Home The Bridge

New Character in the Vault - Covert Operative Leland

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
Some combination of CMD/DIP/SEC.

You could be excused for not remembering him, as he only appeared in a scene cut from the Disco season 1 finale. But he's meant to be recurring in season 2.

qio62lulep8a.png

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Section 31 guy?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a new Tuesday pack only. Meh. I hoped for a Halloween themed pack, maybe "Evil Kirk" from the enemy within.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Probably a new Tuesday pack only. Meh. I hoped for a Halloween themed pack, maybe "Evil Kirk" from the enemy within.

Jim

That would be something fun...
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Ah, so THIS is what the bottom of the barrel looks like.
    Korob and/or Sylvia would have been a-ok as well.
    Indeed, what are they thinking!

• Brunt, FCABrunt, FCA ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Section 31 guy?

Damn I was hoping this was Sloan when he was incognito at that Romulan conference

EDIT: Nevermind it turns out his fake name was Wendell, not Leland lol.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Totally couldn't remember who this guy was and had to look him up. Was he even in an actual episode? I guess he'll be in season 2?
  • Well, I’ll keep hoarding dilithium for Cheesecake Seven. What an uninspiring card, but we’re likely to see more DISC content with the new season next year.
  • Hey DB, with Halloween coming up tomorrow where are our new spooky characters? Will there even be a special pack?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet this guy'll have just bonkers stats, since nobody seems to know who the hell he is or care about him in any way possible.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so THIS is what the bottom of the barrel looks like.

...and here I thought the bottom of the barrel was 3 week old gagh....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait a minute. They're eager to include Discovery characters, I get it. But they couldn't think of anyone who actually showed up in the show? Really?
  • A character from a deleted scene that not many people have seen..... nice going DB....

xp260lrmx4b8.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this guy Mirror Georgiou's handler now that she's in the prime universe?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this guy Mirror Georgiou's handler now that she's in the prime universe?

Correct. Didn't post it in the first post because of spoilers lol
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anyone missed the stats mixed in with the server release notes.
    Covert Operative Leland 5*
    FE/FF level 100 CMD 369 (163-346), DIP 880 (209-376), SEC 1061 (279-572)
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 144 (163-346), DIP 432 (209-376), SEC 709 (279-572)

Traits: Section 31, Spy, Crafty, Resourceful, Human

His stats are pretty bland. Ah well another weeks of dil saved.

Jim
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess his value is that he's only the second legendary Section 31 character in the game, the other being Agent Janeway (which shouldn't have the Section 31 trait, but there it is).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Anyone seen any sign of his ship Stats?
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chancellor wrote: »
    Anyone seen any sign of his ship Stats?
    6dsrouxmjgp0.jpeg

• Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Chancellor wrote: »
    Anyone seen any sign of his ship Stats?
    6dsrouxmjgp0.jpeg

Thanks @Paladin 27
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Well, I’ll keep hoarding dilithium for Cheesecake Seven. What an uninspiring card, but we’re likely to see more DISC content with the new season next year.

And here I thought I was the only one! Seven + Doctor + MED/ENG/SCI?

Just take my money please DB!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, it is a good card, but the timing of bringing this card into the game is incredibly stupid.
    Who is Leland? I only know because I saw that deleted scene.

Apparently, he will have a decent screentime in DIS season 2 so I don't know why they didn't wait until his first cannon on-screen appearance.
  • What are the odds that "400% damage" quickly gets reduced to 375%?
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed this guy as well.
    k11gmougdulg.jpeg
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What are the odds that "400% damage" quickly gets reduced to 375%?

There are, IIRC, several crew who have a 400% damage ship ability, including Killy. The reason Yar (who only had 375% damage) was nerfed, as I understand it, was because of that combined with only a 2-second initialization. Leland's 8-second init is longer than Killy's 6-second init (and he has a longer cooldown and a shorter duration), and they both have a limit of 2 uses per battle — so there's absolutely no reason to expect he'd ever be nerfed. But for people who don't have Killy, he might be a decent alternative, even though he isn't as good.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Actually, it is a good card, but the timing of bringing this card into the game is incredibly stupid.
    Who is Leland? I only know because I saw that deleted scene.

Apparently, he will have a decent screentime in DIS season 2 so I don't know why they didn't wait until his first cannon on-screen appearance.

He's probably in that next short story whatever coming up.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the odds that "400% damage" quickly gets reduced to 375%?

The damage amount isn't what usually gets nerfed. I know this is likely a response to the Polywater Yar situation. Her situation was that she gave high damage right at 2s in the darn battle. DB should have changed her initialization time, but they decided to keep that, nerf the damage, and set it on a tier system where waiting to use her over some number of seconds ramps up her % of damage dealt.

But having high damage is not an indicator of an inevitable nerf. Hell, Rura Penthe Kirk has a 6s initialization 500% damage move which activates if under cloak. I use him quite a lot, and most definitely in every skirmish. The fact he has to have a cloak to do his mega damage move offsets him from just dominating the board.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.