- Crew collections maxed out 7/45
- Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
- Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
- Factions Honored 15/15
- Achievements completed 15/16
- Ships maxed out 53/78

Comments

• Options
    Seems like each person got 1 soot in the collection.
    Seemed like a decent amount of old and new characters with some difficulty to earn.

As much as people think this is a free hand it and needs to be easier, I think this is good the way it is.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB could have just grouped all the holodeck and anyone who is associated with transporter use into one group. Call it the "Things That Should be Harmless But Are Always Trying to Kill You" collection.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, they could add 3* Barclay, and then they'd just make all the rewards start at +1 crew. They could add more 4* and make the higher level rewards start at more crew too. DB did not create this collection to be easy. They're giving away a 5/5. They wanted to entice you to immortalize 6 5* crew before you could complete the collection. And they wanted specific crew to make it even more difficult. Asking for all these extra crew would not make the collection easier, DB would just have moved the goalpost to be as hard as it is now.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Sure, they could add 3* Barclay, and then they'd just make all the rewards start at +1 crew. They could add more 4* and make the higher level rewards start at more crew too. DB did not create this collection to be easy. They're giving away a 5/5. They wanted to entice you to immortalize 6 5* crew before you could complete the collection. And they wanted specific crew to make it even more difficult. Asking for all these extra crew would not make the collection easier, DB would just have moved the goalpost to be as hard as it is now.

Perhaps, I’d just like a rhyme and reason to the choices. Now if DB just wants to say “it is what it is and that’s that”, I can accept that. But until they do, I’m going to presume it’s up for discussion.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Well, you're right on one level Lady Gaghgagh. However. On another level the collection could be made so broad as to be largely meaningless. That isn't the intent of the creators, their intent is to make a fun collection with exclusive exciting rewards (that require extensive time and /or money to complete).

Clearly there is scope for other holodeck collections (I'm thinking Our Man Bashir) and there's a considerable crossover between the super-rares in this collection and others which really makes those crew rather useful.

fghu1i1asi4m.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they missed a trick not having quite a few characters, its a nice collection, though Im about 22 months worth of honour, (and a Odo and Kim away) from being able to complete it.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the developer, they are choosing WHICH versions of each holodeck frequenter they choose to add to the collection. It's their discretion. They are also giving FIVE free copies of a gold, so it makes sense you fill the collection with purples and golds.

As you can see, there already is a Barclay in the collection, DB just choose to make Commander Barclay the representative.

Duelist Barclay is already in 2 other collections (Rare Crew, Innovator). Commander Barclay was only in one (Innovator). It makes more sense to throw Commander Barclay into the collection for several reasons
    1. He's more difficult to obtain than a 3*, making DB more money (remember this is Tipping Point's top prerogative and provides an incentive for you to spend
    2. It balances the collections per character.
    3. It gives DB room to create additional collections and have other characters be part of those.

You're probably not going to see any character being part of more than 3 collections. The few characters that ARE part of 3 or more collections are few and far between.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think they have rules that are used for collections? Look at the previous lists and how they're maintained. They are flagging each crew individually. They just picked the crew this time and said, flag these 12.
  • Options
    Also Duelist Torres came about due to her holodeck obsession with testing her desire to feel alive.

Wrong episode. Duelist Torres is from when she got mind-melded into Pon Farr.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    DB has no defined "rules" for collections, unless it's an episode specific collection. then, of course, it would be silly to throw musketeer la forge in the Q-Pid collection.

one commander barclay does not "Artificially make it hard". You JUST had every opportunity to obtain him and gotten all 4 stars on him and have spent $0 ... just time and effort.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Duelist Torres came about due to her holodeck obsession with testing her desire to feel alive.

Wrong episode. Duelist Torres is from when she got mind-melded into Pon Farr.

Is she? They look awfully similar then

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    They also need to add like every version of Paris, boy was quite holodeck obsessed. He even wrote two holodeck programs.

And if we have Doctor La Forge, why not also Detective Data or Victorian Pulaski? Why not Prospero Data? Shouldn’t Lucille Davenport actually add to her own collection? :p And shouldn’t Dixon Hill Picard, Doc Crusher, and Gloria also apply?

Also if we have Princess Jadzia then I would imagine Queen Guinevere Kira should also apply.

Also Duelist Torres came about due to her holodeck obsession with testing her desire to feel alive. Like give us some parameters DB.

It looks like the logic here is the "instigator" of the Holoprogram is represented, not all the crew that person got to join in. I think Captain Proton would have better represented here instead of Delta F Paris, or make a whole new "Holo-addicted Paris" 4* for the collection instead. And Interfaced Barclay (or again, another new Barclay 4* or 5*) makes more sense than Older/Alt-timeline Barclay.

I do really like the reward structure, albeit very challenging to achieve. I hope more collections get this type of treatment.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    You think they have rules that are used for collections? Look at the previous lists and how they're maintained. They are flagging each crew individually. They just picked the crew this time and said, flag these 12.

You mean anytime a new crew that is inspiring, diplomat, borg, ferengi etc are added to they game they're not automatically eligible for the collection?