Home The Bridge
Options

Data V First To Max 10/11/2018...?

How was Data V maxed out 4 days ago? Unless I’m mistaken, today is the first day anyone was able to get a crack at him from the ranked rewards right? I’m just confused about this.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got him from Dabo and used honor to FF.
  • Options
    he was in the dabo wheel for some people before the event. this was brought up in the event discussion. :)
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, there is no flag that prevents a character from showing up in Dabo, so once they're in the wild, anything goes.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, even an ex spender like me would be tempted by an early shot in dabo.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, even an ex spender like me would be tempted by an early shot in dabo.

What’s going to get risky is that if they show up in Dabo on say Saturday you have no way of knowing if the card is maxed or not. You could wind up spending 10k+ dil on dabo only to see someone else already maxed the card.

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

What’s going to get risky is that if they show up in Dabo on say Saturday you have no way of knowing if the card is maxed or not. You could wind up spending 10k+ dil on dabo only to see someone else already maxed the card.

Somehow I don't think that someone who spends that much to get his or her name in a game that will most likely not survive the next five years isn't ready to lose this cash entirely.
  • Options
    Gloria f.e. was available on someones dabo as well, but wasn t immortalized before she dropped on mondays event end, as ranked reward for top 1000.
    So i don t think it will happen often, that an event legendary gets immortalized early from dabo. Sometimes yes, but not every week.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I remember the good old days when you didn’t need a wheelbarrow full of cash to get your name “ in lights”. I don’t even want to guess how much in total it cost to brand that Data V.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    I remember the good old days when you didn’t need a wheelbarrow full of cash to get your name “ in lights”. I don’t even want to guess how much in total it cost to brand that Data V.

$80 and 200,000 honor according to the person that did it.
    That has to be a record FTM on the new Data. Reckon @Zombie Squirrel did it in around 2min. Congrats!

Didn t do it in 2 mins. I s**k in prefarming items. :D Got him from dabo on thursday and used 200k honor.

And if u consider 80 bucks a „fat wallet“ ur welcome. ;)
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/118538/#Comment_118538
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Even in the "bad new days" ;) you don´t need a wheelbarrow full of cash for that! Let´s say someone has saved up the returns from the monthly card for a lil more than 5 months, bought one DYC offer, did the other 3 citations with saved up honor in best case that would be around 50 bucks. Surely an amount that many here are not willing to pay, but hardly a wheelbarrow full of cash...

By many of your postings it is clear you are still suffering from buyers remorse for your past spendings, but you should really get over it some day. You cannot take them back anyway. If you regret them at least they were a lesson. And if you still kinda enjoy this game obviously without people spending STT would be long gone. So you played your part in prolonging the life of it. Many things in games and life are simply a matter of the viewing angle...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I tried looking around for this info but couldn’t find it
  • Options
    I was saving honor for a gold FTM but realistically the number of times I've had a Dabo gold is zero so I'm probably wasting my honor.

Well done @Zombie Squirrel you is done what I wanted to do. Good job!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloria f.e. was available on someones dabo as well, but wasn t immortalized before she dropped on mondays event end, as ranked reward for top 1000.
    So i don t think it will happen often, that an event legendary gets immortalized early from dabo. Sometimes yes, but not every week.

I know. I was trying to make Gloria my first 5* FTM. I didn’t originally decided to try it until I realized I was to level 80 and nobody had done it yet. I was able to get her to level 100 and everything fully equipped except for being short one ancient reel. Once I got to that point it was a full five minutes before someone finally got it. In those five minutes I was running Federation shuttles like crazy using 5* speed boosts and dilithium to instantly complete. I was able to run close to 20 shuttles in those five minutes and didn’t get a single ancient reel to drop. My heart dropped when I saw Paladin beat me to it at that point.

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone trying for these, the first to max note on cards updates when the crew joins your roster and when you restart the app (and when you immortalize only if you get the ftm)

Gloria was slow, but she was still maxed under 5 minutes from the event end, so if you claimed right at the event end she won’t show as maxed until a restart, regardless of how long it took for her to be maxed.

The safe (from a cite preservation standpoint) thing is to restart the app after fe, but before citing to see if maxed, however that could cause a delay that makes you miss it (part of why trying for these is very risky now, you don’t know no one else has maxed at the precise moment you cite).
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty competitive to be FTM these days, It took me 11 minutes to level Gloria but that was without prefarmed items.

I know. I was trying to make Gloria my first 5* FTM. I didn’t originally decided to try it until I realized I was to level 80 and nobody had done it yet. I was able to get her to level 100 and everything fully equipped except for being short one ancient reel. Once I got to that point it was a full five minutes before someone finally got it. In those five minutes I was running Federation shuttles like crazy using 5* speed boosts and dilithium to instantly complete. I was able to run close to 20 shuttles in those five minutes and didn’t get a single ancient reel to drop. My heart dropped when I saw Paladin beat me to it at that point.
    I managed to FE Gloria in 10 minutes but still not fast enough. I don't mind though as @Paladin 27 is my fleet mate so Its all good.

I doubt I would spend the 80$ on Dabo to be FTM
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    While we're on the First to Max topic ...

I always wondered how Locutus of Borg shows the date 21st May 2016 (just after the game came out I think) ... when the wiki states that he was first introduced to the game on 31st January 2017.

Or was that Customer support issue a whole 7 months earlier? How would that person ([BL] Absalom) have added stars if Honor was only introduced at a much later date? Did CS give out 5 copies of Locutus?
  • Options
    For everyone trying for these, the first to max note on cards updates when the crew joins your roster and when you restart the app (and when you immortalize only if you get the ftm)

Gloria was slow, but she was still maxed under 5 minutes from the event end, so if you claimed right at the event end she won’t show as maxed until a restart, regardless of how long it took for her to be maxed.

The safe (from a cite preservation standpoint) thing is to restart the app after fe, but before citing to see if maxed, however that could cause a delay that makes you miss it (part of why trying for these is very risky now, you don’t know no one else has maxed at the precise moment you cite).

Always restart the game - that's what CS told me. I was certain I'd FTM'd Killy and was gutted when @eXo | Frank beat me to it. One day the two of us will meet in the Gauntlet sir and then I'll have my revenge :wink:
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    While we're on the First to Max topic ...

I always wondered how Locutus of Borg shows the date 21st May 2016 (just after the game came out I think) ... when the wiki states that he was first introduced to the game on 31st January 2017.

Or was that Customer support issue a whole 7 months earlier? How would that person ([BL] Absalom) have added stars if Honor was only introduced at a much later date? Did CS give out 5 copies of Locutus?

There was a bug in the early premium packs where they were not dropping the correct rewards, so you could ask for any crew you wanted. So CS gave them out when people asked for him. You just had to be in the know that he was available as a crew.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The good old days before honor where you had to spend $100 on the offer, $25 on DYC, and hope 2 more copies drop in your 10 packs or keep buying? Or the good old days with honor where you had to spend $100 on the offer, maybe the $25 DYC, hope for the packs, and finish with honor?

FTM a 5* has always been a competition for people willing to spend the money. If anything the new changes makes it possible for someone to do it for less/nothing if no one gets the card from dabo, or you get the card from dabo on a credit spin.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    *Deleted*
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭

Always restart the game - that's what CS told me. I was certain I'd FTM'd Killy and was gutted when @eXo | Frank beat me to it. One day the two of us will meet in the Gauntlet sir and then I'll have my revenge :wink:

I bought Killy off Dabo the day before, so she was done early.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The good old days before honor where you had to spend $100 on the offer, $25 on DYC, and hope 2 more copies drop in your 10 packs or keep buying? Or the good old days with honor where you had to spend $100 on the offer, maybe the $25 DYC, hope for the packs, and finish with honor?

FTM a 5* has always been a competition for people willing to spend the money. If anything the new changes makes it possible for someone to do it for less/nothing if no one gets the card from dabo, or you get the card from dabo on a credit spin.

I get chills when thinking of how much money I spent pulling event packs to obtain more stars on legendaries in the dark times before honor and citations were introduced. Even though they are no longer my top crew for their respective skills, I am prouder of having immortalized Crell Moset, Grand Nagus Rom, and Mirror Kirk than I am any other legendary because those three were done the hard way.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of folks still have honor windfalls from Polywater Yar and the Voyage crew refunds. F2M can be deflating right now, because lots of folks seem primed to make a run, and chunk all their resources at the first few available cards. Others will play the long game and save for a day when there is less competition. Still, event Golds are likely to be Dabo maxed before they ever drop as a final reward on Monday.

The OG crew from 3 years ago all show a F2M date of like 5/16 or 5/21 or something. That's because it wasn't tracked in the beginning. Those were all gathered on the forums in the early days by players showing up in a thread and claiming the F2M right. That was old school.