Home The Holodeck
Options

Should we have a poll?

Should we have a poll? 47 votes

Yes
42%
[TUFG] Siguard[TLA]  84wb[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerIrial[SSR]TrollhammerenHungry Dog DDM(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]PhotonKimSvenLundgrenSMMTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Capt. Pete OwenCranky (SC) Emmett KYateballEmperor Borg Drone (SC)S31Cmdr SinclairMe [AUS]CharlestonGeek 20 votes
No
19%
V.[QH] OxmyxJim Steele[SJ] Admiral AkiJoeSage2AldudePrime LorcaBylo BandJoeSage 2 9 votes
Maybe
38%
Captain_Who[KM]VidemJim Raynor[SSR] GTMETDittoTcalOdo MarmarosaMr. Lincolnguest_757423444811776robownageS14 Bri RogueAngylDirk Gunderson[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonProontAdi5000 QuatloosCaptain SMR 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    Maybe
    I’m on the fence here, help me out.
  • Options
    Yes
    We should always have polls.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    No
    I was a yes until I realized it said "poll", not "pole".

Edit: "Pool" also would have put me in the Yes column.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    A guy is sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon, when the doorbell rings. He opens the door and is greeted by a gentleman in a suit.

"Good day, sir," the man says. "We're doing a survey, and I have a bit of a strange request. I'd like to ask your dog a few questions."

"My dog??" The homeowner looks down at his poodle — who has his head poked between its owner's legs — then back up at the pollster in his doorway. "Well, I suppose. This all has me rather intrigued, truth be told."

"That's just dandy! Thank you, sir!" The well-dressed man then crouches down to get closer to eye level with the dog. "Hello, doggie! I have a few questions for you. First: Are you a good dog?" At this, the dog barks and wags his tail.

"Well, I'll be," says the homeowner. "He's never responded to me like that!"

The pollster continues, "Are you hungry?" The dog again barks and wags his tail. The man in the suit then takes his eyes off the dog momentarily, to look at the next question, which is written on his clipboard. But when he does, the dog slowly backs away and trots off towards his food bowl, unbeknownst to the pollster. "Alright, let me see... question three, question three... oh yes, here we are. Do you like to run and play?" he finally asks, still reading off the clipboard.

But of course there is no barking this time, which causes the man to look up from his clipboard at last. "Hmm... that was strange. I thought I'd get the same response for the third question."

The homeowner shrugs and replies, "Well it's no wonder you got no response. You were polling my leg!"

Mrecwx9.gif

(Thank you and good night! Don't forget to tip your waitress and please drive safe.)

Awesomed for the T'Pol meme
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Maybe

What about a Polish pol-tergeist taking a Polaroid picture of Pol-ywater Yar who’s Pole-axing a pole advertising a copy of this very poll, by a pool? Let me know!
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

What about a Polish pol-tergeist taking a Polaroid picture of Pol-ywater Yar who’s Pole-axing a pole advertising a copy of this very poll, by a pool? Let me know!

Do I need to call the pol-ice?
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    If you all line up just right I think I can do this with one long slap. ;-D
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you all line up just right I think I can do this with one long slap. ;-D

I think a group effort may be required here.

eyplxukuc5cw.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Peddling public polls plus people perceiving pools possibly peeves precocious people! Preposterous? Perhaps.
  • Options
    I'm perturbed pondering the possibilities.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes, but do we need a poll about whether or not we should have a poll about polls?
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Do I need to call the pol-ice?

Yes and yes. I also love the Airplane gif.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Maybe
    Yes, but do we need a poll about whether or not we should have a poll about polls?

Please, make it so!
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    A guy is sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon, when the doorbell rings. He opens the door and is greeted by a gentleman in a suit.

"Good day, sir," the man says. "We're doing a survey, and I have a bit of a strange request. I'd like to ask your dog a few questions."

"My dog??" The homeowner looks down at his poodle — who has his head poked between its owner's legs — then back up at the pollster in his doorway. "Well, I suppose. This all has me rather intrigued, truth be told."

"That's just dandy! Thank you, sir!" The well-dressed man then crouches down to get closer to eye level with the dog. "Hello, doggie! I have a few questions for you. First: Are you a good dog?" At this, the dog barks and wags his tail.

"Well, I'll be," says the homeowner. "He's never responded to me like that!"

The pollster continues, "Are you hungry?" The dog again barks and wags his tail. The man in the suit then takes his eyes off the dog momentarily, to look at the next question, which is written on his clipboard. But when he does, the dog slowly backs away and trots off towards his food bowl, unbeknownst to the pollster. "Alright, let me see... question three, question three... oh yes, here we are. Do you like to run and play?" he finally asks, still reading off the clipboard.

But of course there is no barking this time, which causes the man to look up from his clipboard at last. "Hmm... that was strange. I thought I'd get the same response for the third question."

The homeowner shrugs and replies, "Well it's no wonder you got no response. You were polling my leg!"

Mrecwx9.gif

(Thank you and good night! Don't forget to tip your waitress and please drive safe.)

jnjba5nv2l5d.gif