Home The Bridge

Rerun of The Captain's Oath???

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
There's been some speculation that the arrival of Captain Silva La Forge signals that the next event may be a rerun of The Captain's Oath, formerly starring Captain Morgan Bateson (played by Kelsey Grammer). This thread is to discuss what we think of this potential development, especially since there are a LOT more Starfleet Captains in the game (who were bonus on that event) than last time. Also, will Bateson be the ranked reward at 100k victory points? That could make a lot of people happy.

Here's a list of all the Starfleet Captains I think would get a bonus:

Event Crew: Captain Silva La Forge (new legendary), Captain Morgan Bateson, Captain Sulu, Captain Harriman

Bonus Crew: All Starfleet Captains (Note: Mirror Kirk was bonus when this event ran last time, so I'm including Starfleet Captains from the Terran Empire.)

Kirk Variants (while he was Captain):
  • Captain Kirk (2*)
  • Command Wrap Kirk (3*)
  • Nexus Kirk (4*)
  • Platonian Kirk (4*)
  • Romulan Kirk (4*)
  • Gangster Kirk (5*)
  • Kal-if-fee Kirk (5*)
  • Mirror Kirk (5*)
  • Rura Penthe Kirk (5*)

Picard Variants (while he was Captain):
  • Stargazer Picard (1*)
  • Enterprise-D Picard (2*)
  • Detective Dixon Hill (4*)
  • Galen (4*)
  • Robin Hood (4*)
  • Tommy Gun Dixon (4*)
  • C.O.P. Founder Picard (5*)
  • Enterprise-E Picard (5*)
  • Mambo Picard (5*)
  • Mirror Picard (5*)
  • Romulan Picard (5*)
  • Smitten Picard (5*)

Sisko Variants (while he was Captain):
  • Promoted Sisko (2*)
  • Commanding Officer Sisko (3*)
  • Gabriel Bell (4*)
  • 1701 Sisko (5*)
  • Captain Sisko (5*)
  • Enemy Lines Sisko (5*)
  • Niners Sisko (5*)
  • Solar Sails Sisko (5*)

Janeway Variants (while she was Captain):
  • Kathryn Janeway (2*)
  • Rifle Janeway (3*)
  • Captain Janeway (4*)
  • Warship Janeway (4*)
  • Agent Janeway (5*)
  • Arachnia Janeway (5*)
  • Assimilated Janeway (5*)
  • Katrine (5*)

Archer Variants (while he was Captain):
  • Away Team Archer (2*)
  • C.O.P. Founder Archer (4*)
  • North Star Archer (4*)
  • Xindi Prisoner Archer (4*)
  • EV Suit Archer (5*)
  • Ushaan Archer (5*)

Other Starfleet Captains:
  • Captain T'Pol (4*)
  • Armed Philippa Georgiou (4*)
  • Command Hologram (4*)
  • Captain Q (4*)
  • Captain Scott (5*)
  • Captain [Geordie] La Forge (5*)
  • Captain Pike (5*)
  • Captain Nog (5*)
  • Captain Beverly Picard (5*)
  • Captain Rachel Garrett (5*)
  • Captain Lorca (5*)
  • Desert Philippa Georgiou (5*)
  • Captain Killy (5*)

Question Marks:
  • Benny Russell?
  • Mirror Archer? (he was a first officer at first, but then mutinied and declared himself captain, then declared himself Emperor)
  • Recovering Spock? (had his rank of captain been reinstated at that point?)
  • Captain Lorian? (he was Captain of the Enterprise NX-01, but he doesn't have the Starfleet trait)
  • Defiant Commander Worf? (he was commanding the Defiant, but didn't hold the rank of Captain)
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• Remember that in naval parlance, "captain" is a position as well as a rank. The commander of a ship, regardless of rank, is the ship's captain.

By that logic, Lorian and Defiant Commaner Worf should both qualify.

So should Thadium Okona, I suppose.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that in naval parlance, "captain" is a position as well as a rank. The commander of a ship, regardless of rank, is the ship's captain.

Makes sense for Lorian and Worf.

But for Okona, I was assuming it's Starfleet Captains since otherwise a number of other ship commanders would qualify -- Barak, Tomalak, Keras, Nevesa, Danatra, Kurn, etc. Okona wasn't Starfleet.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Recovering Spock was bonus crew last time. I don't think Captain Q was, as he was just costumed as a captain, not actually commissioned by Starfleet.

Regarding Mirror Kirk, I think there was confusion about his status at the time (not sure if it was resolved by then). He had the Federation trait, leading us to believe it was Prime Universe Kirk acting like Mirror Kirk the Mirror Universe. That was changed as more MU crew were added to the game. If the wiki is correct, Mirror Archer was not bonus crew. If the Mirror Kirk issue was resolved by the event, then that must mean that DB didn't consider Mirror Archer to be a captain. If it was not resolved, then MU crew were not included (but Mirror Kirk was, because he was Prime Kirk acting as Mirror Kirk).

Since there are so many captains, I imagine they would limit it to non-MU Starfleet captains.

Command Hologram was the acting captain, but I don't think he held the rank, even temporarily. Captain T'Pol was promoted temporarily, I believe. Benny Russell is a tough one. Technically it is Sisko while in a vision from the Prophets, but he believes he is someone else completely. So if the body and subconscious are Sisko, but the conscious mind is Benny Russell, which is it? Is it both? Hippocrates Noah is not actually Sisko, but that's a different scenario. For this event, I would say no, because he isn't acting as Sisko but as Benny. Gabriel Bell is Sisko, because that just a costume and act.
  • Lets not forget Captain Kangaroo, Crunch, America, Marvel, Amazing, D's, Morgan, Bligh, Caveman, Hook, & Tennille, Ahab, Stubing......... :D

You forgot one of my favorites...Planet. ;)

No sarcasm intended here...I really enjoy the posts that go in depth to logically try to explain what DB will do regarding events.
  • Lets not forget Captain Kangaroo, Crunch, America, Marvel, Amazing, D's, Morgan, Bligh, Caveman, Hook, & Tennille, Ahab, Stubing......... :D

You forgot one of my favorites...Planet. ;)

No sarcasm intended here...I really enjoy the posts that go in depth to logically try to explain what DB will do regarding events.

Heh-heh-heh! And a few others not yet mentioned...Captain Fantastic, Horatio Hornblower, Blood, Ron, Nemo...
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Oath was also the first hybrid event IIRC.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, will Bateson be the ranked reward at 100k victory points? That could make a lot of people happy.
    I would likely threshold and out on this one. I think it was one of the first events I managed to clear threshold on and I have no interest in Bateson.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Remember that in naval parlance, "captain" is a position as well as a rank. The commander of a ship, regardless of rank, is the ship's captain.

Dont quote me but i believe the navy is moving from calling a vessel's commanding officer a captain, they are calling em COs (aka Commanding Officers)
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I think that is too many bonus characters. Many of them were not out at the time. They will likely leave it as LaForge, Sulu and event pack crew as bonus given that between the two there are probably about 10 or more bonus crew.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets not forget... & Tennille

:smiley:

~love, love will keep us togetha, think of me babe wheneva~

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple reports of Bateson appearing in Begolds. Could be an indicator that our speculation is correct.
  • Lets not forget... & Tennille

:smiley:

~love, love will keep us togetha, think of me babe wheneva~

I have that on a record! Great music.

If they do this rerun, I expect a pack for every Captain in the store for dilithium. I need to expand my Janeway collection.