Home The Bridge
Options

Monday Offers October 15th

a533oijnrldk.jpg
3rd week in a row. Zero chance I buy this.

Comments

• Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Nope nope nope nope nope. 43g4scfz99er.png
  • Options
    Dilithium Overload. Again.
  • Options
    a533oijnrldk.jpg
    3rd week in a row. Zero chance I buy this.

Same here. Nopety nope nope.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This oneiv310nvzu75m.png

This is just so lame. I don’t need them in Dabo and I certainly wouldn’t pay $25. How do they not understand there is no one that needs this.
  • Options
    Dilithium Underwhelm.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    hqloqr3bx5kp.png

Pass. That would mean dedicating more crew slots to unfused stuff, which I don't need. I also don't have the chrons to gear them up right now as I'm saving for the skirmish event so this is pointless.

To be fair their offers aren't that impressive, random cards are useless, I don't need junk that sits at 1/4 until the end of times, and I don't really want more ships so all in all unless it's premium shuttle boosts that's a pass for me. There are way too many super rare and legendaries in the drop tables, unless they trim the fat i'll never buy any cards packs.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 for $10 again, but I'm thinking I'll pass.
  • Options
    I got the much fabled 10 packs, which I was very happy with.
    Until of course I opened them 10 packs of uselessness. No legendaries at all and not even a super rare to use.
    Waste of money, gutted.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all this free market research and opt-in focus group information DB has here. Too bad they don't seem to listen to it at all : (
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace_Rimmer wrote: »
    I got the much fabled 10 packs, which I was very happy with.
    Until of course I opened them 10 packs of uselessness. No legendaries at all and not even a super rare to use.
    Waste of money, gutted.

Same here. I think this'll be my final purchase.
  • Options
    10 for $10, but have to pass because money is tight this week. Last week would have been perfect for that offer.
  • Options
    Dil overload. 1000 Dil for 11€. Sounds totally reasonable.

Not in my universe though...
  • Options
    I know there is the law of diminishing returns, but it does feel like it is a bit pointless buying packs after a while.

I would have been happy with one single legendary but to not get that is a slap in the face
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ace_Rimmer wrote: »
    I know there is the law of diminishing returns, but it does feel like it is a bit pointless buying packs after a while.

I would have been happy with one single legendary but to not get that is a slap in the face

In fact that's the opposite for me, been playing for 2 months and the very last thing i need is packs. I need things i can FF; which means galaxy event thresholds and community rewards. Packs would be a waste of space, chronitons and money for me. There isn't enough chrons in the world to gear up mediocre 3* and 1/4s from packs and event characters at the same time. Now if I was at a stage where I could afford having 20-30 cards waiting that may be a fine offer, but imo for an early-ish player, buying a card pack is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Like I said earlier, random packs are too cluttered with SR/gold trash, this is why they're rarely a wise purchase.
  • Options
    Something that is not the 10 for 10, which leads me to believe that DB just doesn't want my money this week.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dilithium Overload. Again.

Same here.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    You may as well try and charge me for zero star alcohol7lbq5bs6blau.png

Allow me to demonstrate how little anyone needs this

12,000+...whoa. I thought over 9,000 Prakash schematics was a lot:

ve1ir232rndp.png
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dilithium overload here, easy pass though as all the offers are total tosh
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    $10 Dilithium Overload.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all this free market research and opt-in focus group information DB has here. Too bad they don't seem to listen to it at all : (

Yes and no. In general, the 10-for-$10 (USD) offer seems to be the one with the greatest (though not universal) demand. For least demand, it feels like Sail the Starry Skies gets the most hate. But... today, near the top, Plunder the Galaxy (which is really just a big 10-for-10 deal with extra Dil) got a "five-nope" response, but it's not clear as to why. What is DB to do with that feedback? Is it too expensive for a single purchase, or not the collection of goodies that people want, or...?

I got Grow Your Crew (15 packs, 1500 Dil, 1500 VIP) for $25 USD. In the DB price-point universe, this offer has reasonable value (in my view). Essentially it's 15 packs for $1 each (same as 10-for-10), plus 50% off the normal dilithium price, plus whatever extra dilithium you get for your VIP level (so even more than 50% off). So it's a decent enough offer. I did not buy it, however, because I can rarely afford to spend that much in a single purchase. Bankroll is my limiting factor - more than the fact that I have almost no 4* crew left to acquire.

I would love to see an offer of 2x legendary beholds for $10 though. ;)
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    10 for $10. Saved $10 and continued frustration. All guaranteed beholds of crew I actually need stars for and yea I’d spring the money. Until that happens and it won’t in my lifetime I’m not pulling the slot machine handle anymore. The only thing I will give DB any money for is the monthly card after 2 years the only thing that has any actual real value and hasn’t been nerfed to death.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Second week in a row, still do math, f8tzahagf24v.png
    regular price, $20=1900 dil, SPECIAL price $25=2100 dil. Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I see missing is “ the amazing value”, good news is you also get vip bonus, bad news is at max vip you spent a fortune to max it. Being VIP just makes me feel so warm and toasty inside. Much lighter in the wallet too.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    StSS
  • Options
    StSS, but the most hilariously terrible StSS ever:

50$ for 1300 Borg, NX01, and Bounty Schematics.
  • Options
    Dil Overload again...
    I stopped buying standard portal pulls because there is too high a chance of getting useless ship schematics and the same old 3* crew. Time they separated ships and crew and perhaps look up the definition of "rare" in a dictionary?