Home Make It So!
Options

Recommendation: Sell Excess Equipment for Credits

I know I've felt the sting of lack of credits like many others recently. One recommendation I would make would be the ability to convert some excess equipment into credits, similar to how we can dismiss crew for honor.

For example, I have over 700 0* alcohol. It would be nice if I could dump like 500 or 600 of those for credits. Possibly having a scale similar to the honor system, more credits for higher rarity items.

For example:
0* = 250 credits.
1* = 500 credits
2* = 1000 credits
3* = 1500 credits
4* = 2000 credits

So if I were to cash in 100 0* alcohols, I could get 25,000 credits.
"If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."

Comments

• Options
    +1 here!

This idea works from a story-line standpoint, too. A starship wouldn't just travel the cosmos collecting equipment to infinity. There would be visits to starbases and encounters with other races that would facilitate the ability trade or sell unnecessary or excess items for items that are useful to the crew of the ship.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the amount of credits should scale up a bit more after the basic items, but I fully agree that items should be able to get sold on a market like buying it from factions (for example selling something that matches a faction would sell for a slightly higher price).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I think the amount of credits should scale up a bit more after the basic items, but I fully agree that items should be able to get sold on a market like buying it from factions (for example selling something that matches a faction would sell for a slightly higher price).

And those were pretty much numbers I pulled out of the air. Was trying to come up with numbers that weren't insanely low, but also not completely unbalanced.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."