Home The Bridge
Options

Legendary Item Rewards in Gauntlet

I finished 2nd in my gauntlet tonight and I pulled a 5* item.
tbh1mkflz23u.jpg
The issue with this is that I have had Phoenix Cochrane fully equipped for nearly a year effectively rendering this item replicator fodder.

Why does this happen? It happens with dabo as well. Why award the player with an item that's useless to them? Has anyone actually tried to clean out their inventory of unwanted items? It's more trouble than it's worth.

I don't typically complain about stuff like this but it bothered me this time. Probably because the first thing I saw was the gold border and got excited for Caretaker for a split second.

Comments

• Options
    Primary it happens because your Dabo results (and your Gauntlet rewards) are well an truly randomized. It would be nice if there was a discriminator that eliminated equipment you did not currently need (leaving the components as filler or switching to only components).

The true answer to this problem is a reasonable salvage system where equipment can be reduced to some portion of its components.

That and solving the 1000 unique item limit :)
  • Options
    Not too long ago I got 5* late vintage bloodwine, I was somewhere in the top 10, I forgot my rank
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you get the random items when you don’t have any items of that rarity in open (and trained through) spots.

I occasionally have to clean them out by replicating to stay under the 1000 item limit.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have any open 4*/5* items your crew needs, you can get random stuff. I try to pick 3/4 crew that I won't be using anyway and leave some of their final 4*/5* items open so that if I get lucky it's for something I need and not waste.
  • Options
    I have 1 epic slot open. Have won 4 items with it open of 5 star immortalized gear. Still haven't got the one I am missing.