Home The Bridge
Options

Faction skill pair frequencies

5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in The Bridge
So, I wasn't able to find this info anywhere else, and thought I'd calculate and share. Apologies if this has been done already. Below are the frequencies with which skills/skill pairs will show up in crew slots, assuming random draws across all factions, and equal chances of the faction's missions appearing once a faction is selected (which I haven't yet verified).

[UPDATE 10/31 - Recomputed using info shared by RaraRacing and Captain Pugwash below, since wiki is out of date. Includes all daily shuttle missions listed in thread below, and updates 5 of the remaining KCA missions.... will re-edit once all are recorded]

DIP and CMD - 10.74%
SEC - 10.38%
DIP - 8.88%
SEC and CMD - 6.53%
SCI - 5.50%
DIP or SEC - 5.13%
CMD - 5.12%
ENG - 4.99%
CMD and DIP - 4.99%
ENG or SCI - 4.65%
MED - 3.67%
DIP and SEC - 3.40%
CMD and SEC - 3.23%
MED or SCI - 2.07%
SEC or SCI - 1.90%
CMD or DIP - 1.65%
SEC or ENG - 1.42%
CMD or SCI - 1.25%
DIP and SCI - 1.24%
CMD or SEC - 1.22%
CMD or ENG - 1.18%
DIP or SCI - 1.11%
SCI and DIP - 1.05%
SCI and CMD - 0.87%
SEC and DIP - 0.78%
SEC and ENG - 0.77%
DIP or ENG - 0.75%
SCI and ENG - 0.66%
SEC and SCI - 0.64%
DIP or MED - 0.56%
ENG or MED - 0.46%
DIP and MED - 0.46%
ENG and CMD - 0.45%
CMD and ENG - 0.43%
MED and DIP - 0.37%
ENG and SCI - 0.33%
CMD or MED - 0.27%
SCI and MED - 0.18%
SCI and SEC - 0.18%
CMD and SCI - 0.18%
ENG and SEC - 0.17%
ENG and DIP - 0.16%

Do not appear in seats: SEC or MED, CMD and MED, MED and CMD, ENG and MED, MED and ENG, SEC and MED, MED and SEC, MED and SCI, DIP and ENG

DIP appearances: 41.27%
CMD appearances: 38.12%
SEC appearances: 35.76%
SCI appearances: 21.83%
ENG appearances: 16.42%
MED appearances: 8.04%

This was very interesting to do the math on and changes my gameplay a little. Question - would it change yours, and how?
Accepted. Mark them, Galt.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I've always wondered about this. Very helpful! Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for doing this math. Even more compelling reason to citation my Falcon, perhaps even before finishing my mirror picard.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for putting this together. I wonder how these numbers vary in events vs the regular shuttles.
  • Options
    Great work!👍I was wondering about this.
    But I had noticed that DIP & SEC seats are always the main skills that dominate the shuttle events.
    That's why my fleet always focuses on raising our DIP & SEC skills in our starbase.
    You do not see to many MED seats in the shuttles, especially with this mega event that has so much due to all the holo docs and other holo characters. Surprising 🤔
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this non-event shuttles? I would be very interested in event-only seating.
  • Options
    Is this non-event shuttles? I would be very interested in event-only seating.

This is for workaday shuttle use (which also means some weighting probably needs to apply; I haven’t had to run a Bajoran mission in over a month)

I’ll tally Fed/31/Dominion seats over this event and post a comparison on whether they differ substantially from daily shuttles after the event ...

Some aha’s for me:
    - I had never noticed that there are no MED “AND” pairs in daily shuttles, and very few. SCI’s. And I am definitely overstocked on MEDs overall, because...
    - I had definitely built up some implicit bias because of all the whinging on too many CMD/DIP/SEC crew in the forums. “Common” is not the same as “Not Valuable”. All my fault, but I had definitely made some suboptimal Behold choices and citation choices in building up my crew. Durango Troi is now much higher in (top of) my citation queue than she would have been (though I will still finish Leonardo first out of obstinacy and because he’s Leonardo!). It also explains how an otherwise mediocre crew like my FF Joachim has been a valuable daily workhorse.
    - Confirms my impression of the importance of a solid 3-4 deep bench of CMD/DIP/SEC before a deep bench of the others. I need just enough of the others to not have to choose between Voyage and Faction success on a daily basis
    - AND pairs are nice but their frequencies are low enough that they’re pretty niche.

All of that assumes that a good Voyager is a good Voyager regardless of skill pairs; gauntlet and ship skills are based on other factors, so the remaining ways to assess crew value is shuttle work, and likelihood of appearing in events because of main crew character status or species. The real kicker as you point out is whether Faction Event crew slot skills are predictable ...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I come across and DIP-MED pairing a lot that I use Victorian Pulaski for. (Even matches her first-second sequence!) Of course, now that the question is raised, I can't remember which faction it's in.
  • Options
    I come across and DIP-MED pairing a lot that I use Victorian Pulaski for. (Even matches her first-second sequence!) Of course, now that the question is raised, I can't remember which faction it's in.

Hmm, I was assuming the wiki was complete (it shows a Bajoran and a Terran DIP or MED but no DIP and MED) which might have not been a safe assumption. If you happen to run across it again can you share which mission?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Thanks for putting this together. I wonder how these numbers vary in events vs the regular shuttles.

Here are the stats for the last 5 events with shuttle missions (9/6, 9/27, 10/4, 10/18, 11/1). This gives a sample of 104 missions, which is probably large enough to get a basic flavor. I count the ANDs in stated order assuming the bug isn't yet fixed; if you think it is, just add the two alternate pair values together:

CMD - 10.27%
    SEC - 10.06%
    DIP - 9.82%
    ENG - 8.27%
    SCI - 7.29%
    SEC and CMD - 6.59%
    DIP and CMD - 5.11%
    MED - 4.57%
    CMD or SEC - 3.27%
    CMD or DIP - 2.23%
    CMD or ENG - 1.70%
    CMD and SEC - 1.63%
    DIP and SEC - 1.60%
    ENG and DIP - 1.59%
    CMD or SCI - 1.55%
    SCI and MED - 1.36%
    MED and SCI - 1.31% (does not appear in daily shuttles)
    ENG and SEC - 1.30%
    MED and DIP - 1.30%
    ENG or SCI - 1.28%
    SEC and ENG - 1.28%
    DIP or SEC - 1.23%
    CMD and DIP - 1.20%
    SEC or ENG - 1.07%
    DIP or MED - 1.04%
    SCI and CMD - 1.04%
    ENG and CMD - 1.04%
    DIP and ENG - 0.99% (does not appear in daily shuttles)
    MED and CMD - 0.96% (does not appear in daily shuttles)
    SCI and ENG - 0.91%
    DIP or ENG - 0.83%
    DIP or SCI - 0.80%
    SEC and DIP - 0.80%
    CMD and ENG - 0.67%
    SEC or SCI - 0.64%
    CMD or MED - 0.56%
    ENG and SCI - 0.51%
    DIP and SCI - 0.48%
    DIP and MED - 0.48%
    SCI and DIP - 0.43%
    MED or SCI - 0.32%
    SEC or MED - 0.32%
    MED and ENG - 0.24% (does not appear in daily shuttles)
    SEC and SCI - 0%
    ENG or MED - 0%
    CMD and MED - 0% (also does not appear in daily shuttles)
    ENG and MED - 0% (also does not appear in daily shuttles)
    SEC and MED - 0% (also does not appear in daily shuttles)
    MED and SEC - 0% (also does not appear in daily shuttles)
    SCI and SEC - 0%
    CMD and SCI - 0%

CMD appearances: 37.84%
    DIP appearances: 29.95%
    SEC appearances: 29.81%
    ENG appearances: 21.70%
    SCI appearances: 17.95%
    MED appearances: 12.47%

Any AND or OR combination, any order (excludes singles, see above for them):
    CMD-SEC : 11.49%
    CMD-DIP : 8.54%
    ENG-SEC: 3.65%
    DIP-SEC: 3.64%
    DIP-ENG: 3.41%
    CMD-ENG: 3.41%
    MED-SCI: 3.00%
    DIP-MED: 2.82%
    ENG-SCI: 2.71%
    CMD-SCI: 2.60%
    DIP-SCI: 1.71%
    CMD-MED: 1.52%
    SEC-SCI: 0.64%
    SEC-MED: 0.32%
    ENG-MED: 0.24%

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Hmm, I was assuming the wiki was complete (it shows a Bajoran and a Terran DIP or MED but no DIP and MED) which might have not been a safe assumption. If you happen to run across it again can you share which mission?

Augment
    Enhance Crew Member
    3 slots
    MED
    MED & DIP <-- yup
    CMD & DIP

Lursa's Son
    3 slots
    DIP & CMD
    MED
    DIP & MED <-- yup

Running them right now.

EDIT: Now that I'm checking the wiki ... a lot of Augment ones are off, these are the other two I'm running, which are also incorrect on the wiki.

Co-opt Scientists
    3 slots
    DIP & CMD
    SCI
    CMD & SCI <-- so, yes this appears in daily shuttles!

Quell Dissent
    3 slots
    DIP or SEC
    DIP & SEC
    CMD & DIP

So, I think that the wiki needs a big refresh with regards to shuttle seats for various factions. e.g. Dominion shuttles also don't seem correct to me, I ran a few recently and remember other set-ups.

EDIT2: Like I thought, opened up 4 more Augment missions and most are incorrect with the wiki:
    Steal Usefull Technology - CMD or ENG / DIP & SCI / SCI or ENG. <-- DIP & SCI does appear on dailies.
    Raid Cold Stations - correct.
    Colonise New World - SCI & SEC / ENG / SEC or ENG.
    Hijack Ship for Augments - SEC & ENG / ENG.

So ... time to review those numbers ...
  • Options
    Here's a list I did several months ago (quite some time after the changes DB made to the number of seats and skills) , but for some strange reason (temporal anomaly perhaps?) KCA is missing.
    Hope this is of some use.

iwasi9d6ad4l.png

a7kzjwj5ywyn.png

0bc4rq3t2766.png

q7vu92lfnquq.png

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Awesome - thanks to you both for the (in)validation and data ... I'll go through and edit the stats posted here later this week. "Other day job" and all that :-)

Thanks!!!

UPDATE: Well, that went faster than expected. Stats above have been edited using your data - thanks! They should now be 95+% accurate; I pulled in all of yours and have tracked down 5 of the 14 KCA missions to update, so 189 of the 198-ish daily missions are current in the stats. A couple of missions from the wiki aren't in your list so I also need to watch to see if they have been retired or not ...

Seeing these stats is definitely going to influence my fusing/citation priority queue ...