Home The Bridge
Options

Today's dabo looks different somehow

dvvoljd466ah.jpg
Never seen 2 golds in the top row. Still won't get it.

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read today’s server release notes

To go along with this collection, we are also introducing a temporary change to the Dabo Wheel. For one week starting today at 1 PM ET (17:00 UTC), and after a forced restart, all players will see crew from the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection in the top row (this does not include the reward crew, Lucille Davenport).
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yep. It's a change. The top row will (for now) be the crew needed for the new collection. It's in the release notes

To go along with this collection, we are also introducing a temporary change to the Dabo Wheel. For one week starting today at 1 PM ET (17:00 UTC), and after a forced restart, all players will see crew from the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection in the top row

Those would be: Beowulf Kim, Data V, RAF Miles O'Brien, Tuxedo Nog, Jazz Musician Odo, RAF Julian Bashir, Doctor La Forge, Princess Jadzia, Commander Barclay, Sheriff Worf, and Author Doctor
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    akw4ot7mw5sq.png

I like. Extra golds, fewer schematics, items I can actually use (although there still are a few associated with immortalized and recently dismissed crew. That is my own avatar's tuxedo in the 2 star equipment spot, and the lvl 1 suit for Comando Crusher #3486 in the bottom right)

Probably won't throw any dil down today, but if this is a new direction for dabo it makes me hopeful for the general direction of things.
  • Options
    Ya, saw the server notes and assumed the 3 spots would be changed, not all 4. I haven't needed an item off the top row for a bit. I like the change.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it wasn't overriding the what you need check. I have all the 4* FF and they're sitting there on dabo. Would **tsk tsk** to finally hit top row and end up with someone I have FF.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmett K wrote: »
    dvvoljd466ah.jpg
    Never seen 2 golds in the top row. Still won't get it.

My top row is identical to yours (crew and locations). The rest of it is different, but that's still an impressive coincidence, even with the reduced roster available for the top row choices.

Of course, all I got was a 0* vest and a 1* uniform from my credit and ad-spins.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Can't say I like it. They removed 5* ship schematics (which i need) for useless gold and purple characters with sub 0.1% drop chance. I used to pay for an extra spin every day to get schematics, now I won't. The 3* and 4* schematics could have been removed and that would have been fine by me, but not this.

Overall the dabo is really useless except for ship schematics so I don't even know why they bother updating it.
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Can't say I like it. They removed 5* ship schematics (which i need) for useless gold and purple characters with sub 0.1% drop chance. I used to pay for an extra spin every day to get schematics, now I won't. The 3* and 4* schematics could have been removed and that would have been fine by me, but not this.

Overall the dabo is really useless except for ship schematics so I don't even know why they bother updating it.

I'm in the same situation, been playing for almost 5 months, and still no fully upgraded 5* ship that's needed for Skirmish events. I hope they'll add another way to earn those in a reasonable timeframe if they're going to drain the ship schematics from the Dabo wheel.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never hit the top row in 6+ months, even on the two days I decided to spin seven times. I am not sure this change will realistically impact players.

TBH, I don't even look at the top row of the dabo prizes, I just sort of treat it like extra background.
  • Options
    It is only a temporary change for 1 week so there's no reason to panic over not having the ship schematics there. ;)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »

I'm in the same situation, been playing for almost 5 months, and still no fully upgraded 5* ship that's needed for Skirmish events. I hope they'll add another way to earn those in a reasonable timeframe if they're going to drain the ship schematics from the Dabo wheel.

And for a lot of other players who have played for longer, the schematics are useless. The pool has never increased since the initial ships, so after the initial ships are level 10 it's just replicator fuel or an equipment slot filler.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad thing is the new holo-fan coding overrides the "give you what you can use" coding. 3 of my 4 characters I already have ff

Same for me. Three of the four are useless. Of course it’s not that different than regular Dabo in that way. Usually it offers me at least one 4 I already have finished and often the 5 is one I have done too (& I only have 20 5’s immortal).
  • Options
    Are these holo-ween changes a TRICK or a TREAT ?
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hit the top row twice in two years of playing. I cant say i am tempted by this as the odds of getting anywhere close to the golds are, slim. If this went along with a 50% reduction in dil cost then sure, I might be more willing to take a punt.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    This offer could be on for 10 years still won't get top row, I am clairvoyant about such things.
    In all the times I have hit top row it has been numbers 3 and 4 never 1 and 2.

1 year down 9 to go.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the "win" rates for dabo weren't so asinine, people might actually spend a little on it. As it is, the only meaningful dollars DB gets from Dabo is from some whales. That's fine, their short-sightedness and and greed blindness saves me money while minimizing their return.
  • Options
    Leached my dilithium somewhat this morning, I still have a free spin but I got my first ever gold so pretty excited! Thought I'd go for it as the entire top row would be additional stars.

aixde6mgm7db.png

kp4y8tp8kshe.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I’ve ever seen double repeats on the Dabo wheel, not that I ever get the top row...

ebnyahr3hnod.jpeg
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the 20 months I've been playing, and doing every dabo spin I possibly can... Never once hit top row
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266