Home The Bridge

Double your crew offer is useless and annoying if they're ff

Is there no way to stop the Double Your Crew offer from popping up when someone already has that character fully fused or just got their fifth star?

This has happened to me twice now in just a few days. First time was with Tilly, whom I not only already had immortalized, but had also just won a fifth star for my second copy of her. Just now it happened again when I got my fifth star for T'kuvma from threshold rewards.

It's not just annoying; it costs DB money, because I'm not going to buy what amounts to a sixth star for any character (Tilly notwithstanding, that was just luck from event pack pulls).

It also costs DB the opportunity to sell me more packs, because during the cool down period I'm not going to be trying for new legendary pulls. No event packs, no premium packs, full stop on spending until I again have the potential to double any gold card I might happen to pick up.

Surely DB can see if I have a ff version of a character already, and either withhold the offer or make it available for other recent pulls.

Comments

• SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Some people want two instances of a crew member FFFE.
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    I understand that. Just annoys me that I won’t get another offer until the cool down expires. Granted that’s probably a good thing, for my wallet anyway.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    What we would like is a cancel. Also, only if bought do we want the 72 hour cool down period. Ideally as long as offer is up no new offers. Once we cancel it, new double up offers are allowed again. If we purchase an offer the 72 hour cool down timer starts, not allowing any double up offers during that time.
  • How about instead of DYS the sell a legendary + super rare citation for the same price? Then toy can use the citation for someone else and instead of the items you get to cite a super rare.
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    What we would like is a cancel. Also, only if bought do we want the 72 hour cool down period. Ideally as long as offer is up no new offers. Once we cancel it, new double up offers are allowed again. If we purchase an offer the 72 hour cool down timer starts, not allowing any double up offers during that time.

Exactly. That'd be a completely satisfactory solution, I think.
  • Here is why I think we should be able to cancel these. If I decide it's not for me why continue to force this offer every time I've waited 5 minutes to log in?!? It's like getting slow service at a restaurant and waiting forever for a drink refill then when you just want the check so you can get to the rest of your life the server has the balls to ask" Would you folks like dessert?". AHahahahayeahno.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyc offers are far too expensive particularly as most of the low level equipment doesn't cost that much to make. If the character is only 1/5* doubling up doesn't actually gain many stats. I'd rather spend in the elusive 10 for 10 packs but alas DB keep sending me ship schematics offers despite having them all maxed!
    DB: Do Better
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the 72 hour cooldown should not be initiated if you skip the offer (not buying it in time). Also if you want a free 5-star citation instead (and credits or merits for the items you are passing on), you should have the choice, I agree with that as well.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I agree that the 72 hour cooldown should not be initiated if you skip the offer (not buying it in time). Also if you want a free 5-star citation instead (and credits or merits for the items you are passing on), you should have the choice, I agree with that as well.

The 72 Couldown has an important reason : without this Couldown whales Could fuse way more crew for cheap
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Alert wrote: »
    I agree that the 72 hour cooldown should not be initiated if you skip the offer (not buying it in time). Also if you want a free 5-star citation instead (and credits or merits for the items you are passing on), you should have the choice, I agree with that as well.

The 72 Couldown has an important reason : without this Couldown whales Could fuse way more crew for cheap

1) Aint cheap
    2) If you DONT BUY whats the point of the cooldown. You could just get the ones you want and DB makes more cash.

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Alert wrote: »

The cool down was a poor fix to a bug whereby the dyc re spawned when it was bought. Meaning you could ff a character for the bargain price of $100!!!

Personally I just wish they would make it more affordable as I am unlikely to buy it ever. Just ain't worth it!
    DB: Do Better