Home The Bridge
Options

Picaway / Burnhard

[10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Is anyone else sick of the number of Picards we have had this year already?

I mean seriously, enough of the Picard variants! I haven't seen Janeway at all this year, and we haven't had a new Burnham for months, yet we've had at least half a dozen Picards this year already.

Enough is Enough! Let's have some of the ladies please.
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me at Janeway.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know DB thinks everyone loves Picard, but this game is wayyyyy oversaturated with his variants. Other people need the spotlight for a bit.

This year we've had...
    Romulan Picard - April 2018
    Mambo Picard - July 2018
    Irumodic Picard - August 2018
    Ensign Picard - September 2018
    Musketeer Picard - October 2018

That's 5 new Picos in half a year.
    It is a tad ridiculous. Though, in no way am I advocating for more Burnhams, we still need a chill on her for a while longer. Janeway though, needs a version or two this year. As does just about every other series captain. Starting from most recent release...

1. Musketeer Picard - October 2018, 5 Picard releases in 2018 (Apr, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)
    2. Commanding Officer Sisko - September 2018, 3 Sisko releases in 2018 (May, Jun, Sep)
    3. EV Suit Burnham - September 2018, 3 Burnham releases in 2018 (Jan, Feb, Sep)
    4. Xindi Prisoner Archer - May 2018, 2 Archer releases in 2018 (Jan, May)
    5. Mirror Janeway - December 2017, 0 Janeway releases in 2018
    6. Rura Penthe Kirk - September 2017, 0 Kirk releases in 2018

So we need the bottom 3 most definitely!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll see more of Burnham once S2 of Disco starts, but there was a new one just last month.

As for Janeway, there should be at least one new one very soon...
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11674/lucille-davenport-coming-to-game
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we do need more variety. Though Mambo and Irumodic Picard were pack only and Ensign Picard is only in Voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Yeah look, don't get me wrong I'm very fond of Jean-Luc and rather sad I'm going to miss out this weekend, but. I need a Janeway. Maybe two. Preferably not a Dip/Cmd variant as Lucille is likely to be.

I'd also love more Archer in particular, though Kirk really is a must because it's terrible we haven't had one this year yet! My Captain's Collection needs padding out lots!

I'll give you the Burnham, I have most if them and it's true she'll be back in the new year, so I can wait til then (and hopefully get the rest of the Bridge Crew of The Discovery at the same time - hint hint DB!)
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed an opportunity for a themed crew this week.
    91xc67o7gmfp.jpeg
  • Options
    Dr. Creon (¥SA)Dr. Creon (¥SA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    As of today:
    Picard 18
    Janeway 11
    Sisko 11
    Kirk 10
    Archer 7

I agree regarding the captains. I feel that all of the captains should be equally represented and, unfortunately, this is not the case. I understand that the company needs to make decisions about crew cards available based on the likelihood of people being interested to ensure their bottom line profits are well padded but it is annoying that 1 captain is grossly over represented while others (poor Archer) are grossly underrepresented. Personally I am not a fan of Sisko but here we have the first black captain that should be celebrated and the same with Janeway as the first female captain of a series. And what about Kirk? He was the original captain that lasted the entire run of TOS and TOS movies (yeah I know about Pike but, come on, only 2 episodes in TOS). Other than being profit driven I am confused why there isn't a more equal representation.

up5i1oobp143.jpg

Equality for all!!!

Edit: Sorry about the captain rant as I know you are advocating for more ladies but I thought this should be said too. And, yes, I agree that seeing more women in the game is needed. ;)
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if we all start suggesting “Jean-Luc Dax” every event, they will get shelved for a few months like Janeway and Riker did.
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Maybe if we all start suggesting “Jean-Luc Dax” every event, they will get shelved for a few months like Janeway and Riker did.

Funny little names like 'PicAx' and 'Jadzard' would be hilarious if we could keep it going for 6 months or more.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I want a Voyage Home Kirk!
  • Options
    I have to say, I LOVE Picard and want even more variants of him, but yeah, this is a little too many in a relatively short period of time or at least it feels that way. I think the number of Burnhams is exactly fine just the way it is since the addition of EV Suit Burnham and we don’t need new ones of her just yet either, not till season 2 of Disco anyhow.

As for the other captains and primary crew of the various series, I’d love more Janeway as I’m also mildly obsessed with her, but I also want more Kirk, Archer, and Sisko, not to mention all the other main casts crew members or the MANY guest stars and recurring guests we’ve yet to see. I feel like we’ve barely even scratched the surface of the many characters that are possible.

One more thing before I go. I like Phlox and I love that Enterprise finally gets some screen time through him, but sheesh, someone is getting out of hand with his variants. First there was Sex Dream Reverend Phlox and now we get a special pack for Naked Phlox, which is from the same episode I might add. Someone definitely has a thing for Phlox at DB, but cool it please, or give us some decent versions.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Let's come up with a few hilarious names.

Augmented PicAx
    Rura Penthe PicAx
    Away Team PicAx
    Wedding Day PicAx
    Disguised PicAx
    Assimilated PicAx
    Undercover PicAx

Come on guys let's here some imaginative names!
  • Options
    Klingon Jeazia-Lax Dacard
    Prisoner Jad-Luc Dacard
    Temporal Agent Jean-Zia Daxard

And I am all in for the 6 month campaign. I'll add it to my list along with my Warship Doctor and captain equality campaigns. :D
  • Options
    Prisoner Jad-Luc Dacard

And I am all in for the 6 month campaign. I'll add it to my list along with my Warship Doctor and captain equality campaigns. :D

I read Klingon Jeazia-Lax Dacard simply as "Kleenex".
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Prisoner Jad-Luc Dacard

:D:D:D Now that's funny!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Let's do that and, by all means, we should make sure to write it under every single forum post in every category, no matter what the topic was, and for at least 12 months, just to see if it will work as well as it did with Janeway.

No, seriously, we shouldn't. But the "Ewww, Janeway/Ewww, Burnham/Ewww, Enterprise" people sure get on my nerves.
  • Options
    Prisoner Jad-Luc Dacard

I thought that was Klingon Neelix?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more

KIRK! SPOCK! McCoy! Classic characters without them there wouldn't be any franchise.

Pike? We will get him. Maybe even April if he somehow shows in S2.

Lorca? We should get Prisoner Lorca and Mirror Lorca in a leather jacket.

Sisko! We need Patriot Sisko from In the Pale Moonlight.

Archer!

Tom Paris, Tuvok and Kim are all needed in greater variance.
  • Options
    Sick of Picard? No, never. Disgusting are only STD additions, all of them. I hope there will never be Disco Picard.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »

Tom Paris, Tuvok and Kim are all needed in greater variance.

… and some Sulu’s with stats that don’t bite. It makes me very sad that my Sulu SRs are next to worthless, and I missed out on Astrosciences. He deserves better (and some Event play!)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I have enjoyed pretty much all of the new Picards, I would tend to agree that it’s time to hold off on him. We’ll get more Burnham variants later this year with new Discovery episodes and will probably get more Picards when his new show is out...until then, more Kirks and Archers (and maybe a Janeway) would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I’m not mistaken, Mayweather and Kes are the only main cast to not have a single 5* version in the game. Not really advocating that either needs to show up (Well, Fury Kes does), but it is an interesting point on main cast.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Sick of Picard? No, never. Disgusting are only STD additions, all of them. I hope there will never be Disco Picard.

No one here said that they found Picard disgusting, we were just pointing out that he has appeared a bit often lately, while we didn't get a single Kirk or Janeway this year, the first Burnham since February was a 5* in a Tuesday pack (so almost impossible to get) and we still have fewer versions of Sisko and way fewer versions of Archer than of any other captain.

There are also parts of the franchise and characters that I personally don't like very much (and Picard is definitely NOT one of them) but I don't feel the need to point it out under every single forum thread and I don't get stomach aches when I see them in an event. If people feel so strongly about the whole "only this or that is real Trek" or "only TNG and DS9 are watchable" thing then why do they even play a game like Timelines?
  • Options

No one here said that they found Picard disgusting, we were just pointing out that he has appeared a bit often lately, while we didn't get a single Kirk or Janeway this year, the first Burnham since February was a 5* in a Tuesday pack (so almost impossible to get) and we still have fewer versions of Sisko and way fewer versions of Archer than of any other captain.

There are also parts of the franchise and characters that I personally don't like very much (and Picard is definitely NOT one of them) but I don't feel the need to point it out under every single forum thread and I don't get stomach aches when I see them in an event. If people feel so strongly about the whole "only this or that is real Trek" or "only TNG and DS9 are watchable" thing then why do they even play a game like Timelines?

Clearly more of a troll than a fan of Star Trek. He has form.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    All this talk of Janeway or Burnham being underrepresented. Reality check: Captain Archer, 6 variants, 1 event in WHOLE game so far. Where's the other Archer variants and his events?

It's not a matter of them being underrepresented in the game, but there are still people complaining about too many Janeways when she didn't appear a single time this year and she probably won't (it looks like Lucille Davenport will be a Tuesday pack addition, not an event character). At the same time, we now have 18 versions of Picard.
    Also, people tend to ask for the characters they like and to notice it more when they are missing from the game or don't appear in events over a longer period of time. The thread was started by someone who probably is a Janeway fan, but there are already multiple mentions of other underrepresented characters in it (Archer, Sisko, Kirk, TOS crew...).

It was basically about this:

1. Musketeer Picard - October 2018, 5 Picard releases in 2018 (Apr, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)
    2. Commanding Officer Sisko - September 2018, 3 Sisko releases in 2018 (May, Jun, Sep)
    3. EV Suit Burnham - September 2018, 3 Burnham releases in 2018 (Jan, Feb, Sep)
    4. Xindi Prisoner Archer - May 2018, 2 Archer releases in 2018 (Jan, May)
    5. Mirror Janeway - December 2017, 0 Janeway releases in 2018
    6. Rura Penthe Kirk - September 2017, 0 Kirk releases in 2018
  • Options
    If I’m not mistaken, Mayweather and Kes are the only main cast to not have a single 5* version in the game. Not really advocating that either needs to show up (Well, Fury Kes does), but it is an interesting point on main cast.

Ezri doesn't either. And the whole "well she was only on for one season" won't fly if anyone tries it, because Yar has 2 5* variants, and even Pulaski has a 5* variant (which admittedly I never expected), but both of them were only on for one season as well.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ezri doesn't either. And the whole "well she was only on for one season" won't fly if anyone tries it, because Yar has 2 5* variants, and even Pulaski has a 5* variant (which admittedly I never expected), but both of them were only on for one season as well.

I'd love to see more Ezri in the game. It's sort of problematic, though, in that she didn't really wear too many different outfits, and thus there isn't as much to differentiate her from already-existing variants. But here are two suggestions for Legendary variants...

Defending Ezri
    (from The Siege of AR-558)

rrxvd6wawlaw.jpg

She held her own pretty well, especially considering only the Dax symbiont half of her had any battle experience. (And it's about time we got Kellin from that episode, as well — more Babylon 5 cast members are always welcome in STT!)

Niners Ezri

eatszblw3zbg.jpg

Hey, may as well keep going with the Niners and try to fill out the whole team, yeah?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"