Home The Bridge
Options

Curiouser and curiouser

Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
zfe03fo3e7di.png
vbvy06sd1bv4.png
I ran across a play in first whos captain level has changed three times, copying other players on the leader board. Anyone shed some light on this?

Edit: it is now on its fourth level, also copying another on the board.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever you see a blank avatar that has the default name of "Captain" and is level 99, it's a glitch. (In fact, according to long-time player and uber-cetacean eXo | Frank, as of July this year, there was only one player who had reached captain level 99 in all of Star Trek Timelines, and that person is now retired from the game.) This has been confirmed by former DB moderator Black Pebble.

As I wrote in an old thread:
    Data1001 wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Data1001
    You mean all those level 99, no avatar, and default name Captain are real ?

Yes. Yes I do. It's been brought up numerous times before, and DB has confirmed it's a display glitch.
    There is a visual glitch that occurs with some accounts if they’ve been merged.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever you see a blank avatar that has the default name of "Captain" and is level 99, it's a glitch. (In fact, according to long-time player and uber-cetacean eXo | Frank, as of July this year, there was only one player who had reached captain level 99 in all of Star Trek Timelines, and that person is now retired from the game.) This has been confirmed by former DB moderator Black Pebble.

Data1001

Yes. Yes I do. It's been brought up numerous times before, and DB has confirmed it's a display glitch.

I have since seen another. It may be Sisko, not sure, but for a while Seamus O’Kelly was the only one. I saw a Captain Seamus in my gauntlet. I wondered if it was him starting over

• Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a default Captain name, it was LAC in first, and the posted level on it changed multiple times, including if you looked at them, copying other players names, crew and level.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a default Captain name, it was LAC in first, and the posted level on it changed multiple times, including if you looked at them, copying other players names, crew and level.

Sorry, yeah, just noticed that difference. Still, probably just a new iteration of the same glitch. Especially since it changed a few times.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Data1001

I have since seen another. It may be Sisko, not sure, but for a while Seamus O’Kelly was the only one. I saw a Captain Seamus in my gauntlet. I wondered if it was him starting over

Yeah, Captain Sisko [AA] is at 99.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one gauntlet the player in first had 5 crew members on their bridge, of a ship that only has 4 crew slots... strange things show up in gauntlets!
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    In one gauntlet the player in first had 5 crew members on their bridge, of a ship that only has 4 crew slots... strange things show up in gauntlets!

There was a visual bug a long time back that caused that, may still be causing that.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

There was a visual bug a long time back that caused that, may still be causing that.

Isnt it possible to do that by using lag to add a 5th member to a bridge with 4 slots?
  • Options
    Maybe, don't know.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well once I was fighting against really solid two skill Investigator Odo... So anything is possible in the glitch land.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Well once I was fighting against really solid two skill Investigator Odo... So anything is possible in the glitch land.

There was a while where Kahless was displaying as Investigator Odo.