Home The Bridge

How do you kickstart on a hybrid event?

I know how to kickstart a full faction event, that lets you open 8 shuttles per faction at a time. It gets you to 3500 VP in about 20 minutes. That's easy.

But how do you do it on a hybrid event that only lets you open 6 shuttles per faction at a time? Is there a kickstart for it?

Comments

• SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    There is no difference between a Full Faction and Hybrid Event jump start.
    The number of unique missions that can be opened is variable in both cases.

As there is only one faction in the next event the number of missions is likely to be between 12 and 20.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how to kickstart a full faction event, that lets you open 8 shuttles per faction at a time. It gets you to 3500 VP in about 20 minutes. That's easy.

But how do you do it on a hybrid event that only lets you open 6 shuttles per faction at a time? Is there a kickstart for it?

This works for any number of missions

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them
    Keep opening and completing those same two missions with time boosts.
    Once you have to use 2 4* boosts, don’t reopen those two missions
    Complete the remaining missions

• Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a rerun event so if it stays the same, you should be able to open 20 missions.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Here's the standard approach I've been using, thanks to the forum.

- open all missions
    - complete 11 missions (to reach the 350 point / 90 minute missions)
    - reopen 11 missions
    - complete 2 of those 11 reopened missions with 3* time boosts (to reach the 500 point / 120 minute missions)
    - reopen 2 missions
    - complete those 2 re-reopened missions with 4* time boosts
    - complete the 9 remaining reopened missions with 3* time boosts
    - complete all remaining original missions

I find this is an efficient way to quickly progress the value of the missions, while minimizing the number of boosts needed - 11 x 3* boosts and 2 x 4* boosts.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good kick start strategy will be adaptable to however many missions are available, hybrid or not.

There are ways to earn a bit of extra VP very quickly but burn more of the high rarity boosts.

There are ways to use a minimal amount of 3*-5* boosts, in exchange for sacrificing some small early VP gains, but preserve the boosts for later in the event when they are worth more.

And there are balanced approaches in between.

Most of the approaches for the above don’t depend on a set/predictable number of missions being available.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open all missions, run all missions. Then start. No reason to waist boosts in a hybrid when the point difference will be small compared to what happens in the galaxy portion. Better to save your time boosts for when you need them.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

Don't complete all missions complete 6x 1min then open 8 new missions at 1200-1500vp. Then complete all the remaining 1min missions then complete the 8x 1200-1500 using 3* 4* or 5* timers whichever is best for you. Then you will be on 4k missions this works for 6x missions per faction or 8 and for Single faction events.

The trick is to get to 40 missions successfully ASAP
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

Don't complete all missions complete 6x 1min then open 8 new missions at 1200-1500vp. Then complete all the remaining 1min missions then complete the 8x 1200-1500 using 3* 4* or 5* timers whichever is best for you. Then you will be on 4k missions this works for 6x missions per faction or 8 and for Single faction events.

Why would you open the 8 3 hour missions you need to get to 40 in the middle of the process when they are only worth 1200-1500vp instead of at the end when they are worth 2750/3500.

It could be good for people with very borderline crews who only are able to get to 70-75% at 4K since it removes some of the risk of getting there taking longer, but for anyone with a better crew you’d rather get higher VP missions. And for those with a worse crew you want to be at 2750 anyway.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened all missions, completed 4 one minute ones, opened another 4 and completed them with 2* time boosts, then opened another 3 one minute ones, then opened 7x 1hr 30 minute missions and completed with 3* boosts, then completed all the one minute ones. I was then up to 2750 missions which I complete with 3* boosts, then 3500 missions again complete with 3* boosts.

Im not sure its the most efficient way, but I am doing ok.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

If you start by opening all the missions and then run 6 missions, you can only open 6 new missions, not 8.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting variations in kickstarts. I personally use the same general method as @Webberoni, but I skip the 4* time step. (I'd rather save those for later, if needed.) Open max, complete 11, open 11, time boost 11, complete remaining.

In summary, do whatever kickstart procedure you would normally do OR do what @AviTrek said, since faction point totals are dwarfed in the chroniton-fueled galaxy phase anyway.
  • I just don't see the need anymore of doing a quick start, more and 2.75 years of playing this game makes me have a really huge crew base which gives some or a lot of bonus, almost not losing Factions missions is almost the same as doing a quick start.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my modified no boost kickstart for this week vs my usual boosted kickstart. I'm 500-1000 lower than usual. I don't care this week, but if you want to rank under 1k in a faction event you need to do a kickstart.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

If you start by opening all the missions and then run 6 missions, you can only open 6 new missions, not 8.

There are 2 missions completed with 4* timers + 6x 1min missions = 8

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

Why would you open the 8 3 hour missions you need to get to 40 in the middle of the process when they are only worth 1200-1500vp instead of at the end when they are worth 2750/3500.

It could be good for people with very borderline crews who only are able to get to 70-75% at 4K since it removes some of the risk of getting there taking longer, but for anyone with a better crew you’d rather get higher VP missions. And for those with a worse crew you want to be at 2750 anyway.

Because you jump from 1500 missions straight to 4k.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see the need anymore of doing a quick start, more and 2.75 years of playing this game makes me have a really huge crew base which gives some or a lot of bonus, almost not losing Factions missions is almost the same as doing a quick start.

I know what you mean. I tried kickstarting a couple times and apparently messed up every single time, so now I don’t bother. I clear all the thresholds with ease and have managed a top-4,000 rank without using a single 3* time boost.

I will give the kickstart another shot if there is a 5* character I want...and the longer it takes DB to release that person, the more 3*/4*/5* time boosts I will have. I don’t see a downside.

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

You don’t get there instantly, you have to do 8 3 hour 1500 VP missions, either waiting for them to end or using boosts.

I get to 2750 with instacomplete boosted shuttles and do 4 2750 and 43500 in the same time or with the same boosts used for the 1500 shuttles.

If I can pass them, Why wouldn’t I want the 25,000 VP for those 2750/3500 shuttles rather than 12k for 8 1500 shuttles.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

Don't complete all missions complete 6x 1min then open 8 new missions at 1200-1500vp.

Did you miss a step in the directions?

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

You don’t get there instantly, you have to do 8 3 hour 1500 VP missions, either waiting for them to end or using boosts.

I get to 2750 with instacomplete boosted shuttles and do 4 2750 and 43500 in the same time or with the same boosts used for the 1500 shuttles.

If I can pass them, Why wouldn’t I want the 25,000 VP for those 2750/3500 shuttles rather than 12k for 8 1500 shuttles.

You can use 3*, 4* or 5* Time reducers so after 90min -120min you are on 4k missions or use 5* timers + dilithium to complete them instantly. That's how players get such high scores in the 1st hr get to 4k ASAP
  • ST_DreadnoughtST_Dreadnought ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

Don't complete all missions complete 6x 1min then open 8 new missions at 1200-1500vp.

Did you miss a step in the directions?

Did you not read Paladin27 post that I adjusted his last line? Read the previous line
    Once you have used the 2x 4* time boosts

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

You can use 3*, 4* or 5* Time reducers so after 90min -120min you are on 4k missions or use 5* timers + dilithium to complete them instantly. That's how players get such high scores in the 1st hr get to 4k ASAP

I am aware. If I want to use 4/5 star time boosts and dil purchases I can do it just the same at 8 2750/3500 missions as you can at 1500 and get more VP for it.

Open all missions
    Complete 2 of them

I am aware. If I want to use 4/5 star time boosts and dil purchases I can do it just the same at 8 2750/3500 missions as you can at 1500 and get more VP for it.

Ok you do it your way and I'll do it my way.

I'm in the top 15 atm without using any dilithium to accelerate missions just using 3* timers now + 12× 4* & 4× 5*. Once phase 2 starts then I'll be swamped by players with large amounts of chronitons.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    There is no difference between a Full Faction and Hybrid Event jump start.
    The number of unique missions that can be opened is variable in both cases.

As there is only one faction in the next event the number of missions is likely to be between 12 and 20.

I believe it was 20 I could open yesterday. Maybe because is a re-run? Might pre-date the lowered limit?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."