Home Make It So!
Options

Solution against Macros: Make them useless!

edited October 2018 in Make It So!
It's obvious that the capaign against macros usage is not going well, it's really notorious on Galaxy and Skirmish events.
I have a potential solution for Galaxy events: To build a 3 item recipe 15 clicks are needed, if someone has all the items to craft all the 3 items, why not have a fast build button as when building an item for a crew, that builds all the 3 items at the same time. That would reduce the time to build an item a lot and make Macros usage unnecesary on Galaxy events.
There is one, just one drawback here that I would accept it, crew selection has been problematic in the past, because of bad configuration of a specific crew or of the selection and instead of being the first one it was in second position, this method would then choose automáticaly, the top crew for each of the items to be built and if chosen incorrectly would give everyone less chances to obtain a special item, that is ok for me, and would definitely fight macros!
  • 1st Click: on the item to be built
  • 2nd Click: on the crew selection box
  • 3rd Click: on the crew that you wish to be used to build the item
  • 4th Click: on the button to select the crew
  • 5th Click: on the button to build the item
This procedure should be done 3 times, once for each of the 3 items to be built, that's why 15 clicks.

Comments

• Options
    I am not sure that macros are being used currently. I worked the first to Days of the event. When I got off work Friday, I was in about 10,000th place. i started doing double on days I work, and spent $50.00 on Chronitons on Thursday and then again Saturday night. I had something going on Saturday, so did not play as much as normal. When I stopped 3 hours before the switch, I had just over 250 specials to turn in, ans was sitting in about 2,500 place. When I got done Saturday evening, turned them in and jumped to somewhere in the 800s. Kept up with my double system. I am currently in 490th place.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who use macros are not in the top 500. They are in first place
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And the VP per hour plots are too consistent for too long of a time to be not a macro.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And the VP per hour plots are too consistent for too long of a time to be not a macro.

I totally agree. That last skirmish without a doubt. I also don’t think DB would not have made a few posts about trying to stop them if they didn’t think so either. They would have said this is not the case and not an issue

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I am not sure that macros are being used currently. I worked the first to Days of the event. When I got off work Friday, I was in about 10,000th place. i started doing double on days I work, and spent $50.00 on Chronitons on Thursday and then again Saturday night. I had something going on Saturday, so did not play as much as normal. When I stopped 3 hours before the switch, I had just over 250 specials to turn in, ans was sitting in about 2,500 place. When I got done Saturday evening, turned them in and jumped to somewhere in the 800s. Kept up with my double system. I am currently in 490th place.

I have 2 profiles, I do not use macros and I am in the 435th and 245th position with them, the question are not those positions, the question is 1st-15th positions, they are unreachable for me. I have lots of saved chronitons, I can compete, but not while I sleep...
    And I must add, this is a turn-based strategy game and an RPG, cunning should beat hours in front of the screen, as a matter of fact, long time exposure of our eyes on this devices is not advisable, so this solution is good in every aspect!
  • Options
    The best solution would be a time limiter across the board. "You may actively be online a maximum of eight hours per 24 hour cycle" and then the game KICKS you off.
    Smart players would open and close the game AS NEEDED and never have a time problem. Macros might still function but no advantage. Eight hours tops. The same as anyone actually playing.