Home The Bridge

Apparent bug boosting OR shuttles in last event

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
I and some other captains have identified inconsistencies with how how boosts were being applied to OR shuttles in the last event. Our understanding of the intended function is that only the skill being boosted gets the boost applied to it, and then whichever skill is higher is used.

In many cases, it did seem to work this way, where only the crew with the boosted skill gets the boost (see examples #1 & #2 below). However, in other cases, we are seeing the crew's score being boosted even if the DON'T have the skill be being boosted (see examples #3 & #4). We have no idea if this is just a display bug (meaning that the back end calculation is applying the OR boost correctly) or if this is some sort of actual calculation bug.

We raised this to DB, but have not gotten any official response. That said, we wanted you all to be aware and please keep an eye out during this event to see if this is continuing.

EXAMPLES:

In the below 2 scenarios I have used the same shuttle and crew and the only difference is the boost applied.

In Example #1 the CMD Boost should boost both Kes and T’kuvma’s top skill, leading to a displayed 57% win rate.

In Example #2, the SEC boost should boost Worf, and while it boosts kes’ sec skill, her command is still higher, so as expected the displayed success rate is 55%, which is lower then when 2 used skills were boosted.

w7569aqgrucr.png

In Example #3 the Science Boost should boost both Burnham and Jadzia, leading to a displayed 56% win rate.

In Example #4, the CMD boost should only apply to Lorca (Burnahm has no CMD skill) but the displayed win rate is 56% same as when 2 crew received the boost (implying that the boost is incorrectly being applied to Burnham’s science skill)

2kzo7mxrl1cj.png

Comments

• I noticed the same thing and was also wondering if it was real or display-only.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding, the boost value gets added to everyone. If your skill is 0 + 250 boost, you still get 250 total points. If your skill is 1000 + 250 boost, the value is 1250 total. You still get a bonus regardless of your skill if you occupy a spot that has a bonus. Also, don't characters have an invisible value for all the skills? This might be boosted as well so if she doesn't show 100 skill points, behind the scenes she might be 100 +250.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    From my understanding, the boost value gets added to everyone. If your skill is 0 + 250 boost, you still get 250 total points. If your skill is 1000 + 250 boost, the value is 1250 total. You still get a bonus regardless of your skill if you occupy a spot that has a bonus. Also, don't characters have an invisible value for all the skills? This might be boosted as well so if she doesn't show 100 skill points, behind the scenes she might be 100 +250.

yeah, what he said. Those invisible skills make these assesments completely bogus..... and it's only couple percentage points, you wouldnt really notice that during a 4 day event.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is it is being applied differently in the 2 scenarios. The bottom scenario acted the way you described above, with the score for their top skill boosted regardless of which skill in the slot got the boost.

However, the top scenario worked the other way, only when the crew had the skill that was boosted did the bonus work. The problem is that either the second scenario should always be lower or always be the same, it should NEVER be the same sometime and higher sometimes, that means a bug is going on.
    Perhaps they keep different success rates based on crew choices and boosts, and perhaps they change over the course of the event as well. If you populate the OR slot with a SCI skill it would likely be harder to pass vs COM because COM beasts are more common and the boost gives a much higher overall skill rating. They might compensate and make it easier on those who choose to put the weaker of the two skills plus boost in that slot or they might skew the bell curve a bit to even things out. What seems as a bug might might just be weird things with shuttle programming so perhaps they don't want to disclose how things work so no one can take advantage of the game.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they keep different success rates based on crew choices and boosts, and perhaps they change over the course of the event as well. If you populate the OR slot with a SCI skill it would likely be harder to pass vs COM because COM beasts are more common and the boost gives a much higher overall skill rating. They might compensate and make it easier on those who choose to put the weaker of the two skills plus boost in that slot or they might skew the bell curve a bit to even things out. What seems as a bug might might just be weird things with shuttle programming so perhaps they don't want to disclose how things work so no one can take advantage of the game.

I don't think so, I didn't show all the examples, but we had another captain get the same effect with different skill boosts. I am pretty sure that this is just a straight up bug.

I don't think so, I didn't show all the examples, but we had another captain get the same effect with different skill boosts. I am pretty sure that this is just a straight up bug.

Is there another forum group as dedicated as the Star Trek one to help improve the game 🙂. Keep up the good work GTMET.