Home Ready Room
Options

Rura Penthe Reed Vs Duras Sisters - Arena/skirmish comparison.

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
Which do you prefer, at present and because he's immortalised I'm using Reed. But having done the Duras sisters the correct way to level 99 and 1 fusion away from immortal I am wondering if they are any better?

Reeds stats
Boosts (Bias: +1) +6 Attack (1/4) +7 Attack (2/4) +8 Attack(3/4) +9 Attack (4/4)
Initialize 8 seconds
Cooldown 10 seconds
Duration 12 seconds
Uses Per Battle 2

Duras Sisters
Boosts (Bias: +1) +6 Attack (1/4) +7 Attack (2/4) +8 Attack(3/4) +9 Attack (4/4)
Initialize 10 seconds
Cooldown 12 seconds
Duration 20 seconds
Uses Per Battle 1
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I find Reed more useful:

1) ready a bit quicker, which can make a difference.
    2) duration of 12s more than enough to get the job done.

I find a lot of battles barely make it beyond the 10-12s mark .. I have managed once to kill opponent before Duras sisters even used (ie before 12s) ...

so that 20s duration ... doesn't really mean much ..
    earlier activation (IMHO) is more important
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The earlier init time is what does it for me. I'm holding my burst abilities until my dmg boost comes up, so the sooner it's available, the sooner the bursts can go off.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a longer setup. I don't have the crew for a six second victory. The Duras sisters are ready when my cloak is finished. I simply wait and fire off everything. This is usually effective, but when it is not, that extra time is key.
  • Options
    It depends on your other available crew and what ship you're using. I don't have many arena superstars, so I use the cube with its large hull/shields, with 2 quick initialize attack+accuracy crew (long duration accuracy and crit chance), then hit duras sisters and evasion, and use the cube's burst. The fight often ends shortly after the cube burst damage, but if it's drawn out the duras sisters long 20 seconds often means I'm still hitting hard and win before the opponent's crew refresh. I don't stand a chance against a decent crewed ik tong, but most other ships I have a good chance with with almost any crew.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    My old set up used to be Reed, Surak, Klingon O'Brien, Bell Riots Bashir (RAF Bashir before)
    my new set up I swapped Killy (having swapped her for Yar) in the ENG spot on the Bounty.

My T'Ong has only just moved up to level 9 so still a long wait till it's maxed.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Captain's level on Arena, I use Ambassador Shras instead of Rura Reed or Duras Sisters, mainly because he's also so good with Diplomacy that he's worth keeping a slot for other purposes, too. Reed and Duras Sisters are too weak in other stats, so they're in the freezer. Shras:

Initialize 8 seconds
    Cooldown 10 seconds
    Duration 10 seconds
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends