Home The Bridge
Options

Events you'd like to see as a rerun

Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
Something felt a bit off when I saw that captain's oath was to be the next rerun next week. I don't want to complain about Bateson and Sulu, free cards are free cards, but maybe DB doesn't know what we want? It could be helpful to give them some ideas.

I spent some time on the wiki and found a couple of cool ones with characters having a bit more... Character?
The Whole Truth
Blood for Blood

What would you guys like to see?

Comments

• Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one but with Trader Odo instead of Kla'a and 1701 Bashir or O'Brien https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Trouble_with_Klingons_3
  • Options
    This will be unpopular, but since we already had 3 of them and I missed all of them, I'd definitely like to get my chance to add Arachnia to my crew :D So:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/They_Came_from_the_Holodeck_3

But also:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Gods_and_Masters

Then, I realize it's too early, but I hope we'll get a rerun of these someday:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Consolation_Prize
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Butchers_of_Beta_Penthe
  • Options
    Here's my thoughts:

- Second Battle of New York (Yeah, it's been done twice already, but the cards from the event are so great!)

- Any of the 2017 Mega events (Why not? They could do a DIS rerun a month before the next season drops and segue into a Mega...)
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my thoughts:

- Second Battle of New York (Yeah, it's been done twice already, but the cards from the event are so great!)

- Any of the 2017 Mega events (Why not? They could do a DIS rerun a month before the next season drops and segue into a Mega...)

I’d rather not have a repeat mega, even if they didn’t repeat the 4/5* character (that would really stink if they did) because that would be a month of nothing new as I’ll have all the 4* FF and if they add a new 5*, I can’t get a star for my old 1/5* anyway unless they are thresholds...
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I’d rather not have a repeat mega, even if they didn’t repeat the 4/5* character (that would really stink if they did) because that would be a month of nothing new as I’ll have all the 4* FF and if they add a new 5*, I can’t get a star for my old 1/5* anyway unless they are thresholds...

I think SGS meant a rerun of one event from a DSC mega, not all of them, since most DSC characters were added in the two DSC megas.
    But if I got it wrong, then I agree with you. An entire mega event rerun would be boring for those who already participated in the first run.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for the whole truth. GN Rom was my first event earned gold and could do with another star or two
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guiding Principles (I want more Commander Kiras)

Guilty as Charged (I want more Odos)
  • Options
    There's several I'd like to see rerun eventually: The Game's Afoot; Ribbon of Joy; Children of Apollo; We Who Are About To Die; and Brute Squad.
  • Options
    You can forget about mega events reruns. Do you want the repeat of the Mirror Picard issue?
  • Options

I'd like to see both of these as reruns as well. :)

And I wouldn't be upset if this was done as I recently received Arachnia and would love an opportunity to add more stars. ;)

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can forget about mega events reruns. Do you want the repeat of the Mirror Picard issue?

Yeah as much as I'd like mega event characters, people would complain about it. That's why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more reruns, period. Of all the reruns we’ve had since I started playing, there has never been one with a legendary that I’ve already had. In almost 2 years of playing, I’ve never been able to add a single star to a legendary in my crew from a rerun event. That is beyond depressing.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    any expedition event

Not a huge fan of expeditions, but one every couple of months would be a nice change of pace.

A third run of The Game's Afoot, or a repeat of Holograms Are Forever or something.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few. Asterisks for the ones I want most...

**Plague of Plagues (2016 event), Contingency Plan (2017 event), or Contingency Plan 2 (2017 event), mainly because I've been dying to get my hands of Dark Ages McCoy for awhile now and he never drops for me in portals. Plague of Plagues also has the nice bonus of Warship Chakotay who has also been a hard find for me too.

Gods and Masters (2017 event) as previously mentioned by others, because it'd be nice to get another Durango Troi.

**Extinction Point (2017 event), because Scientist Degra is the top prize and he's a rare drop.

Endgame (2017 event), I was taking a hiatus from this game at the time so I missed this event and The Traveler.

Guiding Principles (2017 event), I'd like a Commander Kira, she's just a cool card.

**The Longest Day (2018 event), while it's too soon for sure, I'd like to see it reoccur one day because a) it was Archer's first event (finally!), and b) I'd like to get a War Correspondent Jake.

The Prime Directive 2 (2018 event), also too early for it to reoccur, but I'd like it to so I could finish off my Anij and Grand Nagus Zek.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I just want more reruns, period. Of all the reruns we’ve had since I started playing, there has never been one with a legendary that I’ve already had. In almost 2 years of playing, I’ve never been able to add a single star to a legendary in my crew from a rerun event. That is beyond depressing.

+1. The next week will be the first time. I pull Batson a year ago or so. This will be his second star.

I'd love to see:
    The Genesis Wave 2 = Would be the 4th star on my Red Dress Jadzia
    Contagion= 5th star on Gordie LaBorg
    Resistance= Love Janeborg
    Guiding Principles= 3rd star on Com. Kira

And special because it was my first event: The Daystorm Award!
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vreenak9 wrote: »

+1. The next week will be the first time. I pull Batson a year ago or so. This will be his second star.

I'd love to see:

Except with the new reward structure, you're not going to get a Bateson unless they put him in the threshold rewards or you buy event packs. That's the thing that makes me wary of re-runs now. Unless it's a new Purple they add to the rerun, you can't get the old legendaries without paying.

Of course, under the old structure, LaForge would be the ranked reward, so you'd still have Bateson being pack only probably.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I'd love to see:

Except with the new reward structure, you're not going to get a Bateson unless they put him in the threshold rewards or you buy event packs. That's the thing that makes me wary of re-runs now. Unless it's a new Purple they add to the rerun, you can't get the old legendaries without paying.

Bateson should be in the thresholds. In the same post they rolled out the event reward change they also said this

Developer's comment:
    We are looking forward to your feedback about this new ranked rewards structure. The threshold rewards change we made for the rerun of the "Family Tree" event was positively received and we are committed to providing the same structure in future reruns! As with any changes we will review their effects. We may make additional adjustments to get us closer to our goal of creating exciting and engaging experiences for all players.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

I'd love to see:

In the same post they rolled out the event reward change they also said this

Developer's comment:
    We are looking forward to your feedback about this new ranked rewards structure. The threshold rewards change we made for the rerun of the "Family Tree" event was positively received and we are committed to providing the same structure in future reruns! As with any changes we will review their effects. We may make additional adjustments to get us closer to our goal of creating exciting and engaging experiences for all players.

Well in that case, nevermind, lol.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Events are re-run in order that they first appeared ... so you can check the wiki for the event schedule and where you're desired events sits within that ...
    This is the reason I knew that The Captain's Oath would be rerun this weekend (when looking back at the weeks prior, a Hybrid seemed most logical).

For those of you wondering, the next re-run will be one of the following:

- Expedition: Ribbon of Joy (chance of this being re-run is very small)
    - Faction: Season of Love 3 or Children of Apollo - my uncertainty here is that they recently had Kal-if-fee Spock as event crew ... but then, the next re-run won't be for a few more weeks so, maybe.
    - Galaxy: Plague of Plagues
    - Hybrid: Extinction Point
    - Skirmish: No use putting that here, will be aaaages before the first Skirmish event is re-run.

I've put in bold my next prediction. As you can see ... we're getting close to the Borg mega-event ...
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Events are re-run in order that they first appeared ... so you can check the wiki for the event schedule and where you're desired events sits within that ...
    This is the reason I knew that The Captain's Oath would be rerun this weekend (when looking back at the weeks prior, a Hybrid seemed most logical).

- Faction: Season of Love 3 or Children of Apollo - my uncertainty here is that they recently had Kal-if-fee Spock as event crew ... but then, the next re-run won't be for a few more weeks so, maybe.
    - Skirmish: No use putting that here, will be aaaages before the first Skirmish event is re-run.

I've put in bold my next prediction. As you can see ... we're getting close to the Borg mega-event ...

Thankfully two of the events I want to be rerun are in your estimates. But I shall chant anyway to spur on the potential.

Plague of Plagues, Plague of Plagues, Plague of Plagues, Plague of Plagues!!!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Thankfully two of the events I want to be rerun are in your estimates. But I shall chant anyway to spur on the potential.

Plague of Plagues, Plague of Plagues, Plague of Plagues, Plague of Plagues!!!

A plague on both your houses? 😇
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

It's going to be interesting to see what they do about the mega event card then if that's how it works. However, they could also change the order and/or skip some events based on what players want too. :)
  • Options
    I really wish they would rerun Ribbon Of Joy.....
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle of New York because RAF O'Brien
    Holograms Are Forever because Jazz Odo
    Merry Men because Beowulf Kim
    Akritian Job because Delta Paris
    Updated and Revised because Data V
    Whoever I have to give a handjob to at DB to get Tuxedo Nog
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    It won't happen because it's an Expedition, but The Game's Afoot 2.

I wouldn't even mind seeing a #3 with a Victorian Picard or Worf.
  • Options
    My only choices would be selfish.

In that case: want to see Torchbearer Vox or Arachnia Janeway in an event.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next up in terms of dates from first run would be The Season of Love 3, Children of Apollo 2 or The Whole Truth.

The whole truth would be nice, as I'd like to add stars onto my Grand Negus Rom

I'd also like to see The Games Afoot rerun, but again, unlikely as DB don't like faction events for some reason.

Jim
    DB: Do Better