Home Ready Room
Options

What to do with all this honor?

I currently have 123941 honor as well as 1 citation that I recieved a few months back. I’m having a hard time choosing what do do with them. I’m trying to immortalize characters to put in the vault as well as trying to free up space to bring some out on occasion.

I have Captain Janeway and the Duras sisters that are level 100 almost fully leveled and they both have 2 out of 4 stars. First Officer Saru is level 90 also with 2 out of 4 stars.

The following are 3/4 stars but lower leveled.

Victorian Pulaski 60
Doctor Chapel 40
Nurse Faith Garland 40
Marla McGivers 40
Disguised Tuvok 20
Vic Fontain 20
Tourist Reed 10
Army Chaplain Odo 10
Sarina Douglas 10

I have some 2 out of 4 as well but I’ll start with these ones.

Are any of these especially difficult to get in the premium packs? Thanks for all the help guys.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend saving them for gold crew.
  • Options
    Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I recommend saving them for gold crew.

I was thinking of doing that but at the moment I have 125 crew slots and they are always full. I was hoping to use the honor to put some characters in the vault. I was going to use the rest for legendaries later. I have way too many 4* characters. (97) I don’t use most of them but it seems like a waste to toss them if I could level them up.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Tossing purple 4* crew does seem a waste. I've never done it, though I have had to freeze good crew. I suggest instead to toss all non-cadet green and blue crew, starting with the lowest. Also, don't open any more portal packs until you are ready. When I was at that point, I had over 20 premium 10x pulls available. You'll get there. I had a month with lessened voyage successes due to freezing crew to avoid tossing others, but it ended making me stronger.

If you have no lower crew to toss and no higher crew to freeze, as is possible, then:

Victorian Pulaski 60 she was good to me when I was relatively new
    Doctor Chapel 40 I immediately froze her once I finished her
    *Nurse Faith Garland 40 I use her in gauntlet all the time, often over Phlox
    Marla McGivers 40 I froze her once I leveled her, but she was the pride of my crew when I was a new player
    Disguised Tuvok 20 I've never really used him, but I don't think I have him fully fused, so that could be why
    Vic Fontain 20 He will be event crew this weekend. Level him and hope to win more copies.
    *Tourist Reed 10 Good crew. He will likely help you out a lot. Cite him to use
    *Army Chaplain Odo 10 I don't think he is in the portal. He is new. Consider a citation and then freeze him
    *Sarina Douglas 10 She is my number 4 base and number 6 combined science. Keep her.

The four in front of whom I put an asterisk are your best bets. If you tossed the others, they would eventually return, though I would try to avoid that. Do you have other 1/4 crew to toss?

Also, I strongly recommend leaving all non-fully-fused crew from now on (unless they are announced as event crew) at level 2 until you are ready to level them. Also I strongly recommend working on no more than 4 crew at a time.

Good luck. Please let me know here or by personal message if this helps and/or if you want more advice. Also, take my advice and all other advice seriously, but with caution: our advice may not suit your personal style and needs. But most of us truly desire to help each other.

Edit: I just checked. I have not frozen Marla. She is my number 6 base diplomacy, so sh makes the occasional shuttle, but she is my 23 in combined skill and never makes a voyage so she is on my list of possible to-freeze crew.

Edit 2: I looked at Disguised Tuvok. It turns out I have him immortalized, but he only barely makes my top 10 science. That is why he isn't frozen yet, but I can't honestly remember the last time I used him. He may be frozen this weekend for the new Quark.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of some of those 4 Stars. If you have a bunch you will find some of them are totally useless. Then you will have crew slots and then use that honor on 5 star crew. Citing 4 stars will always be a total waste of honor
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the 3/4's you listed, I'd definitely consider leveling up (and possibly citing) Faith Garland.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Do you have other 1/4 crew to toss?

My 1/4 crew are

Ambassador K’Ehleyr
    Dahar Master Kor
    Icheb*
    Commander Barak
    Anbo-jyutsu Riker*
    Liaison Torres*
    Resistence Shakaar
    Tourist Quark
    Prospect Michael Burnham
    Mirror Uhura
    Commando Shran
    Duchamps*
    Prisoner O’Brien*
    Grand Proxy Quark
    Katra McCoy
    Berlinghoff Rasmussen
    Dr. Hippocrates Noah
    Buster Kincaid Kim*
    Graduation Michael Burnham
    Mirror Janeway*
    Mirror Jadzia Dax
    Sarek
    Assimilated Tuvok*
    Mirror Geordi La Forge*
    Tash*
    Commander Uhura
    Alidar Jarok
    Cardassian Kira
    Ikat’ika
    The President of the Earth*
    Kazon Seska
    Klingon Torres*
    Young Khan
    Mirror Keiko*
    Jannar
    Arik Soong*
    Captain Proton Paris*
    Ba’ku Worf*
    Silik
    Amanda Greyson
    Antaak
    Prospero Data*
    Holonovel Doctor*
    Festive Lwaxana Troi*
    Combat Medic Paris*
    Subcommander T’Rul
    Pugilist Q*
    Warship Chakotay*
    Sherrif Worf*
    Doctor La Forge*
    Maquis Eddington
    Luther Sloan

The crew with an asterix* are crew that I will not get rid of. I really want to keep all Voyager and Next Gen crew.

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not going to miss any of the following crew, and imo they can be safely airlocked:

Dahar Master Kor
    Resistence Shakaar
    Berlinghoff Rasmussen
    Kazon Seska
    Silik
    Amanda Greyson
    Subcommander T’Rul
    Maquis Eddington
    Luther Sloan

Also, I'd suggest you level up Antaak, as he is very good in Gauntlet. You don't need to worry about getting any more stars on him for now.

• Options
    Thought I should post my 2/4 stars too. Once again the crew with the asterix are the ones I do not want to get rid of. (Mostly cause they are Next Gen or Voyager crew.

Captain Janeway (100)*
    Duras Sisters(100)
    First Officer Saru (90)
    Niners Rom
    Mirror Phlox
    Klingon Neelix*
    Klingon O’Brien*
    Bajoran Dukat
    Augment Riker*
    Tuvix*
    Rakal Troi*
    Lieutenant Valeris
    Tieran Possessed Kes*
    Mutated Paris*
    Commander Karas
    Commander Sela*
    Xindi Prisoner Archer
    Ambassador Sarek
    Mirror Leeta
    Diseased Changeling Founder
    Herbert Rossoff
    Mirror Garak
    Chief O’Brien*
    Admiral Ross
    Lady Beverly*
    Rogue Harry Kim*
    Profitable Ishka
    Commander Barclay*

• Options
    You might want to check collections to see if any are useful to you before airlocking
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    You might want to check collections to see if any are useful to you before airlocking

Almost forgot about that. Thanks!

• Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    I use honor only for gold citations.
  • Options
    @Data1001 gives advice that is generally better than average. I would trust his assessment, but add that T'Rul has the rare combination of Romulan and engineer.

I would also point out that your desire to keep all Next Generation and Voyager crew, regardless of value, is commendable, (play your way and be proud,) but it will limit your other options and might hinder progress.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Save it for Legendary crew.

Staring Superrares might seem important now, but once you've got a strong enough voyage crew, you'll get all the purple crew that you want, need or know what to do with. You need to build up a strong bench of good 5/5 Legendaries first, though.
  • Options
    The echo others, don't waste it on 4* star crew - most of these will drop via voyages and portal drops.

If you're hurting for space, drop a couple out of the airlock for now, and rinse and repeat as needed as time goes on. Painful, but you'll see them again. And again. And again.

Have a look at the wiki for stats, and start by picking off the weakest crew unlikely to give event bonuses and work up from there.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    Have a look at the wiki for stats, and start by picking off the weakest crew unlikely to give event bonuses and work up from there.
    This is sooo true!!! I have lost count at the times I have recieved ceartain crew that keep dropping. Don't waste honour FF 4* crew instead drop some poor stat crew and ones which don't clear a collection into the abyss.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Data1001 gives advice that is generally better than average. I would trust his assessment, but add that T'Rul has the rare combination of Romulan and engineer.

I would also point out that your desire to keep all Next Generation and Voyager crew, regardless of value, is commendable, (play your way and be proud,) but it will limit your other options and might hinder progress.

100% Agreed!
    I'm surprised Data said to toss her. T'Rul is one of the highest Super Rare engineers, and she's 3 skill.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    z1kwu1jeguby.jpg
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

100% Agreed!
    I'm surprised Data said to toss her. T'Rul is one of the highest Super Rare engineers, and she's 3 skill.

High base, yes — but awful proficiency. So, alright for shuttles, I suppose, but not much else. My judgement, however, was mainly based on two factors: her not being a main cast character, and her needing so many Romulan faction-only items (and thus being a pain to level).

As far as ENG — and not knowing what Legendaries the OP may have to cover that skill — Prisoner O'Brien (who they already stated they are hanging on to) also has 3 skills, and his combined ENG stat is higher than T'Rul's. Not to mention that he's useful in the Arena, and of course is main cast crew.

Personally, I never found T'Rul helpful at all, but perhaps if I had gotten her early on in my gameplay, she might've been somewhat useful.

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

100% Agreed!

High base, yes — but awful proficiency. So, alright for shuttles, I suppose, but not much else. My judgement, however, was mainly based on two factors: her not being a main cast character, and her needing so many Romulan faction-only items (and thus being a pain to level).

As far as ENG — and not knowing what Legendaries the OP may have to cover that skill — Prisoner O'Brien (who they already stated they are hanging on to) also has 3 skills, and his combined ENG stat is higher than T'Rul's. Not to mention that he's useful in the Arena, and of course is main cast crew.

Personally, I never found T'Rul helpful at all, but perhaps if I had gotten her early on in my gameplay, she might've been somewhat useful.

122nd of 161 3-skill 4* voyagers. 1 non-mega Romulan event. Unless she would be one of your top base ENG for faction events with thin bonus crew, her stats are rather superfluous. Those double collections are quite nice, though - only 30 super rares can claim that.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    122nd of 161 3-skill 4* voyagers. 1 non-mega Romulan event. Unless she would be one of your top base ENG for faction events with thin bonus crew, her stats are rather superfluous. Those double collections are quite nice, though - only 30 super rares can claim that.

... and the Romulan collection isn't trivial to complete without working through some meh crew anyway, so may be worth holding long enough to freeze based on that. A double header to help with Veteran convinced me to (even if it is much easier).
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for all the wonderful info guys. After all the wonderful advice I think I’ll combine 2 of the biggest pieces of advice.
    Citing your Legendary crew will actually make FFing your 4*s easier. Stronger 5*s mean longer voyages. Long voyages means higher likelihood of 4* drops, allowing you to (potentially) fuse them.
    furyd wrote: »

If you're hurting for space, drop a couple out of the airlock for now, and rinse and repeat as needed as time goes on. Painful, but you'll see them again. And again. And again.

I’ll save the citations for the legendaries and airlock a few of the ones that I really don’t need or want. I’ll work mostly on leveling up my legendaries which will give me longer voyages.

Now for the new question. Which legendaries should I use a citation on?

I have

3/5 stars

Surak (70)

2/5 stars

Minuet (10) (who I’ll get in the upcoming events anyways)

1/5
    Mirror Jean-Luc Picard (100)
    Mariachi Q (60)
    Suus Mahna Sarek (50)
    Mirror Regent Worf (40)
    Beowolf Kim (40)
    Will Scarlett (40)
    EV Suit Archer (20)
    Bell Riots Bashir (20)
    Mademoiselle de Neuf (10)
    Dancing Chekov (10)

My first thoughts would be Picard or finish Surak but they are already pretty good. Are there any others that would be really good for voyages if I leveled them up?

EDIT

Just realized that someone else gave me this advice at the very beginning. Thanks Banjo!!

Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Get rid of some of those 4 Stars. If you have a bunch you will find some of them are totally useless. Then you will have crew slots and then use that honor on 5 star crew. Citing 4 stars will always be a total waste of honor

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'll toot my own horn and reference my spreadsheet I maintain:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v97w1ji56MLpCBBhR3xoZpAW8yx5jYoWmH2jNKq27TI/edit#gid=724122454

There is a tab called "[Voyage] Stats" that sort all characters by their respective voyage scores.

Of the ones you listed, I'd rate the following as your best options:
    • Surak
    • Mirror Jean-Luc Picard
    • Dancing Chekov
    • Bell Riots Bashir

Note, there's a good bit of dropoff between Surak/Picard and Chekov and Bashir. I would recommend finishing off Picard, first, because he'll be bonus crew in any Picard-based events while Surak isn't that likely to see any further event action outside of an "all Vulcans" event.
  • Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v97w1ji56MLpCBBhR3xoZpAW8yx5jYoWmH2jNKq27TI/edit#gid=724122454

There is a tab called "[Voyage] Stats" that sort all characters by their respective voyage scores.

• Surak
    • Mirror Jean-Luc Picard
    • Dancing Chekov
    • Bell Riots Bashir

Note, there's a good bit of dropoff between Surak/Picard and Chekov and Bashir. I would recommend finishing off Picard, first, because he'll be bonus crew in any Picard-based events while Surak isn't that likely to see any further event action outside of an "all Vulcans" event.

While this is great advice, also consider your current crew's weakest voyages when considering which of those on Peachtree's suggestion list to do first. Since you did not list a legendary engineer at all, that might be an area to focus on your 4* crew (or you just omitted Ruafo because he's maxed and you can't cite him, in which case you're probably doing ok for eng).

Since there are less MED crew than others, I want to mention Bell Riots Bashir has been a ridiculously frequent voyager for me since that mega. Between sometimes hard to fill crew slots, and also having VERY strong diplomacy (a very common skill on voyages), he's extremely useful. Any of those are great choices, but since MED can be hard to come by I'm betting he might be a good fit for you too.
  • Options

• Surak
    • Mirror Jean-Luc Picard
    • Dancing Chekov
    • Bell Riots Bashir

While this is great advice, also consider your current crew's weakest voyages when considering which of those on Peachtree's suggestion list to do first. Since you did not list a legendary engineer at all, that might be an area to focus on your 4* crew (or you just omitted Ruafo because he's maxed and you can't cite him, in which case you're probably doing ok for eng).

Since there are less MED crew than others, I want to mention Bell Riots Bashir has been a ridiculously frequent voyager for me since that mega. Between sometimes hard to fill crew slots, and also having VERY strong diplomacy (a very common skill on voyages), he's extremely useful. Any of those are great choices, but since MED can be hard to come by I'm betting he might be a good fit for you too.

Looking at the voyage I have going on right now my weakest seem to be engineering and Medical although if I emptied some slots I could get Drone Seven of Nine and Bridge Officer Troi back. I temporarily froze them but have been unable to get them back since due to lack of space.

At the moment I have 3439 command, 2333 diplomacy, 3483 security, and 3426 science. My medical is only at 916 and engineering at 885
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've posted elsewhere, I would use citations only on legendary crew, and I would focus this way:

1. mega event legendaries that you've already gotten to 4/5* -- the fifth * usually gives the biggest bump.
    2. main cast crew with the strongest stats who help your roster. Main cast are more likely to show up in future events.

In this case, I think it argues for citing Mirror Picard as he is main cast, shows up often in events, and has excellent stats.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Which tab should I be looking at exactly? Total? Or the specific skill that I’m looking for? While I do want to keep the crew really good for voyages at the moment I also don’t want a bunch of the same one and have none for a specific weakness.

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Which tab should I be looking at exactly? Total? Or the specific skill that I’m looking for? While I do want to keep the crew really good for voyages at the moment I also don’t want a bunch of the same one and have none for a specific weakness.

The "[Voyage] Stats" tab has both and overall column (which it's sorted by) and the individual breakdowns.

Synthetic commander makes some good points (that you might get better mileage out of looking at stats you are weak in. One thing I'll add to that is you might be better off waiting until you acquire a 5* that actually has the pair you're looking for rather than spending honor to cite a 4* that happens to have it.

MED was something I was very weak in to begin with when voyages first came out. Then Cornwell and Bell Riots Bashir were released as mega crew which really solidified MED/DIP.

• Options
    edited October 2018

The "[Voyage] Stats" tab has both and overall column (which it's sorted by) and the individual breakdowns.

Synthetic commander makes some good points (that you might get better mileage out of looking at stats you are weak in. One thing I'll add to that is you might be better off waiting until you acquire a 5* that actually has the pair you're looking for rather than spending honor to cite a 4* that happens to have it.

MED was something I was very weak in to begin with when voyages first came out. Then Cornwell and Bell Riots Bashir were released as mega crew which really solidified MED/DIP.

Would it be a good idea at some point (maybe not now) to get beholds instead of citations? To get better crew?
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Would it be a good idea at some point (maybe not now) to get beholds instead of citations? To get better crew?
    Beholds are always risky; you don't know what your gonna get and not all gold cards are in the portal.

If you can rank sub 1000 regularly then its far better to spend the honour on an event prize imho than risk it on a behold. With skill creep the newer event crew (Prof Sato anyone??) are more powerful than the older ones diluting the legendary behold pool.

DB: Do Better