Thot Gor? I guess the Dominion Mega is over so it doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    The biggest problem that I have with the ship schematics and other drops like replicator rations is that they don't give any honor and chrons. So they are useless. I don't think that 5 5* rations is worth the same thing as 100 honor+ 75 chrons and a 4* crew (even if useless 200 honor). Same thing with the ship schematics. They really should drop chrons and honor as well.

Agree 100%, although I just got some gold rations and it gave honor & chrons so maybe things are changing.

jg7zn6rjdde5.png
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree 100%, although I just got some gold rations and it gave honor & chrons so maybe things are changing.

jg7zn6rjdde5.png

Gold rep rations have always dropped with honor and chrons as well.

I've gotten NX-01 schematics a few times back when Voyages first launched. Haven't gotten any of them in the past many months though.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Gold rep rations have always dropped with honor and chrons as well.

Thanks, couldn't remember if they did or not. So I guess schems are the only "problem" ones.