Home The Bridge
Options

Equiping Cyrus Roadblock

SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Really Cyrus needs the exact same 4 items to build 3 of his level 91 -100 gear.....
Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017

Comments

• Options
    He comes under the pita category.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Cyrus is troublesome to FE. I replicated quite a few of his high level items just to get him done and over with.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of trying to level Cyrus Redblock and Yarnek at the same time. It took me three weeks...if I had to do it again, I would rather spend 1-2 million credits on replications than the time it took me to accumulate all of the components. Maybe now that voyages are out it isn’t as bad...I can only hope so, for everyone’s sake.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The replicator is your friend. Plus lots of credits. I bought an extra ticket and doubled each of the 12 runs for Saturday cadet mission to pay for all my hologram leveling and replicating.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your lovely stories have kept my Cyrus at 1/4/1.
  • Options
    Just finished him myself. I refused to replicate and, yeah, he took forever.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's brutal. His build recipes tempt you to use ad-warps, but the missions have low drop-rates, so you spend days trying to get the items rather than just burning the 200K+ credits to replicate the 5* item.
  • Options
    There should be a completion bonus for crew like this one.
    Edit: Make it a standalone achievment even.

That'd be great. It would make all the Klingon Quarks, Rogue Harry Kims, and Section 31 agents of the world more bearable to equip.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was a recent build for me too.... I was confused why his revolver and derby hat needed exactly the same items to build them.

He was my least pleasant build, and that includes Undercover O'Brien with his 10 or 12 5 star Klingon disrupter rifles.
  • Options
    I went the replicator route. I don't have the time nor the patience for people like Cyrus Redblock. The sooner my dealings with them are done the better. And that Derby hat is an affectation I can really do without.

Still, he's made a few voyages since I unfroze him so he's clearly got an ability or two so I might keep him around for a bit. I'm sure that Gloria and Nog and Data can keep him under control.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    My Cyrus has been sitting at 1/3/60 for many moons... Dozens of crew have passed him by on the way to becoming immortal. And still he sits. :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been slowly working on him during this mega, although he's only 2/4 so I've been giving priority to the 4/4s I can freeze when it's over, so only level 60 so far. Lawrence Tierney though... even knowing what a pain he'll be to finish, I'm glad to have him.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I read how bad he was to level and I made the decision to airlock him every time. I am sure when he is the last crew member I need to complete all the 4* I will rue the day I started airlocking him, but until then, off he goes with dear old Wesley. 🤗
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have him at 4/4 Lvl1. I might get around to it one day...
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    He's been one of those oh you have an item no one else needs. Here yo can have it. But since the Mega started he is getting a little more attention, mainly so I can freeze this butt after the event ends.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Roadblock".

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    He was a recent build for me too.... I was confused why his revolver and derby hat needed exactly the same items to build them.

He was my least pleasant build, and that includes Undercover O'Brien with his 10 or 12 5 star Klingon disrupter rifles.

Some crew have repeating builds for their items. The M-113 Creature is just as bad.
  • Options
    He's brutal. His build recipes tempt you to use ad-warps, but the missions have low drop-rates, so you spend days trying to get the items rather than just burning the 200K+ credits to replicate the 5* item.
    "Roadblock".

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ishmael: I feel your pain! I started leveling Cyrus 'Roadblock' when this event began and I also found it to be a troublesome character to equip. My goodness but he needs an AWFUL LOT of 2* Novels! And Ancient Reels as well...but they're relatively easy to come by as they are typically available for Merit or Credit purchase in the Federation store and are also a regularly featured reward for some of the missions on Daily Cadet Challenges. But other items are available only on missions where the drop rate is infinitesimal at best - if not nearly non-existent.

Lincoln: Since I started leveling 'Roadblock' I have had the same sentiments. There oughta be some kind of completion bonus or milestone granted to players who've taken the time and effort to FF/FE this crewmember. It's taking a mammoth effort to gather all the equipment together - and expending a LOT of chrons too. The replication cost is quite high for some of the items, so it isn't exactly a 'good trade off' in that regard. The cost for FF/FE adds up exorbitantly either way.

And I gotta agree that 'Roadblock' certainly seems like an appropriately chosen nickname for this character - at least while he's 'under construction'. ;)

***It's worth noting that I also began leveling Buster Kincaid Kim when this event began as I received the 4th star for the character during a Voyage and did notice that Captain Proton [already FF/FE on my crew roster] is going to be a character for the last leg of this event. I thought perhaps it might be wise to also have Buster Kincaid FF/FE in case that character is included as part of the event. Leveling Buster completely took about 15 minutes of time. So if you've got the character it could be worth the time invested considering the potential for use during the last portion of this Mega-Event***
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I read how bad he was to level and I made the decision to airlock him every time. I am sure when he is the last crew member I need to complete all the 4* I will rue the day I started airlocking him, but until then, off he goes with dear old Wesley. 🤗

Doh, someone at DB is laughing in the background at me today with the new collection release. Time to rue, time to rue.......

I got the last laugh though, the single premium pull from the collection gave me a 2nd star on tempted data, so phooey on Gilligan. 🤗
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAAAAAAND suddenly a new collection appears to make us all feel better about him, lol.

I certainly feel better.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Cyrus is someone I'll start on someday, but right now he's 1/4 so no need to bother yet.
    That said, I wonder if he's worse than Alternate Future Bashir and his god-forsaken 3, 4, and 5* Kukalakas (the 5* needs almost 350 components alone, many of which are 0* medical experiments which are a b---- to get). And I built him before we even had the replicators *has trauma flashbacks*. I might have built him even before we had cadet challenges, but I've repressed the memory to know for sure, but I know for a fact it was before the advent of the replicator.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Cyrus is someone I'll start on someday, but right now he's 1/4 so no need to bother yet.
    That said, I wonder if he's worse than Alternate Future Bashir and his god-forsaken 3, 4, and 5* Kukalakas (the 5* needs almost 350 components alone, many of which are 0* medical experiments which are a b---- to get). And I built him before we even had the replicators *has trauma flashbacks*. I might have built him even before we had cadet challenges, but I've repressed the memory to know for sure, but I know for a fact it was before the advent of the replicator.

He is hard due to his heavy need for Federation faction-only equipment. He requires a lot of it. LOTS. I waited so long to even attempt him that when I finally tried, he wasn't nearly as bad as people said. I was prepared. However, because I wanted him ready in the days before the mega started, I replicated several of his gold items. It was impatience more than anything else. I had the faction items, I was missing some of the high-chroniton cost ad-warpable items.

He has been a small use in the previous faction part and I hope he is useful this weekend. I only have him at 1 star.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replicated my way up to level 100 now I just need my voyage to return with more rep rations so I can finish his last 4 items, can you believe I spent all my ship schematics!?

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just finished him this morning. Replicated the 4* Polymers and one of the pocket watches. Was left with 2 3* polymers left and got them on 3 away missions. Once this event is over his butt is off to the freezer. He did finish level two of the collection. Now to finish Doc Crusher.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

That'd be great. It would make all the Klingon Quarks, Rogue Harry Kims, and Section 31 agents of the world more bearable to equip.

You can add Doctor La Forge and any other La Forge to that list. They are easier than they used to be, before they changed some of the recipes, but it is still painful to build his hydrospanner and toolbox.

Doctor La Forge sat at 70 for me between the rerun of his event "The Game's Afoot" in Nov 2016 and the rerun of "Quadrilateral" in April 2017, where he was bonus crew (and quite invaluable with his Med skill, even at 2/4).
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, he's done - replicated three of his four last items (the tequila wasn't a struggle), and a bunch of ales and Chicago Mobs books earlier once the ancient films ran dry, but I feel like I did enough grinding along the way to feel like I got there more or less honestly. He's still only 2/4 - I'm saving my honour just in case one of the other partially fused holograms I've got is bonus next week - but I'm actually pretty happy about him. And now I can imagine the shouting when I push him in the freezer once the mega's done - "You can't freeze me! I'm Cyrus Redblock!"
  • Options
    3/4 Cyrus Redblock FE. :)