Home Engineering Room

Featured Crew Drop Rates

Has the rates for 4* vs 5* featured crew been disclosed? I know there was a lot of talk about this during the Tosk fiasco, but I'm wondering for the event packs.

The last couple times I've bought the event 4* $9.99 deal the event packs got stuck on this character. I bought my fourth Quark this week. I also wanted to fuse up Data V from last week, so I ended up using my dilithium cache on four more event packs. All six dished out this week's Quark. I could grudgingly understand not getting a Data V in those six packs, but it seems odd to me that there wouldn't be any Vics mixed in (already have him immortal, so wasn't losing sleep over this). Previous times the drop has been stuck I just figured it was dumb luck, as I only opened two to three.

Even if this is a probabilistic fluke, I've gotten a decent chunk of honor out of it.
My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
3. Only pursue characters I care about.
4. Contribute to the fleet.
5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
6. Have fun.
7. Voyage.
8. Have fun!

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    They give you odds of 5* vs 4*, but I have long suspected that the odds of a specific 4* are not equal. I don't believe there has been any confirmation of that.
  • They give you odds of 5* vs 4*, but I have long suspected that the odds of a specific 4* are not equal. I don't believe there has been any confirmation of that.

Where do they give that info? Is it somewhere on the forum? The rates in game are for general drop rates outside of the guaranteed featured crew, as the numbers provided for the event packs are the same as the general packs. What I want to know is in this case what are the odds of getting the specific guaranteed event crew.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • It's 1 in 10 chance in getting a Legendary crew and 9 in 10 chance in getting super rare crew. When it comes to event packs I tend to end up with the new Legendary crew or the super rare that's in the rank rewards. When I get these packs I'm after the new super rare crew. Just the one copy so I can immortalise them.
  • Thanks for that info. I assumed it was probably somewhere in that neighborhood.

So based on that, best I can calculate It's about 50/50 that all six packs payout a 4* versus getting single 6*. But assuming that it's an even split on the 4* chances, then there's less than a 1% chance all six would be wedding Quark. If I take it a step further, and if I extend it to the last time I purchased the $9.99 offer and got stuck on it (which was also the last time I bought event packs), then probability goes down to 0.17% to 0.08%.

Me thinks something is rotten the state of DBmark.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!