Home Ready Room
Options

Cadets for challenges

I'm a pretty new player so I have been reading some guides about what the best crew for cadet challenges is (slot-wise, since I'm out of crew quarters) and I also made my own research using the wiki and I have some questions.

1) For DIP, Leeta, Sato/Picard seem to be recommended, but based on the the wiki the combo of Tilly + Odo has better stats... How come?

2) For SEC, Losira is not mentioned at all (maybe because she is new?) even though she has higher SEC than Yar.

3) For SCI, Jadzia/Pazlar seems to be the one to have, why not Science Officer T'Pol?

4) For MED, EMH Mk.1 has the highest MED and on his wiki page he is mentioned as being eligible for Ex Astris, Scientia and The United Federation but he is not on the list on the respective challenge pages. So can he be used? I almost have the honor to buy him...

Comments

• Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    https://iampicard.com/#Missions this will prove the crew needed to finish each mission.

I am running with, Festive Jadzia, Seska, Sito Jaxa and CMO Crusher now that I have finished all of the M-F Cadets
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    I'm running with Dabo Girl Leeta, Security Chief Worf, Nurse Kes, Ensign Seska, Enterprise-D Picard, CMO Crusher, Major Kira, Cadet Sito Jaxa, Ensign Pazlar for my M-F cadets. I have all rare objectives complete - who on the list is expendable? I'd like to freeze if possible while still having the flexibility to complete all of the missions.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I’m rolling with Seven, Sato, Crusher, Worf, and Persis. It’s all I need to cover the whole week and get every reward
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why some crew with better stats aren't better for cadet missions often comes down to one thing: traits. For example, Festive Jadzia's "gambler" trait means she can pass a number of DIP nodes which feature that trait, despite not having a very high base stat in that skill.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Festive Jadzia, Seska, Crusher and Sito Jaxa. This allows me to complete the missions I need on any given day. On Thursday I run elite tier rather than epic.

My OH doesn't have med and uses T'Pol rather than Jadzia. I think my way is better but then don't we all B) it does mean he only uses three slots rather than my four.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    some times I throw Phlox in for alien med
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    I use Kes for Alien med.

You can definitely freeze Picard. He was one of the first to freeze for me. He's neither female or alien.
  • Options
    I use Festive Jadzia, Seska, Crusher and Sito Jaxa. This allows me to complete the missions I need on any given day. On Thursday I run elite tier rather than epic.

My OH doesn't have med and uses T'Pol rather than Jadzia. I think my way is better but then don't we all B) it does mean he only uses three slots rather than my four.

No Worf or Kira? I do run missions still that have sec.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain JM wrote: »

Worf is one of my cadet mainstays

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Seska can get you through quite a few SEC nodes, especially with a pretty good starbase bonus.

Personally I keep Festive Jadzia, Seska, Crusher, Sito Jaxa and Worf available.
  • Options
    Jaxa, Seska, T’Pol, Worf and EMH for me. I used to keep Kes active but after a month plus of not using her I decided she wasn’t necessary for what I do.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'Pol, Seska, Sito, Crusher for weekdays. Saavik, Ezri, Torres for the weekends. So, 7 total. I don't have access to a few missions on Tuesdays and the weekends, but I need the crew slot austerity.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to obsessivly freeze and unfreeze cadets on a rotating basis, but I have the crew space for a permament lineup now. Crusher, Worf, Seska, Jadzia, Sito for greens; Torres, Kes, Saavik, Kang, Mama Troi (and Smiley for Arena) for blues.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

Seska manages to do what I need. I find myself running the same missions over and over normally, gets a tad repetitive tbh.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/