Home The Bridge
Options

8 faction missions can be opened now?

edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Did I miss something or news? Last I read/heard was that you could only have 6 missions open at a time for factions. Same with the 1st mega event hybrid.🤔 Did DB change back or is this a glitch or am I just mistaken?
Anyone with knowledge, please clarify.
Thx.

Comments

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we went to eight a few faction events ago.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be that number of missions per faction was constant. Then DB fiddled with it once or twice as an experiment to ‘improve performance’.

Then they slipped up and unexpectedly stopped telling us they were going to fiddle with it. Dumpster fires, pitch forks, the usual. The last official line was that they won’t commit/guarantee number of missions. We should expect the unexpected.

Looking at this from a different angle, if you’re looking to maximise your jump start technique, it doesn’t really matter how many missions per faction. We all get the same, and if you have a good grasp of the strategy it is fully adaptable, on the fly, to whatever we are dealt with.
  • Options
    It goes back and forth. Some events it's 6, some it's 8. For re-run faction events it's typically the same 10 it was originally. Just to keep everyone on their toes, I suppose.

This! Nothing is certain anymore, last hybrid had no 3 seat missions at all and max 6 missions per faction, now its back to 8 and even 3 x 3 seat missions for Section 31 and Dominion, plus plenty of OR seats as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This recent trend to design fewer missions with AND slots, as well as adding AND slots to the 5 slot missions seems to be a good thing, IMO. It seems to allow more use of the bonus crew by filling single skill slots. In the past it was quite often to hard utilize bonus crew in AND missions because of unmatched skills. How well they will work out when the bonus crew list is shallow has yet to be seen.

It strikes me , as well, that this might make it a bit easier for mid-level players to rank in faction events.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein