Home The Bridge
Options

Can we expect reward extentions for the Gauntlet and Voyages?

So thankfully we finally have the dilithium reward for immortalizing crew up to 600, which is great.

Is this development going to be consistent across the board? For the loyal captains who have stuck with the game, extending the long term rewards can only create good vibes. Do it soon DB I’m almost at 2000 voyage dilemmas! :)

Answers

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Polywater Yar anger slowly subsiding............ Feeling better........ 🙂
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Guinan at 30000 gauntlet rounds would be nice.
  • Options
    The reason why they added locutus to the achievement is because a lot of people didn't receive him, he was featured character for a very short time. Chances are that they will not add guinan to the achievement. A more realistic thing would be for them to add guinan to the honor hall.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why they added locutus to the achievement is because a lot of people didn't receive him, he was featured character for a very short time. Chances are that they will not add guinan to the achievement. A more realistic thing would be for them to add guinan to the honor hall.
    Or to packs. Personally I would rather Caretaker added, but then I have 6 Guinans and until recently zero caretakers.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭

Power creep to the rescue then.
  • Options
    As a consistent gauntlet player, I got Locutus loooong ago! But I have yet to see Guinan or the Caretaker (except when trying to outwit them). So either would be nice for me.
  • Options
    Maybe they should just drop Kahless at 30K, then Capt Crusher at 40K, then add 2 new ones to the Honor Hall...?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only just passed 18k myself. Already started citing Locutus up...round 20000 will also be the day I max the borg collection
  • Options
    I wrote this post because it seems with DB we get a lot of rewards latently rather than laid out before us in good time. Sure, it’s better late than never, but I’d like to see some long term rewards planned out and published stretching out far into the future
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should just drop Kahless at 30K, then Capt Crusher at 40K, then add 2 new ones to the Honor Hall...?

I think most of you don't realise how insanely grindy 20k rounds are. Please stop. Earlier rewards would be fine, but not later ones...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it's a grind, but many players are past 20k now (I'm at 19k). The number that reach this level are only going to increase. I'm also at 1900 dilemmas, and I know I'm not close to leading in that stat either. This is an easy thing to add reward tiers for, and it keeps providing goals for player engagement.
  • Options
    Of course it's a grind, but many players are past 20k now (I'm at 19k). The number that reach this level are only going to increase. I'm also at 1900 dilemmas, and I know I'm not close to leading in that stat either. This is an easy thing to add reward tiers for, and it keeps providing goals for player engagement.

Exactly! One of the best parts of the game is achieving the rewards, everybody likes receiving rewards for investing their time and money in the game.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

I think most of you don't realise how insanely grindy 20k rounds are. Please stop. Earlier rewards would be fine, but not later ones...

Except a lot of people have already achieved 20k?
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except a lot of people have already achieved 20k?
    Alot of people haven't (yours truly included) its all relative. I like the achievement and I am not in any rush to get more stuff for more rounds of Gauntlet as it becomes rather tiresome given the Mirror Picard walls. I would ratther see the characters added to the drop tables, or some other way of obtaining them (for those who are unlucky enough not to have them).

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    wow do you guys use a lot of dil on gauntlet? cause I participate a ton, and I'm only at 15k.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    wow do you guys use a lot of dil on gauntlet? cause I participate a ton, and I'm only at 15k.

I have never spent a single dil on Gauntlet, and hit 20K rounds a couple of weeks ago.

There are lots of tricks to improve your Gauntlet performance, so try experimenting or considering alternative tactics, like red-shirting. Gauntlet has been extremely profitable for me - it even gave me my First Officer Burnham! - so I think it's well worth investing a little thought into it.
  • Options
    I tend to try and get a run of streaks at the start, then deliberately fail everyone so people can drop me down the leaderboard and I get 5 additional 'plays' towards the achievement. Then I'll see how it goes, usually I get one or two streaks per play and then fail another 5. I got a begold from a single rare pull from a gauntlet drop last week: my first Mirror Data. Leveled just in time for this week's event. I never win a gauntlet (gave up ages ago - this is mostly because the last few runs are overnight for me).
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use gauntlet as a merit farm. I try to get as long a streak as possible in day 1, and then in Day 2 do as much as possible, red shirting if need be. If I'm at streak 0, with one crew left, and no matching skills, I'll use them... If anything to increase the round count by 1.

I have come first in gauntlet 4 times, I have gained 2 Locutus, 4 Guinean and 2 Caretaker (not to mention other golds I received through merit pulls or blue portal pulls I have gained from streaks/rank boxes). Plus, a ton of honour from airlocking all the rubbish I get from portal pulls and merit pulls (which I obtain from gauntlet).

But most importantly: it's 5 minutes of my time, providing me with a small amount of amusement, for free. This is something you can't put a value on!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »

I have never spent a single dil on Gauntlet, and hit 20K rounds a couple of weeks ago.

There are lots of tricks to improve your Gauntlet performance, so try experimenting or considering alternative tactics, like red-shirting. Gauntlet has been extremely profitable for me - it even gave me my First Officer Burnham! - so I think it's well worth investing a little thought into it.

Sorry for the newb question.

But two of you mentioned it, what is red shirting?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sacrificing a crew to a battle you know they will lose, either for the purpose of getting a new lineup of opponents, or simply to use up more battles to get closer to the next Achievement award. (Usually the former.) Named after "red shirts" — the usually-nameless crew members in TOS who wore red shirts and often were the first to die on away missions.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Engaging in a battle where there is 0 chance of success thereby killing your crew member.
  • Options
    I do a similar thing:
    Day one go for streaks.... when the streak inevitably ends, I go for merits... I win gauntlet probably 75% of the time (no dil refill), and I have six caretakers. I only started playing as Guinan left the gauntlet, but I was incredibly lucky enough to get one copy of her.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Sacrificing a crew to a battle you know they will lose, either for the purpose of getting a new lineup of opponents, or simply to use up more battles to get closer to the next Achievement award. (Usually the former.) Named after "red shirts" — the usually-nameless crew members in TOS who wore red shirts and often were the first to die on away missions.

Thanks Data, I do that method, I just didn't realize it had a name lol. appreciate the explanation.