Home The Holodeck
Options

Good Eats

I made chili on my own for the first time in my life. It is all fresh and from scratch (except the bullion cubes). I hope for good reviews at the chili cook off. My youngest made the sign.

xyv9c7v3b14l.jpg
6nqklgvh4c7c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    When/where is the cook off? I prefer meat/beef chili but send me a sample as I'm a chef and love to taste others cooking.
    Next time, try some beef stew. It's a hit with my family and easy to make as well. Perfect for these cold & windy days coming.
    Good luck! Let me know how you did.
  • Options
    When your ready for Sour Cream Pork Chops...I got that covered.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no judging, but my pot was the first to be emptied. ...just saying. (It was also the first in line, but what does that really matter 😋?) I normally like beef and beans, too, but I felt the white beans and chicken would go better with potatoes in it. I also like it a bit spicy, but I made this mild for the masses. My wife made a bean and beef one that was also very good. The best part is that my daughters actually liked my chili.
  • Options
    I really like white chili. Lots of people have never had it. Nice change of pace.
  • Options
    I participate in a chili cookoff every year, I always try a new recipe, but we have this guy who makes the same chili year after year and wins every time. We never have a white chili, maybe I will try it this year.
  • Options
    prosenprosen ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Looks good!
    "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard